Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Randomly every few days

01 Jul 2014   #101
gregrocker

 

What is the exact AMD display driver that you have installed in Device Manager? How is it listed and what are its date and version?

Where did you get this driver?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Jul 2014   #102
Broken Hyoid

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
What is the exact AMD display driver that you have installed in Device Manager? How is it listed and what are its date and version?

Where did you get this driver?


This is the display driver. It was part of windows updates after I had removed my dedicated GPU from the PC and the dedicated GPU's drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2014   #103
Slartybart

x64 (6.3.9600) Win8.1 Pro & soon dual boot x64 (6.1.7601) Win7_SP1 HomePrem
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
I'll try and clarify things a bit regarding the licensing situation....

One of the things about an OEM System Builder license is that you agree to supplementary licensing terms BEFORE opening the packet to install or read the Key - the act of opening the packet indicates acceptance of the terms.

Obviously, with the Key coming by email it's not possible for you to agree or disagree to those terms - which automatically makes the license invalid, whatever any technical/activation/validation results may be.

There is also the distinct possibility that the Key and the package are counterfeits - high quality ones, maybe, but counterfeits - and/or that the Key has been duplicated and sold many times, which will result in major problems down the line.

As Essenbe says, your best option is to RMA the product and inform Amazon.
Thanks for the clarification on the OEM System Builder license.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Jul 2014   #104
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
I'll try and clarify things a bit regarding the licensing situation....

One of the things about an OEM System Builder license is that you agree to supplementary licensing terms BEFORE opening the packet to install or read the Key - the act of opening the packet indicates acceptance of the terms.

Obviously, with the Key coming by email it's not possible for you to agree or disagree to those terms - which automatically makes the license invalid, whatever any technical/activation/validation results may be.

There is also the distinct possibility that the Key and the package are counterfeits - high quality ones, maybe, but counterfeits - and/or that the Key has been duplicated and sold many times, which will result in major problems down the line.

As Essenbe says, your best option is to RMA the product and inform Amazon.
Thanks for the clarification on the OEM System Builder license.
I agree. I learned something from that one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2014   #105
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Broken Hyoid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
What is the exact AMD display driver that you have installed in Device Manager? How is it listed and what are its date and version?

Where did you get this driver?


This is the display driver. It was part of windows updates after I had removed my dedicated GPU from the PC and the dedicated GPU's drivers.
The FX 6300 was not even released until a year after that driver is dated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2014   #106
Broken Hyoid

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
The FX 6300 was not even released until a year after that driver is dated.
Lol, well I don't know whats going on there, but thats the only driver for the intergrated graphics and it was from windows updates itself.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
The GPU or the Motherboard pcie slot.
Okay this has got me thinking. When I built my PC it had a PCIE wireless card. This card made my internet go crazy, ping issues, latency in game, etc. So I assumed it was just a bad card(the company wasn't well known either, so I didn't think too much about it) and returned it to amazon, at which point I just started using my old belkin wireless dongle instead as it was easier to install. I made nothing of it till now. Maybe the wireless card wasn't faulty at all? Maybe it was my mobo PCIE slot? Maybe my mobo is the cause. Anyway if no BSODs happen within 24 hrs we can confirm the PC is now stable(no bsods so far), so I will get my friends old GPU at one point and try it on my PC, if the PC BSODs after that, we can assume it is my mobo, if it doesn't I RMA the gpu. Thoughts?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2014   #107
gregrocker

 

Once again, you tried every available driver for the card for long enough to know it didn't help, correct? This is important enough to ask twice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2014   #108
Broken Hyoid

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Once again, you tried every available driver for the card for long enough to know it didn't help, correct? This is important enough to ask twice.
The only driver changed I made to my dedicated GPU when it was installed on the system were the following:

No drivers- BSODs still occured
Latest Driver(full package)- BSODs still occured
Latest Driver(without ''bloatware'')- BSODs still occured

Just to clarify I never tried any older version of the driver as I thought removing the GPU, as essenbe suggested, for 2 days would have been easier to identify whether it was the cause of the BSODs. So far it seems like so as it has almost been a day and no BSODs. If you wish I can install the GPU after this 2 day period with an older version of the driver to see if that does anything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2014   #109
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Yes, that is probably the best test. If you can run another card without the BSODs, that would Make it either the card or the mobo. If you get BSODs with another, known good working card, then I would have to assume it is the mobo. And, I emphasize a known good working card. Now, if you could convince your friend to run your card in his machine and his card in your machine, the results would be pretty definitive. Just remember to do a driver uninstall to make it a clean install. Mixed drivers will make almost any card have issues.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2014   #110
Broken Hyoid

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Yes, that is probably the best test. If you can run another card without the BSODs, that would Make it either the card or the mobo. If you get BSODs with another, known good working card, then I would have to assume it is the mobo. And, I emphasize a known good working card. Now, if you could convince your friend to run your card in his machine and his card in your machine, the results would be pretty definitive. Just remember to do a driver uninstall to make it a clean install. Mixed drivers will make almost any card have issues.
Yes I will confirm with him whether the card is reliable and see if he is up for using it for a couple days. He only replaced it as he got an upgrade, not because it was malfunctioning but I will confirm.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Randomly every few days




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD randomly twice in two days since fresh format
Hey guys, got myself some lovely BSOD issues after a fresh format yesterday. One happened yesterday upon closing a Chrome window and the next today whilst playing Bastion. Neither are particularly strenuous activities so I'm presuming a driver error. I've attached my dump files. Any...
BSOD Help and Support
ntoskrnl.exe+75b80 BSOD every few days
Hello, For a few weeks i have been having BSOD errors. I tried searching for help on google but i didn't find anything useful. When using blue screen viewer it says it's mostly caused by ntoskrnl.exe but I am not sure if it's correct, this mostly happens when playing games. I also...
BSOD Help and Support
Two different BSOd's in two days, happens randomly
Hello everyone, I recently installed a new motherboard and I think that may be the cause of my problems. I tried reading the dump files myself, but I'm no expert. What I picked out (from the two most recent BSOD's) is a USB 3.0 Accelerator (ASUS software) driver failure BSOD and a CPU hardware...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD twice in 5 days (ntoskrnl.exe/ntkrnlmp.exe and ntfs.sys)
I got a BSOD twice in the last 5 days. According to WhoCrashed, the first one came from ntfs.sys and the next one from ntoskrnl.exe/ntkrnlmp.exe. Apparently most likely a driver/memory error. The OS is Win7 x64 Ultimate Professional retail. The PC is slightly less than 2 years old and so is the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - Randomly over the last few days. Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
Hello, recently I have received 2 BSOD. Yesterday when i was playing Dota 2(with Itunes in background), and today when i was just browsing the internet and listening to Youtube. I can't seem to find the issue, so hopefully someone can help. I am reasonably sure that this is coming from a driver...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD randomly every couple of days
Hello, any help on my problem is much appreciated. I have experienced the BSOD seemingly randomly every so often on my new computer build. It has a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premum 64 bit and I haven't installed very much software on the computer because of the problems. I've...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App