Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: First BSOD stress test crash.

01 Jul 2014   #21
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

That's the same tool, it's not a Virus!

It's option one here,

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

You need to upload the info if you want help, since you said you reinstalled the info from your previous upload is useless now.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Jul 2014   #22
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MagicOfLight View Post
Antivirus blocked those viruses. I would appreciate not linking me to infected files.

If you're trying to link me to SF diagnostic tool i downloaded it from HLPTechs link already again. Is that what you want? Btw just ran the witcher for an hour and a half with no issues at all. It only happens in steam games
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
That's the same tool, it's not a Virus!

It's option one here,

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

You need to upload the info if you want help, since you said you reinstalled the info from your previous upload is useless now.
Just to enhance my statement, here's a Virus Total Scan,

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2...is/1404268585/

One little known AV is flagging it, and that is definitely a false positive.

If your AV is Avast as mentioned in your specs you can see it passed their scan as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #23
MagicOfLight

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Well i should probably move this help over to something other than BSOD help, cause my main problem isnt a BSOD now, I did have one BSOD when running Hot Cpu lite. But stress tests since have resulted in no errors. Should i try running the hot cpu again to see if i can recreate the BSOD? I have the tool downloaded, advise on the BSOD recreation and ill do that first so its in the info.

Its a different link than the tool I was linked, but whatever, different link somehow but i have the tool zip on my desktop so its not an issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Jul 2014   #24
MagicOfLight

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Also my antivirus blocked 95AC.tmp , and the SF diagnostic tool is in a zip from the first guys download and there is no files like that. Maybe you shouldnt use the link you gave me anymore so people arent worried about their computer anymore.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #25
MagicOfLight

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Ok i just took out one stick of ram at a time, even tried them in different slots to see if i had a slot going bad. Terraria crashes no matter what. The only BSOD I have gotten was while running Hot cpu lite, which test your motherboard as well as your cpu and stuff.

Im really thinking its my motherboard going bad, tell me if you want me to try to trigger another BSOD so i can use the Seven forums diagnostic tool to gather the info and send it to you. Most likely I will be ordering another motherboard tomorrow though. 3 years at 16 hours a day usage isnt too shabby i guess.

All the strange things that have been happening make me think its the motherboard. Not being able to reset the local area connection, last night it disconnected from the internet till i reset the adapter 2x for no reason. Put my monitor to sleep when prime95 was running and when i moved the mouse windows aero had turned itself back on. Strange happenings in the world of my pc.

Also i took off the side panel to have a look while it was running prime95 and the usb connector on the front that my usb drive was in started connecting and disconnecting, the connectors were not touched or moved at all. And the mic jack in the front doesnt work for a long time now. Probably this has been an issue for many months from when i first experienced a game crash back in like january. But terraria is the only game that crashes it consistently.

So new motherboard it is I guess. Let me know if you still want me to get that info for you guys, and thank you both for trying to help me out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #26
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MagicOfLight View Post
the SF diagnostic tool is in a zip from the first guys download and there is no files like that. Maybe you shouldnt use the link you gave me anymore so people arent worried about their computer anymore.
There is nothing wrong with the SF Diagnostic Tool, we'll continue to link it so people can provide the info we need to debug BSODs. Nobody else is worried about their computers when using it, only you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #27
MagicOfLight

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MagicOfLight View Post
the SF diagnostic tool is in a zip from the first guys download and there is no files like that. Maybe you shouldnt use the link you gave me anymore so people arent worried about their computer anymore.
There is nothing wrong with the SF Diagnostic Tool, we'll continue to link it so people can provide the info we need to debug BSODs. Nobody else is worried about their computers when using it, only you.
Im not saying there is something wrong with the tool, only the link that one guy provided, read before you speak next time. I have already used the tool before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #28
HarriePateman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MagicOfLight View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MagicOfLight View Post
the SF diagnostic tool is in a zip from the first guys download and there is no files like that. Maybe you shouldnt use the link you gave me anymore so people arent worried about their computer anymore.
There is nothing wrong with the SF Diagnostic Tool, we'll continue to link it so people can provide the info we need to debug BSODs. Nobody else is worried about their computers when using it, only you.
Im not saying there is something wrong with the tool, only the link that one guy provided, read before you speak next time. I have already used the tool before.
We are here trying to help you. Please avoid the attitude.

Theres really no need for it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #29
MagicOfLight

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Sorry, im just telling you guys that particular link caused a quarantine in my avast. The other link worked just fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2014   #30
MagicOfLight

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Still waiting for an answer though, do you guys want me to run the hot cpu stress test tonight and see if i can cause the BSOD again? Running that particular stress test is the only way i have gotten the BSOD.

Tried to download the dm log collector.exe again, more quarantines and different files this time too. I cant download that thing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 First BSOD stress test crash.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Stop Code 0x0124 - But Stress Test Passed?
I've been getting a BSOD on this machine pretty sporadically for about two years and trying to get to the bottom of it. It always seemed to be when I was working on Photoshop or some other resource intensive application, and fairly rarely. But today I got the BSOD three times. I'm thinking it...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while stress test and playing games
Ive tried updating all the drivers to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Some of the things ive done thus far are a reimage, ram test, tested video cards separately, and run a whole slew of stress test that blue screen and point to video or some other driver causing the video to...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD STOP 0x00000124, While gaming and stress test.
Hi guys, I am new to the forums and I hope that doesn't stop me from getting help from you guys. I have been on this BSOD case for 2 months now and today I have tried many things to stop it from happening. Specs: MoBo: Asus P8Z68v pro gen-3 Core: Intel i7 2600K (OC'd to 4.7ghz) RAM: 16gb...
BSOD Help and Support
Bsod during stress test 0xa
Basically this is a new system, however it does not come with a modem - the modem is required because they use dial-up. So my customer purchased one of his own, ever since the laptop has been experiancing a 0xA bsod. When the usb jack is not plugged in we still experiance the bsod. The jack is a...
BSOD Help and Support
Overclocking Stress Test BSOD?
Hi all, can someone help me "decode" this BSOD I got while stress testing under Orthos? Seems my CPU won't let me overclock to 3.2-3.4 even though people have got higher FSBs than I did. Hoping this BSOD will tell me whats the problem...thanks, sorry for the short post, I'll reply when someone...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD 124 only during gaming, not during stress test
A while ago my computer started freezing when I was playing games. What happens is that my monitor loses video feed and turns black, the sound starts stuttering, and I have to restart. This happens with games like Bad Company 2 and the Crysis 2 demo. With Crysis 2, it freezes within 10 mins of...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App