Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: My computer repeatedly and quickly gives me a blue screen

02 May 2014   #11
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

It looks like you did it right buddy, as long as that is from your machine and not the computer your using now to post. Be patient man, we will get everything figured out.

Quick question, the game your bro was playing, did he install that and play it or had you already had that game before and it was not an issue when you had it installed before?

Edit, I think I might remember his specs.

I know its a a8 or a10 for the cpu. He has 4GB of ram, and a 500GB hard drive. It is windows 7 home premium x64 oem legit from newegg. His Ram I had tested before with windows memory diagnostic before I gave him the pc and everything was working great for several months before this incident.


Looks like he filled in his specs completely. Awesome job man. That will def help in troubleshooting.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 May 2014   #12
WorldWalker128

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I installed that game shortly after I got it (the computer) home. I've been playing it on and off for several months now with no issues until now. The only thing that comes to mind that might have played a part in this is that discussion we had about Moonbase Alpha about four or so months ago, but I still doubt that the computer restarting was due to overheating due to the game's poor graphic details and very little action going on and still think it was just a regular 'ol random glitch because I've not had an issue like that since. It might have just been one of those random updates for Avast! that tell you the system needs to restart and automatically does so. I had it set not to pester me when I'm playing a game so it doesn't minimize my screen mid-game. I know it's a long-shot but with all the fans you helped me install I doubt that it simply over-heated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2014   #13
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Hi.

The oldest crash dump points to some issues with Avast, but not very strongly.

All the others are indicating to memory corruption; which may be either the physical memory failure or any driver passing a bad information to the memory.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
If it does not show any error, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

information   Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

warning   Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip   Tip

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any. But, this time post the entire data generated by the tool, not the crash dumps only.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 May 2014   #14
WorldWalker128

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hi.

The oldest crash dump points to some issues with Avast, but not very strongly.

All the others are indicating to memory corruption; which may be either the physical memory failure or any driver passing a bad information to the memory.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
If it does not show any error, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

information   Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

warning   Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip   Tip

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any. But, this time post the entire data generated by the tool, not the crash dumps only.
I'll be doing as you suggest (in order) in just a moment, but I have a question: When I go to the screen that allows me to boot my computer in safe mode, one of the options that comes up says 'Repair Computer'. Would that option be of any benefit to me, or is it about as helpful as 'Windows Help'.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2014   #15
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WorldWalker128 View Post
When I go to the screen that allows me to boot my computer in safe mode, one of the options that comes up says 'Repair Computer'. Would that option be of any benefit to me, or is it about as helpful as 'Windows Help'.
This one?

Attachment 316383

This is very helpful in some cases; specially when a computer is not booting up properly. But in your case this option will not be of any help.

In your case, it is to determine what is causing the memory problem, and to take the proper action to rectify it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2014   #16
WorldWalker128

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WorldWalker128 View Post
When I go to the screen that allows me to boot my computer in safe mode, one of the options that comes up says 'Repair Computer'. Would that option be of any benefit to me, or is it about as helpful as 'Windows Help'.
This one?

Attachment 316383

This is very helpful in some cases; specially when a computer is not booting up properly. But in your case this option will not be of any help.

In your case, it is to determine what is causing the memory problem, and to take the proper action to rectify it.
Thank you.
To getting the USB RAM test to run, I'm a little stuck. While I've managed to bring the BIOS screen up (as the page instructed) I'm not sure which option is the correct one as several of them have USB as part of the name. Some of them I think are irrelevant as they seem to be talking about CDs that are also somehow USB (which makes no sense to me). I've narrowed it down to 3 I think it might be:
1. UEFI USB Hard Disk (I'm assuming that's Hard drive and is not the correct option)
2. USB Hard Disk (Might be an external Hard Drive)
3. UEFI USB key

None of them simply say USB on them, and I have no idea what UEFI stands for.

also, also- after getting another blue screen after misunderstanding the instructions and going to regular boot the computer informed me that Windows Explorer had stopped working and a minute and a half later I caught before the computer restarted again that the error was caused by Memory_Management. Does that help any?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2014   #17
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

If you want to know about UEFI, go through it ..... Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... it will give you a basic idea.

In short, it is the new form of BIOS, and in an UEFI environment, things are dislpayed in this way ... with prefixes .... either UEFI or Legacy.

You opt for the third option .... UEFI USB key.

As I told you already, we are searching for the reason behind the memory corruption that is visible as the probable cause of the BSOD. And these two steps (Memtest86+ and Driver Verifier) will help us to do it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2014   #18
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hey arc, I spoke with him on the phone and got it working. Right away it found memory errors and stated to get new ram.

He only has 1 stick of ram, so that has to be the culprit.

He wants gaming ram, so I suggested this:

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - Newegg.com

He is buying that new ram and will get it installed. We will then test it. He will mark this thread solved if he no longer has bsods. Thank you so much. I was going to have him do a ram test but I just didn't have time to help him with this until today. In all honestly I thought it was something with the game and I didn't think it would be his ram from the information I got from him at the time.

We shall report back!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2014   #19
Thedoctor44

 

Andrew, I would suggest him to test the RAM again in a different DIMM slot as there is always a slight chance that the DIMM slot is faulty and not the RAM.
It is most likely the RAM but I always find it better to be safe than sorry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2014   #20
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Why didn't I think of that?


Thank you doctor
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 My computer repeatedly and quickly gives me a blue screen




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
My computer Crash Blue screen help mee :(
my computer shutdown during a game and i got this blue screen. can you please help me, i upload the DUMP file. thank you very much :)!
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen in my computer
hi I have a big problem in the machine, a blue screen appears in the device Were followers of steps in the following topic http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html Been attach files error Please help
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen in my computer
hi I have a big problem in the machine, a blue screen appears in the device Were followers of steps in the following topic http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html Been attach files error Please help
BSOD Help and Support
Blue screen with new computer
Hi guys, new here, just built up a new computer for doing solidworks design, and am having intermittent crashes to the blue screen. Ive attached the dmp file, was wondering if anyone could tell me what is crashing? I have about 2 weeks left on return for my components (bought from newegg)
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen Crashes, Need help. I need computer to do HWs...
HI, all. I bought this Lenovo B500 a year ago. Worked perfectly until Mid March. One night in march, crashed like 5 times and stopped. It became blue screen again starting this week, happens a few time today. Thanks for everyone. Finals are coming , i need this computer to do hws. :cry: Basic...
BSOD Help and Support
computer freeze often and blue screen very often also
Hi my Dell Dimension 9150 with, Windows 7 x86, 2gb ram, grafic Geforce 7900GTX. Freeze all the time and also gets blue screens all the time. I reinstalled comp few days ago, still same prob. Removed antivirus also. Please help me out, hope all info is enough i have . Windows 7 x86
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:31.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App