Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD's suddenly occurring very frequently, errors 0x00000024, 4a, 1b

27 Feb 2014   #11
benjamins

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Thanks, will do.

Apologies for having a zip file with so many minidumps in it. It put them all in there, including the ones from over a year ago!

Obviously only the most recent 5 or so are relevant.

If it's just RAM sticks I'll be very happy, probably one of the easier things to replace. I still get kind of nervous opening up a tower though.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Feb 2014   #12
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by benjamins View Post

If it's just RAM sticks I'll be very happy, probably one of the easier things to replace. I still get kind of nervous opening up a tower though.
There is a chance, but nothing can be said with certainty without doing the test.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2014   #13
aritra2116

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
 
 

Also try this : SFC
Log in to your account as an Administrator and go to the start button, type in cmd in the search box and right click on the result and Run as Administrator. In the elevated cmd window, type SFC /SCANNOW and press enter. Let it run until it scan to the end. You may also try this in safe mode with command prompt as the cmd window directly appears and then just key in SFC /SCANNOW there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Feb 2014   #14
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aritra2116 View Post
Also try this : SFC
Log in to your account as an Administrator and go to the start button, type in cmd in the search box and right click on the result and Run as Administrator. In the elevated cmd window, type SFC /SCANNOW and press enter. Let it run until it scan to the end. You may also try this in safe mode with command prompt as the cmd window directly appears and then just key in SFC /SCANNOW there.
There is a tutorial for that, easier than typing it out.

This may help, run the steps outlined in this tutorial, Option Two, and reboot the system:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Note   Note
If after 2 runs there are still corrupt files, it won't fix it. I can ask for further help if so.


You may get this result:
Code:
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired
them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
The system file repair changes will take effect after the next reboot.
Or a message that no integrity violations were found.
Or that Windows Resource Protection found errors it cannot repair, if so rerun the steps above.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2014   #15
benjamins

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Thanks greatly for the suggestions. I've downloaded memtest and should be able to run it over the weekend at some point. So I'll do that first.

Without tempting fate, I've had my pc on for 5 hours last night with no issues, and briefly today. All I've done is literally poke at some wires inside to check they're not loose, and clean the fan filters as they were very full of dust. The inside is pretty dust-free, so the filters at least do one job correctly. Also I've taken my headphones out of the front headphone socket, as I'm using them elsewhere for the first time.

I have a minor issue, non-fatal, with my sound card fairly often. About 1 boot in 20 the sound card just doesn't initialize, but I don't know if this is relevant for any of my BSOD. Do RAM sticks overheat? I know that's a pretty stupid suggestion, but humour me

If I have time to put a little stress on the RAM, GPU etc over the weekend, I'll play some games, and post a BSOD if another comes up. Are modern computers/RAM that sensitive to slightly high temperatures?

Cheers,
Ben
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2014   #16
aritra2116

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aritra2116 View Post
Also try this : SFC
Log in to your account as an Administrator and go to the start button, type in cmd in the search box and right click on the result and Run as Administrator. In the elevated cmd window, type SFC /SCANNOW and press enter. Let it run until it scan to the end. You may also try this in safe mode with command prompt as the cmd window directly appears and then just key in SFC /SCANNOW there.
There is a tutorial for that, easier than typing it out.

This may help, run the steps outlined in this tutorial, Option Two, and reboot the system:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Note   Note
If after 2 runs there are still corrupt files, it won't fix it. I can ask for further help if so.


You may get this result:
Code:
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired
them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
The system file repair changes will take effect after the next reboot.
Or a message that no integrity violations were found.
Or that Windows Resource Protection found errors it cannot repair, if so rerun the steps above.
Thanks for the suggestion Gary. Will always do this next time whe helping others
And Ben, you said that you had a lot of dust in there so it is usual to have high temps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2014   #17
benjamins

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

So a mini update.

Unfortunately I did not have time to run memtest over the weekend, was busier than expected!

I had a few BSOD during the weekend, almost all the stop codes this time were either A or 1A. Yesterday I had my pc running for over 10 hours straight until right at the end of the day when I closed down Firefox. Firefox 'closed unexpectedly' as I minimized a flash video and then the BSOD happened about 1 second later.

This was after I updated to the most recent nVidia driver in the morning. I tried to update my sound card drivers, but there have been no new ones for years for a lot of the SoundBlaster range.

I'm guessing A and 1A mean I've got a bit of a RAM stick faulty somewhere, but I'll try and find time for the proper diagnostics. If it runs OK this evening I'll post the latest few minidumps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2014   #18
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Yes please run memtest86+ exactly as in the tutorial.
Some other hardware tests to run.


Hard drive(s)test(s):
Pick one for your HDD brand or use Seatools.
7 Free Hard Drive Testing Software Tools

RAM (memory) test:
This will require memtest on a bootable CD or USB stick.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Did you do the SFC scan?
This may help, run the steps outlined in this tutorial, Option Two, and reboot the system:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Note   Note
If after 2 runs there are still corrupt files, it won't fix it. I can ask for further help if so.


You may get this result:
Code:
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired
them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
The system file repair changes will take effect after the next reboot.
Or a message that no integrity violations were found.
Or that Windows Resource Protection found errors it cannot repair, if so rerun the steps above.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2014   #19
benjamins

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I have just done three successive SFC scans, and it came up clear. I am now going to try windows memory diagnostic.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2014   #20
benjamins

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Here are the latest minidumps.

I also ran windows memory checker and it came up blank, but only after 2 runs. I checked my BIOS and I can't see a USB boot option, so I might need to go find a RWCD for memtest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD's suddenly occurring very frequently, errors 0x00000024, 4a, 1b




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD's occurring frequently, mostly error 0x00000124
Hey, I've been having serious problems with my computer over the past week. When running my computer, I get frequent crashes, black screens and BSOD's. These crashes occur randomly, but strangely enough when I'm not playing games. Usually when I exit the game a crash will occur shortly after and...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD error 0x0000003B occurring randomly & frequently
Lately I've been getting a BSOD with a stop: 0x0000003B error on my laptop. I've tried updating my graphics driver, running a sfc /scannow test, tried the applicable hotfix from the Microsoft website and nothing solves the issue. Here are the contents of my windows/minidump/ folder:...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD occurring randomly and frequently in past 2 days.
I had posted on this forum about 2 months ago and got my BSOD problem fixed that time, After that, I got 1 BSOD after 2 weeks I guess, but then nothing again until 2 days ago I ignored it that time but then it happened twice yesterday and today it happened twice as well I don't think I...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD frequently occurring after Windows update, WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
Hello, I had been having bsod issues for awhile last year and had gotten help on here and the problem had gone away. Before this recent string of bsods I had only had one in April and none for several months before that. I had a Windows update on the 3rd and didn't notice anything different, but...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD occurring more frequently
Hi there, the past couple of days I've been having BSOD's more and more often. It doesn't seem to matter what program I'm running, google chrome, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare or just leaving the computer running for a few minutes. Specs: Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit i7-2600K CPU @ 3.4GHz 8GB RAM...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD occurring at random times, very frequently
Hi all, just joined the forum today to try and solve my BSOD problem, hope you can help me. I read the Posting Instructions so I hope I get this right.. My first bluescreen was sometime between August 8th-20th. It's been happening more and more frequently now. 3 times yesterday. I checked all...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App