Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random BSODs

14 Mar 2014   #31
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

kasotol, Could you explain what you mean by 'I start first BIOS'? Do you mean you go into bios first, then save and exit to start the Operating system? If so, what do you do when you go into Bios that stops it from BSOD when the OS starts? Just so you understand, when you turn on your computer, BIOS starts first and performs a POST (pre operation self test) in which it initializes (starts) every piece of hardware. When it finishes that's when you see the manufacturer's logo. Then it hands everything over to the Operating system, which is when you see the 'starting windows' logo and the balls coming together. When you see that is the first time Windows itself becomes involved in the start up procedure. Everything before the starting Windows is BIOS. So, could you please explain to me exactly what you do that keeps it from a BSOD?

Also, in post #28 you said that the sfc /scannow found corrupted files it couldn't fix. Could go to that location and copy the CBS logs and paste them on your desktop. Then right click them and select send to > Compressed Zip folder. Please upload the ZIP folder in your next post. Also, could you let us know what language they will be in?

Could I get you to completely fill out your system specs so we will know what hardware you are using. If you will look at the bottom left of this post and click 'My System Specs' you will see mine and get an idea of exactly what we would like. If you know yours, you can click my system specs in your post and you will have a link to update system specs, where you can fill your out then be sure to click the save button at the bottom of the page. If you need help this will tell you an easy way to see them and fill them out. System Info - See Your System Specs


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Mar 2014   #32
kasotol

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
kasotol, Could you explain what you mean by 'I start first BIOS'? Do you mean you go into bios first, then save and exit to start the Operating system? If so, what do you do when you go into Bios that stops it from BSOD when the OS starts? Just so you understand, when you turn on your computer, BIOS starts first and performs a POST (pre operation self test) in which it initializes (starts) every piece of hardware. When it finishes that's when you see the manufacturer's logo. Then it hands everything over to the Operating system, which is when you see the 'starting windows' logo and the balls coming together. When you see that is the first time Windows itself becomes involved in the start up procedure. Everything before the starting Windows is BIOS. So, could you please explain to me exactly what you do that keeps it from a BSOD?
Sorry. I try to explain. I start the computer from the button, then I snap Delete-button to get in to BIOS Setup (that's what I mean when saying BIOS). Then I just wait for about 5 minutes, then press ESC-button and OK, and the Windows will start with no Blue Screens. I got the tip from Google: Blue screen only on cold boot. [Solved] - Asus - Motherboards
But PSU wasn't my problem (tested with new one).

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Also, in post #28 you said that the sfc /scannow found corrupted files it couldn't fix. Could go to that location and copy the CBS logs and paste them on your desktop. Then right click them and select send to > Compressed Zip folder. Please upload the ZIP folder in your next post. Also, could you let us know what language they will be in?
Yes. I think CBS logs are in English. But cmd.exe was in Finnish.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Could I get you to completely fill out your system specs so we will know what hardware you are using. If you will look at the bottom left of this post and click 'My System Specs' you will see mine and get an idea of exactly what we would like. If you know yours, you can click my system specs in your post and you will have a link to update system specs, where you can fill your out then be sure to click the save button at the bottom of the page. If you need help this will tell you an easy way to see them and fill them out. System Info - See Your System Specs
I tried to add those. Do I need to add some more?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2014   #33
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

The hardware specs look OK. When Arc comes back on, he will have to look at the CBS files, I don't know how. Have you tries resetting CMOS? (How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS))? If you decide to do that let me know before you do it. Also, when was the last time you did a clean install of Windows 7? Did you make any hardware changes before this started happening?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Mar 2014   #34
kasotol

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
The hardware specs look OK. When Arc comes back on, he will have to look at the CBS files, I don't know how. Have you tries resetting CMOS? (How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS))? If you decide to do that let me know before you do it. Also, when was the last time you did a clean install of Windows 7? Did you make any hardware changes before this started happening?
I haven't tried to reset CMOS.

Clean install of Windows 7 done last time when the computer was build, in December 2010.

No hardware changes done before this started.

Some tip from here fixed that there's no BSODs anymore when computer is running.. But then appeared those cold startup problems.

What do you think could it be caused by Badcaps.net - Badcaps Home ? I try to watch inside my computer soon and probably see if there's something wrong with those caps.. I got this tip from another forum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2014   #35
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

I really have no idea about bad caps. Bad capacitors can happen on most anything, but I wouldn't think it would cause the problems you are having. What tip did you receive that stopped the BSODs? It could be a clue of what is happening on the cold starts. We know you have corrupted system files from the scannow results. Corrupted system files can very well cause BSOD and other problems, and usually does cause some type problem. Next time you go into bios, please tell me the values for the +12V, +5V and +3.3V from bios. Also, I'm not sure what that badcaps site was talking about, other than it didn't like windows 8. Have you modded your operating system any? Also, how familiar are you in the bios settings and are you overclocking anything?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2014   #36
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Nothing very serious can be obtained from the log.
Quote:
Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired
For cold boot BSODs, altering the RAM voltages is a good way to troubleshoot it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2014   #37
kasotol

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
What tip did you receive that stopped the BSODs? It could be a clue of what is happening on the cold starts.
Oh, sorry, it wasn't probably a tip from here. I had cold startup BSODs before posted this thread here.
But I think "normal use" BSODs disappeared after some driver updates and uninstalls (GPU, network adapter) etc., and some settings with GPU..

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Next time you go into bios, please tell me the values for the +12V, +5V and +3.3V from bios. Also, I'm not sure what that badcaps site was talking about, other than it didn't like windows 8. Have you modded your operating system any? Also, how familiar are you in the bios settings and are you overclocking anything?
3.327 5.124 12.130

I would say I haven't done anything for my computer unless there's some problem.

I'm not an expert, but I think I can do most of the things myself if I got (good) instructions. So I think I'm not overclocking.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
For cold boot BSODs, altering the RAM voltages is a good way to troubleshoot it.
Arc: Would you help me to try to do that, please?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2014   #38
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

If you don't have it installed already, download and install CPUz. Then please post screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory and SPD tabs. On the SPD tab you can select each dimm slot, please post a screenshot of each Dimm slot that has ram installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2014   #39
kasotol

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
If you don't have it installed already, download and install CPUz. Then please post screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory and SPD tabs. On the SPD tab you can select each dimm slot, please post a screenshot of each Dimm slot that has ram installed.
Here we go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2014   #40
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Did you set the timings and frequency for the ram? In BIOS make sure the Dram Voltage is set at 1.5V. The ram is set according to the JDEC values, but it can run faster and is designed to run at 1333 (667) with timings of 9-9-9-24 @ 1.50V, which is typical of what most boards set it at. But, the way it is running now is within specs as long as the voltage is set correctly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random BSODs




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Random BSODs during random tasks, numerous BCCodes.
For some reason, my last post here regarding this issue was deleted after ~2 days without warning or response from anyone, so here I am again now that I can view this section once more. For the past week or so now, my PC has been randomly BSODing at seemingly random times.. mostly when gaming....
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs with random intervals (have files from SF diagnostics)
Getting random BSODS from 5 times a week to 2 times a week to 0 times a week its really random and i hope the files can describe the issue.
BSOD Help and Support
BSODs, Random times, random error messages.
Hi all, first off, thanks for reading this. Basically, my current build is about 2-3 years old, the newest thing being my PSU (which I replaced after several issues with the GPU drivers constantly crashing, turns out it wasn't the power anyway...) For the past few weeks, I've been having...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs Caused by Random Files with Differing Stop Codes
Since 16 Feb 2013 to today 22 Feb 2013 I've been getting Blue Screens; these appear to be completely random each time with different stop codes and (according to Blue Screen Veiw) are caused by different files. For example; Caused by ntkrnlpa.exe or atikmdag.exe, or ks,sys, or USBPORT.SYS, or...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs during random tasks. Latest error: 0x1000007e
Hey folks. Acer AS4830TG-6808 Win7 Home Premium x64 Acer OEM Machine is less than a month old Added 4GB Ram stick (PNY, now total of 8GB) Have been getting random BSODs over the last week or so. I'm not sure of the reasoning, however I suspect it may be gaming related. Errors began while...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs; Firefox 4 random crashes
I recently built a new desktop PC running a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit retail version (see my system specs). All hardware was purchased new, and all software installed were fresh installs. All Windows Updates were applied successfully, including SP1. I have also updated all drivers...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App