Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random BSOD no matter what im doing

10 Jan 2015   #1
Shocker

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Random BSOD no matter what im doing

Hello, im always getting a random BSOD error if im playing games, or even if my computer is just left running. I attached the minidump file that appears after it happens. Ive tried everything to fix it but i cant. Please help it would be greatly appreciated


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Jan 2015   #2
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Hello, Shocker and welcome to the Forums. You only have one dump file dated today. It lists

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800c2c6010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800705023c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.
Which is usually your Drivers or your video card. Please reinstall your video drivers using this method
NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Also please provide the CPU and GPU temps during gaming. If you need software to do that, please ask.

Also please provide complete system specs so we will know what hardware we are dealing with.
Please fill out your System Specs

information   Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2015   #3
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Shocker, please update your Razer drivers or uninstall them. You are getting a whole lot of errors from them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jan 2015   #4
Shocker

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Hello, Shocker and welcome to the Forums. You only have one dump file dated today. It lists

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800c2c6010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800705023c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.
Which is usually your Drivers or your video card. Please reinstall your video drivers using this method
NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Also please provide the CPU and GPU temps during gaming. If you need software to do that, please ask.

Also please provide complete system specs so we will know what hardware we are dealing with.
Please fill out your System Specs

information   Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs
Updated system specs and i need the software to check system temps, also i updated,reinstalling my razer drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2015   #5
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Download Precision X from EVGA (you have to register first) and I use Core Temp for my CPU Core Temp. As usual be careful of the add ons they try to slip in on you, just uncheck them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2015   #6
Shocker

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Download Precision X from EVGA (you have to register first) and I use Core Temp for my CPU Core Temp. As usual be careful of the add ons they try to slip in on you, just uncheck them.
While starting up a game my computer blue screened and crashed, it will not start back up, I'll get back to you after I clear the cmos
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2015   #7
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Uh OH! that does not sound fun. it won't post or won't boot?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2015   #8
Shocker

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Uh OH! that does not sound fun. it won't post or won't boot?
The light on power button turns on along with the fan in the psu, but everything else remains off
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2015   #9
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Check the 24 pin cable and the 4/8 pin CPU plug. Make sure they are plugged in completely. If that doesn't work, unplug the PSU for a while, then plug it back in. Check all the wiring. No LED lights on the board come on?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2015   #10
Shocker

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Check the 24 pin cable and the 4/8 pin CPU plug. Make sure they are plugged in completely. If that doesn't work, unplug the PSU for a while, then plug it back in. Check all the wiring. No LED lights on the board come on?
No they don't come on
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random BSOD no matter what im doing




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD random, does not matter what i am doing, error 0x0000010D
Any help would be appreciated.
BSOD Help and Support
Daily BSOD no matter what is running
I quit using this PC about a year ago because everytime I turned it on it would end in BSOD. This happens whether any user applications are running or not. I'd really like to get it fixed because I miss this PC! I have run memory and disk checks with no obvious problems identified. ...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD 0x0000009f (I think) no matter what I am doing and randomly
Greetings, I am not very good with computers but I wanted to see what can be done about this problem I am experiencing. Very randomly I get the BSOD with the "Driver Power State Failure" title. I see it is common and solvable but my experience is up to only the level of putting my own comp...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD error no matter what BCCode 1e
I keep getting a BSOD error and cannot for the life of me figure out what it is. I ran a memtest x86 diagnostic on the memory for over 12 hours and each loop passed. I have updated my vid card drivers to the most current. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached the SF diagnostic...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BsoD no matter what I do.
Later on today I will post my dump files if my computer still has it, but my laptop will get random BsoDs. Arc could you please watch this thread, or someone who is good at reading the dump files to isolate the BsoD. I am planning on giving this laptop to my mother in a few weeks, and would...
BSOD Help and Support
Bsod no matter what i do!!!
Hello All, I am on the brink of a neverous break down and I am in dyer need of help. This is my second posting on seven forums about a random BSOD issue I been having for months. I have tired everything I can think about to resolve this issue but nothing works. I have done a dozen fresh installs...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:45.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App