Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD after using the computer for 30-45m.

21 Jun 2014   #31
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

Attachment 322644


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Jun 2014   #32
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

If you have not started these are the instructions and information about memtest68+

Next I would like you to run memtest86+. It is quite a long test as it needs to be run for 8 complete passes all at the same time. Please download the test from Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool. Although the names are similar, this test is much better than memtest86. It needs to be run for 8 complete passes or until you get an error. If you get an error, stop the test. In the link above if you will go down to the middle of the page you can download either the ISO file which needs to be burned to a CD by Windows image burner or any disk image burner you choose. Or you can download the auto installer for USB Flash drives to run it from a flash drive. Whichever you choose, be sure to download the zip file and extract it. Each Pass consists of 10 tests, each pass checks a different thing and each test checks different things. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely check the ram, more passes are better. It will take quite a number of hours to do the test, so it is usually better run over night. To run the test, boot from the media you chose and don't press any keys, the test will run automatically and will continue running until you tell it to stop. It will tell you how many passes it has run and how many errors are found. If it finds errors they will show up as red lines at the bottom of the page. It will take somewhere around 9-10 hours to check my computer with 8 GB of ram. If you have more it will take much longer.

Also, exactly what did you mean about check disk not working? Do you mean it did not help or that it would not run?

I would also like you to run a system file checker

Open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

I don't know all the software you have installed, but please download and install CPUz and post screenshots ( Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums ) of the CPU tab, the Mainboard tab, the Memory tab and the SPD tab. On the SPD tab, you can select each Dimm Slot from a dropdown box in the top left of the screen. We only need the Dimm Slots that are populated with Ram.

I would like you to monitor your CPU and GPU temps constantly and tell me what they are , especially at that 30-45 minute period. I use my Graphics card utility (EVGA Precision X) to monitor GPU temps and Core Temp for CPU temps. There are other utilities, but I use those. If you need alternative utilities just let me know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2014   #33
Tice

64bit
 
 

I will get back to you all soon! I have alot of work right now, and it'll have to do with putting the computer into power saver mode every 30 minutes, for now. ^.^
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jun 2014   #34
Tice

64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
If you have not started these are the instructions and information about memtest68+

Next I would like you to run memtest86+. It is quite a long test as it needs to be run for 8 complete passes all at the same time. Please download the test from Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool. Although the names are similar, this test is much better than memtest86. It needs to be run for 8 complete passes or until you get an error. If you get an error, stop the test. In the link above if you will go down to the middle of the page you can download either the ISO file which needs to be burned to a CD by Windows image burner or any disk image burner you choose. Or you can download the auto installer for USB Flash drives to run it from a flash drive. Whichever you choose, be sure to download the zip file and extract it. Each Pass consists of 10 tests, each pass checks a different thing and each test checks different things. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely check the ram, more passes are better. It will take quite a number of hours to do the test, so it is usually better run over night. To run the test, boot from the media you chose and don't press any keys, the test will run automatically and will continue running until you tell it to stop. It will tell you how many passes it has run and how many errors are found. If it finds errors they will show up as red lines at the bottom of the page. It will take somewhere around 9-10 hours to check my computer with 8 GB of ram. If you have more it will take much longer.

Also, exactly what did you mean about check disk not working? Do you mean it did not help or that it would not run?

I would also like you to run a system file checker

Open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

I don't know all the software you have installed, but please download and install CPUz and post screenshots ( Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums ) of the CPU tab, the Mainboard tab, the Memory tab and the SPD tab. On the SPD tab, you can select each Dimm Slot from a dropdown box in the top left of the screen. We only need the Dimm Slots that are populated with Ram.

I would like you to monitor your CPU and GPU temps constantly and tell me what they are , especially at that 30-45 minute period. I use my Graphics card utility (EVGA Precision X) to monitor GPU temps and Core Temp for CPU temps. There are other utilities, but I use those. If you need alternative utilities just let me know.
I will begin with this now. Thank you for the detailed instructions!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2014   #35
Tice

64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
If you have not started these are the instructions and information about memtest68+

Next I would like you to run memtest86+. It is quite a long test as it needs to be run for 8 complete passes all at the same time. Please download the test from Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool. Although the names are similar, this test is much better than memtest86. It needs to be run for 8 complete passes or until you get an error. If you get an error, stop the test. In the link above if you will go down to the middle of the page you can download either the ISO file which needs to be burned to a CD by Windows image burner or any disk image burner you choose. Or you can download the auto installer for USB Flash drives to run it from a flash drive. Whichever you choose, be sure to download the zip file and extract it. Each Pass consists of 10 tests, each pass checks a different thing and each test checks different things. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely check the ram, more passes are better. It will take quite a number of hours to do the test, so it is usually better run over night. To run the test, boot from the media you chose and don't press any keys, the test will run automatically and will continue running until you tell it to stop. It will tell you how many passes it has run and how many errors are found. If it finds errors they will show up as red lines at the bottom of the page. It will take somewhere around 9-10 hours to check my computer with 8 GB of ram. If you have more it will take much longer.

Also, exactly what did you mean about check disk not working? Do you mean it did not help or that it would not run?

I would also like you to run a system file checker

Open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

I don't know all the software you have installed, but please download and install CPUz and post screenshots ( Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums ) of the CPU tab, the Mainboard tab, the Memory tab and the SPD tab. On the SPD tab, you can select each Dimm Slot from a dropdown box in the top left of the screen. We only need the Dimm Slots that are populated with Ram.

I would like you to monitor your CPU and GPU temps constantly and tell me what they are , especially at that 30-45 minute period. I use my Graphics card utility (EVGA Precision X) to monitor GPU temps and Core Temp for CPU temps. There are other utilities, but I use those. If you need alternative utilities just let me know.
Update:
The check disk runs, it's just that it did not change anything. It did not fix the issue that I'm having.

Regarding your requested screenshots of the CPU-Z, here they are:
Gyazo - d317f4a53bbbbdc5be319bd5ee1e5bf6.png <-- CPU
Gyazo - a6c4bbff06c90a2917f5a9f452d697aa.png <-- Mainboard
Gyazo - e50a7a8c0c10470f25dace9038b7b6ad.png <-- Memory
Gyazo - 115d0fce0ad2e85fc600808c1e31990f.png <-- SPD
Regarding the SPD, all slots (1-4) did not display any information.

The temperature of my GPU is approximately 68 degrees celsius.
The temperature of my CPU is firstly approximately 36 degrees celsius. It then seems to increase to approximately 44 degrees celsius.

Regarding the system file checker, it ran perfectly and no integrity violations were found.

The memtest will be ran as soon as I have the time. I have alot of work to do as of now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2014   #36
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Unless you have been gaming or doing some heavy graphics intensive work, that them is entirely way too high for an idle temp for your GPU. It should be half of that, or a little less. I have a 780, which runs hotter and it idles around 29-30. Your problem may be not enough fresh air moving through the case.

Also, I may have asked this before, but what brand and model PSU do you have? Please tell me the wattage and the amps on the +12V rail. It will be on a sticker on the side of the PSU in case you don't know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2014   #37
Tice

64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
unless you have been gaming or doing some heavy graphics intensive work, that them is entirely way too high for an idle temp for your gpu. It should be half of that, or a little less. I have a 780, which runs hotter and it idles around 29-30. Your problem may be not enough fresh air moving through the case.

Also, i may have asked this before, but what brand and model psu do you have? Please tell me the wattage and the amps on the +12v rail. It will be on a sticker on the side of the psu in case you don't know.
Attachment 323868
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2014   #38
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

I'm suspect of your Power Supply brand. Lite on is not well known outside of DVD players. From what I can find the 560TI requires 30 Amps on the 12V rail. You have 2 12V rails with 16 and 18 Amps on each. Which barely covers the requirements, and also provides power to the CPU from the 12V rail. Being an unknown quality, I am suspect. As I calculate it, your 2 12V rails will put out 408 Watts, which is putting it fairly close. If it is a true 2 rail PSU, if either of the rails exceed their capability, even if the other rail has Watts left, the PSU will shut down. Some PSUs say they have 2 12V rails when they are both tied together into 1 rail. Either way will work as long as they put out the required amps and wattage. You have the bare minimum requirement of 500W if I read the label correct. So, you are leaving no room for error. I would feel more comfortable with a known quality brand such as Seasonic, Corsair, Antec or XFX on a single 12V rail. Those are all high quality PSUs and will put out what they say they will. Many lower end brands will not. A low quality power supply can go out and take your whole system with it. That is why I always recommend a qualitypower supply. It is the heart of your system and is the wrong place to try to save money. All of that being said, I am not saying that is your problem. But, I am saying that is a possibility.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #39
Tice

64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
I'm suspect of your Power Supply brand. Lite on is not well known outside of DVD players. From what I can find the 560TI requires 30 Amps on the 12V rail. You have 2 12V rails with 16 and 18 Amps on each. Which barely covers the requirements, and also provides power to the CPU from the 12V rail. Being an unknown quality, I am suspect. As I calculate it, your 2 12V rails will put out 408 Watts, which is putting it fairly close. If it is a true 2 rail PSU, if either of the rails exceed their capability, even if the other rail has Watts left, the PSU will shut down. Some PSUs say they have 2 12V rails when they are both tied together into 1 rail. Either way will work as long as they put out the required amps and wattage. You have the bare minimum requirement of 500W if I read the label correct. So, you are leaving no room for error. I would feel more comfortable with a known quality brand such as Seasonic, Corsair, Antec or XFX on a single 12V rail. Those are all high quality PSUs and will put out what they say they will. Many lower end brands will not. A low quality power supply can go out and take your whole system with it. That is why I always recommend a qualitypower supply. It is the heart of your system and is the wrong place to try to save money. All of that being said, I am not saying that is your problem. But, I am saying that is a possibility.
Interesting. Very interesting. I did not custom build this computer, so it came with all the bits and bobs that it has today. I haven't ran into this problem until now, 3 years after I purchased it. Could time have deteriated the PSU in such a way that it may cause these issues?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #40
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tice View Post
Could time have deteriated the PSU in such a way that it may cause these issues?
It certainly could.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD after using the computer for 30-45m.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD after I turn Computer NEW Computer on, or whilst sleeping
New computer keeps blue screening during or after my computer goes to sleep. Was told to upload this, and also it says part of the reason is in the Minidump folder or the Temp folder.
BSOD Help and Support
Computer suddenly froze, then a BSOD when restarting the computer.
As the title states my computer froze. It has frozen two times within 3 or 4 hours now, and on the last restart i had a BSOD straight after entering my password and logging into windows(Did not get the desktop). After another restart I've had no problems. Did a scan with Microsoft Security...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when starting computer in morning/bran new computer
Hi, iv decided to get some input to try and resolve this issue im having with my newly constructed PC. i will get straight to the point. i have just put together these new parts. Intel i5-3450 LGA1155 ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 8 gigs ballistix by crucial 2-4gb ddr3 1600 (pc3-12800) radeon...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while shutting down computer (1-week old new computer)
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz,...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD semi-randomly. Self built computer. (BSOD dump.zip included)
64 bit, full retail. Hardware is 1 month old (built myself) OS was installed when I built it from a USB drive (did not include an optical drive in the build) SPECS: i5 2500k ATI 7850 GPU corsair tx650 PSU ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard Corsair vengance 1600 ddr3 ram (2x4gb)...
BSOD Help and Support
Computer Freezes, then shutdown BSOD Computer NO signal
Hi I need help since my computer freezes randomly lately and BSOD with Locale Id: 13321 Yes, I said randomly, Now I'm lucky that my computer didn't freeze but if I shut this down and use it again later or tomorrow it may freeze then BSOD again. Problem Signature Problem Event name:...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App