|03 Nov 2014||#1|
BSOD and TDRs constantly NOT in game (Event ID 14)
Thank you in advance for your time and help.
I am having constant TDR and BSOD issues while in desktop mode on my machine ever since I installed my new Graphic Cards (ZOTAC GTX770 4GB SLI). I upgraded from a Gainward GTX295. I had 2xGTX295 in SLI mode earlier (until 2-3 years ago) but one broke.
I am running NVIDIA Surround but the problem occurs in every SLI mode. The TDRs and BSODs does NOT occur when I am only using one card.
Most of the time the screen shows strange artifacts and flickers for about 5-6 seconds and then recovers in a TDR. Sometimes it does not recover and I get a BSOD or the monitors simply shut down. This is mostly the result if the TDR occures more often then 5 times per minute.
The problem only occurs when surfing the web or working on the computer, NOT in games.
There is no predictable pattern to it (not just when watching videos or so)
THINGS I HAVE DONE SO FAR + RESULTS:
- Updated all drivers / Result: NONE
- Updated BIOS (latest is from 2010) / Result: NONE
- Tried different NVIDIA Drivers / Result: Some older ones seem to work better (only TDR no BSOD) but in the end, NONE
- Ran Memory Test / Result: NONE
- Virus Scan / Result: NONE
- Uninstalled Firefox (at first I only used FF, thought it was FF) / Result: NONE
- Upgraded Chrome from 32bit to 64bit / Result: NONE
- Disabled Marvell RAID Controller in BIOS (Only ICH10 SATA now) / Result: NONE
- Disabled Ethernet LAN in BIOS (Using D-Link 100M/bits PCI-E card now) / Result: NONE
- Disabled RealTek Onboard Sound (Using SoundBlaster X-Fi PCI-E card now) / Result: NONE
- Tried different PCI-E slots for the two GTX770s / Results: NONE
- Tried overclocking Memory / Results: NONE
- New SSD Hardrives (had SATA HDD before) / Results: NONE
- Unistalled and Reinstalled NVIDIA Drivers using SafeMode + DDU / Results: None
- Installed JUST the NVIDIA Driver+Physics (no Shadowplay, GeForce Experince, etc.) / Results: NONE
- Disabled HD Audio on each GTX770 in the Device Manager and uninstalled NVIDIA HD Audio driver / Results: NONE
- Cleaned the interior of my PC / Results: NONE
- Checks Temperaturs: Everything within working parameters (GPU up to 70-75 Celsius under full load)
- Followed NVIDIAS Statement to TDRs to the word / Results: NONE
- Tried new PSU (Thermaltake 1200 Watt (Leftover from my GTX295 SLI) to Corsair 850 95+ PlatiMax) / Results: NONE
- Tampered with TDR setting in registry / Results: The screen freezes for a longer period before recovering
Maybe there is some problem with the 2D clocks on the GPU, or on the Mainboard Power Controller handeling 2D to 3D clocks on the mainboard, since the game runs smooth in games. Maybe there is a way to run the GPUs always at 3D clocks.
Maybe there is a problem in my relatively old Mainboard working together with my new GPUs
Please help me, I don't now what to do and I barly able to work.
In the time I needed to write this post I had 16 TDRs and 1 BSOD.
|My System Specs|
|04 Nov 2014||#2|
I reinstalled windows twice and everytime I have only a "fresh" Windows 7 installed and the latest NVIDIA driver the problem DOES NOT occure.
The problems start after I am updating windows.
I ruled out the following programs and updates, which I thought at one point, causing the trouble.
- Adobe Flash Player
- FireFox (still removed)
- IE11 (kept it at IE7 that came with Win 7)
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Service Pack 1 (Problems came anyway. I installed the SP in two different ways. Windows Update and manually)
Is there a Windows Update that is known to cause these types of issues?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
Reboot During a game (Event 41 Kernel Power)
So i have the error as in the title , i readed the "Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions " But there is no dump file generated , nothing , it just shuts down instantly . the only thing i have : - System - Provider Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power ...
Kernel-Power Event ID 41 BSOD playing game
Recently my laptop has crashed a couple of times while gaming. It first crashed around three weeks back when playing Dota 2 and today when playing Team Fortress 2. I checked my event viewer and the critical error from both occasions was Kernel Power Event ID 41. On the first crash, the screen...
|BSOD Help and Support|
Windows 7 Constantly Freezing - Lots of Errors in Event Viewer
My Acer Aspire 5253 running on Windows Home 64bit keeps freezing up every 10 seconds. It's been happening for three days. I found a lot of errors in the Event Viewer but I'm not sure what to do with them. They are listed below with a row of pound signs between errors in chronological order, with...
|Performance & Maintenance|
F1 2011 game crash event id 1000
hey guys yesterday night i was playing f1 2011 and then it suddenly froze. i had to press alt+f4 to close the game. looked at the event viewer and there was event id 1000. then i again started the game. it again froze after some time. the same error message. today i have been playing since...
Game crashing. Event Viewer says 'Service Control Manager'=ID7036
It started less then a month ago and I can't figure out what is causing the issue. I've looked over Event Viewer, but can't seem to get answers on specifics over the net. I then read about the crash and debug section here and figured I might be able to get a little, or more, understanding about the...
|BSOD Help and Support|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:37.