Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random BSODs

08 Feb 2014   #1
kasotol

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Random BSODs

Hello!

First, sorry for probably bad English. There has been random BSODs a very long time (probably first BSOD about year ago). There's a screenshot of BlueScreenView about last BlueScreens: View image: bluescreens

Memtest is done about 20 times, with no errors. Last few days there has been some problems when starting the computer, first time starting computer there appears BlueScreen or computer just restarts itself. Then, after restarting 2-5 times, computer keeps on running normally.

Some specs of my computer:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2,8GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460
CORSAIR PSU 550W 12CM ATX V2.2

Temperatures should be ok, 39-58C at the moment. Could the problem be in motherboard, GPU, power..? Please help. I have tried to get help many times, nobody can't tell how to fix this yet.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Feb 2014   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Hi kasotol.

Uninstall AVG following their guide: http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; as the installed antivirus never was able to complete the scans without a BSOD.

BTW, memtest should be counted based on passes, not on times. How many continuous passes you ran memtest86+? It is suggested to run memtest86+ for at lease 8 consecutive passes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2014   #3
kasotol

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; as the installed antivirus never was able to complete the scans without a BSOD.
Thanks for helping. Do you mean that AVG cannot complete the scan without a BSOD? I think it can do that, when I start it manually.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
BTW, memtest should be counted based on passes, not on times. How many continuous passes you ran memtest86+? It is suggested to run memtest86+ for at lease 8 consecutive passes.
It's been running 3 times (nights), with 6-8 passes for one night.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Feb 2014   #4
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kasotol View Post
Thanks for helping. Do you mean that AVG cannot complete the scan without a BSOD? I think it can do that, when I start it manually.
All the BSOD reports AVG as the program running in the background when the BSODs took place.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2014   #5
kasotol

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Uninstall AVG following their guide: http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; as the installed antivirus never was able to complete the scans without a BSOD.
Done, done & done.

Again, 5 minutes ago, cold startup and BSOD!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2014   #6
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kasotol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Uninstall AVG following their guide: http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; as the installed antivirus never was able to complete the scans without a BSOD.
Done, done & done.

Again, 5 minutes ago, cold startup and BSOD!
Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2014   #7
kasotol

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
And done!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2014   #8
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Code:
STACK_COMMAND:  kb

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -db !nt
2 errors : !nt (fffff80003549a8c-fffff80003549aa4)
fffff80003549a80  41  8b  55  00  41  3b  d6  74  1b  48  8b  4c *04  50  48  8b A.U.A;.t.H.L.PH.
...
fffff80003549aa0  8b  44  24  40 *41  89  75  00  48  8b  5e  20  49  c7  04  24 .D$@A.u.H.^ I..$

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption

IMAGE_NAME:  memory_corruption

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  memory_corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR:  STRIDE

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE

BUCKET_ID:  X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE

ANALYSIS_SOURCE:  KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:  km:x64_memory_corruption_stride

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {54f6a81e-bd17-9afc-f167-0352818951c1}

Followup: memory_corruption
---------
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2014   #9
kasotol

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the results.
But I've done this:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kasotol View Post
It's been running 3 times (nights), with 6-8 passes for one night.
At least in one night it did ran 8 passes, with no errors.

Anything else I can try? Of course I can run Memtest for one more night.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2014   #10
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

One think you may do, assuming some drivers are passing bad information to the memory.

Enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

information   Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

warning   Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip   Tip

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random BSODs




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Random BSODs during random tasks, numerous BCCodes.
For some reason, my last post here regarding this issue was deleted after ~2 days without warning or response from anyone, so here I am again now that I can view this section once more. For the past week or so now, my PC has been randomly BSODing at seemingly random times.. mostly when gaming....
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs with random intervals (have files from SF diagnostics)
Getting random BSODS from 5 times a week to 2 times a week to 0 times a week its really random and i hope the files can describe the issue.
BSOD Help and Support
BSODs, Random times, random error messages.
Hi all, first off, thanks for reading this. Basically, my current build is about 2-3 years old, the newest thing being my PSU (which I replaced after several issues with the GPU drivers constantly crashing, turns out it wasn't the power anyway...) For the past few weeks, I've been having...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs Caused by Random Files with Differing Stop Codes
Since 16 Feb 2013 to today 22 Feb 2013 I've been getting Blue Screens; these appear to be completely random each time with different stop codes and (according to Blue Screen Veiw) are caused by different files. For example; Caused by ntkrnlpa.exe or atikmdag.exe, or ks,sys, or USBPORT.SYS, or...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs during random tasks. Latest error: 0x1000007e
Hey folks. Acer AS4830TG-6808 Win7 Home Premium x64 Acer OEM Machine is less than a month old Added 4GB Ram stick (PNY, now total of 8GB) Have been getting random BSODs over the last week or so. I'm not sure of the reasoning, however I suspect it may be gaming related. Errors began while...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs; Firefox 4 random crashes
I recently built a new desktop PC running a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit retail version (see my system specs). All hardware was purchased new, and all software installed were fresh installs. All Windows Updates were applied successfully, including SP1. I have also updated all drivers...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:32.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App