Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD every few days on wake up. Help translate dmp files.

08 Feb 2015   #41
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

If you go for a clean reinstall, follow the guide: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

It lists everything that you need including the sources. Plus, it will give you a perfect reinstall which is supposed to maximize windows native performance.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Feb 2015   #42
Pcfreak123

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
If you go for a clean reinstall, follow the guide: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

It lists everything that you need including the sources. Plus, it will give you a perfect reinstall which is supposed to maximize windows native performance.
Archie,

Is this even better then the windows 7 ultimate OEM disc i bought? Or is that not as clean as the tutorial?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2015   #43
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

This is a bought OEM disc and not a factory installed OEM? Nice then. Use that one that you have.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Feb 2015   #44
Pcfreak123

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
This is a bought OEM disc and not a factory installed OEM? Nice then. Use that one that you have.

I suppose I will just be reinstalling then. I just installed this fresh copy in December....do you think something went wrong during installation and that is what is causing this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2015   #45
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

The installation of the OS itself is not very important; but the installation of the drivers is critical. You only need to install the drivers that you need, like audio, display, chipset, network, and other special drivers for special hardware, if any. But if you install the entire driver CD in a single go, you will get some unwanted things which are not only unwanted but also problematic. You need to be careful at this stage.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2015   #46
Pcfreak123

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
The installation of the OS itself is not very important; but the installation of the drivers is critical. You only need to install the drivers that you need, like audio, display, chipset, network, and other special drivers for special hardware, if any. But if you install the entire driver CD in a single go, you will get some unwanted things which are not only unwanted but also problematic. You need to be careful at this stage.

I do recall actually installing several things at once (not everything though) off my gigabyte CD.....are you recommending that I must install audio then restart, then chipset then restart and so on? So one by one?

Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2015   #47
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Forget the CD. Go to GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) .... take the following ....
  • Realtek HD Audio Driver
  • BigFoot LAN driver
  • Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, if you use Intel RAID or AHCI
  • Intel USB 3.0 Driver
  • Intel VGA Driver, if you use the onboard graphics at all.
Save thous to a usb stick. Install them after installing windows. Accept all the offered restarts.

All will go well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2015   #48
Pcfreak123

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Forget the CD. Go to GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) .... take the following ....
  • Realtek HD Audio Driver
  • BigFoot LAN driver
  • Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, if you use Intel RAID or AHCI
  • Intel USB 3.0 Driver
  • Intel VGA Driver, if you use the onboard graphics at all.
Save thous to a usb stick. Install them after installing windows. Accept all the offered restarts.

All will go well.
Okay I will do it exactly as you. How about windows update? Should I let that run or never let it or whats the suggestion here?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2015   #49
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Always keep Windows updated....unless you like BSOD's.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2015   #50
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Ditto. Not only BSODs but also security loopholes will be there if windows is not up-to-date.

Personally I take the updates once in a week (my network speed is a poor one), but it is always better to take the updates at a particular time of the day. You can set the time as you want.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD every few days on wake up. Help translate dmp files.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Move files older than 365 days
I have a set of files I would like to archive and thing older than 1 year or 365 days. I have been trying to to use the xcopy or move commands but have not been able to to get this to work. Anyone have any thoughts on how to do this in a batch file? Thanks.
General Discussion
Please Help Me. Translate Indonesian Language
About Terms and Condition http://m.portal.paseban.com/?mod=con...-and-condition Someone Please Translate to English for Me ? .. I Need Sound Files In That Website to My Work And I Need to Credit This Sound In My Work But I Don't Know Author Website. Can Anyone Help Me ?...
Chillout Room
Translate above message
Google Translate
Chillout Room
Google Translate Beatbox
Open Google Translate,select from German to German and copy this text Then click Listen button. It's very interesting. :D
Chillout Room
Google Translate for Animals
Making the world's information universally accessible is a key goal for Google. Language is one of our biggest challenges so we have targeted our efforts on removing language barriers between the species. We are excited to introduce Translate for Animals, an Android application which we hope...
Chillout Room
can anybody translate russian for me?
i have this image i can't use google translate because i can't copy the text. could anyone be kind enough to translate this words from russian to english? thanks. http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/2686/20100105004643.png
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App