Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD when going to sleep mode

16 Jun 2014   #1
Frode789

Windows 7 64bit
 
 
BSOD when going to sleep mode

Hi.

So I am getting frequent BSODs when going to sleep mode on my Windows 7 64 bit, which is very annoying. I have attached the minidumps I have available. It happens maybe once every five times. System specs are on my profile.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Jun 2014   #2
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

We need more information to analyze your logs. Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, let the tool run until it has completely finished and then upload the new logs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2014   #3
Frode789

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Here is the BSOD tool report attached.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jun 2014   #4
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

Your AMD driver is causing problems.

Code:
fffff880`0406b7e8  fffff880`03d9ac12Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
 atikmpag+0x46c12
Use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc, then download the latest driver from here. When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver. If the latest driver still causes issues, perform the same steps but with 13.9 instead, the most stable recent AMD driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2014   #5
superyutz

Windows 7 Home 64bit
 
 
My system also crashes in sleep mode

My system is self built with a DQ45EK Intel motherboard, E8400 Intel CPU, 2Gigs of mem, no add on cards.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2014   #6
Frode789

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Your AMD driver is causing problems.

Code:
fffff880`0406b7e8  fffff880`03d9ac12Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
 atikmpag+0x46c12
Use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc, then download the latest driver from here. When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver. If the latest driver still causes issues, perform the same steps but with 13.9 instead, the most stable recent AMD driver.
Okay, thank you. Did you check both minidumps, both pointed at this driver?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2014   #7
superyutz

Windows 7 Home 64bit
 
 

My video display adapter is Intel Q45/Q43 which according to Driver Detective is up to date. I'm not using any external video card, just the motherboard chipset.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2014   #8
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frode789 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Your AMD driver is causing problems.

Code:
fffff880`0406b7e8  fffff880`03d9ac12Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
 atikmpag+0x46c12
Use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc, then download the latest driver from here. When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver. If the latest driver still causes issues, perform the same steps but with 13.9 instead, the most stable recent AMD driver.
Okay, thank you. Did you check both minidumps, both pointed at this driver?

BitDefender is also showing as problematic.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bdfwfpf.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bdfwfpf.sys
 bdfwfpf+0xca9a
Uninstall BitDefender. Install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

Note   Note
Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2014   #9
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by superyutz View Post
My system is self built with a DQ45EK Intel motherboard, E8400 Intel CPU, 2Gigs of mem, no add on cards.
Start your own thread please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD when going to sleep mode




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode
Hi, I've had this problem intermittently on my laptop for the past 2 years however it has been occuring more often recently. Basically sometimes when I click the sleep button on Windows 7, the screen fades to black as usual. However the fan keeps running (sounds like when it's on full load) and...
General Discussion
BSOD during sleep mode
In the last few days my computer has started consistently (~50%) blue screening after I've put it to sleep. Upon waking it up it informs me about how it wasn't able to shut down correctly, and once I get to the desktop, about the BSOD that occurred. I'd be grateful if you could assist me in finding...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during sleep mode
Hello I've having problems with BSOD after my computer goes to sleep mode. I haven't had a chance to check it out until now, so there are quite a bit of minidump files that have been accumulated. My computer is about 6 years old. All I've done so far is update drivers for my graphic and sound...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during sleep mode
Just got a new Dell XPS Studio 7100 about 3 weeks ago. I get random BSOD during sleep mode at random times. BSOD never occurs while I am actively using the computer. This is very annoying and I am afraid I will lose my work at some point! Enclosed zip file contains last 3 minidumps of the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after sleep mode
Hello, This computer was purchased second hand. I purchased windows 7 about 3 months ago. The previous version was not genuine. - it is 32 bit - previous OS is unknown - OEM is purchased at full retail - age of system is unknown - OS was installed 3 months ago and the windows/old file...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD in sleep mode
My Win 7 professional x64 on a lenovo T500 sometimes restarts during sleep mode and gives me this message: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000009f ...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App