Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD when I wake pc from sleep mode

19 Feb 2015   #1
Nelson35

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
BSOD when I wake pc from sleep mode

I've been getting this bsod when I wake pc out of sleep mode mostly. It seems to have something to do with my graphics card. I've installed the latest drivers for it and it stops for awhile, but then it comes back. I've ran a stress test on it ( 3 or 4 passes) and it didn't find anything wrong. I need some clues as to what to do next please. I've include the dump files.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Feb 2015   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800609865a, fffff880037bd818, fffff880037bd070}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vidsflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vidsflt.sys
Probably caused by : AtihdW76.sys ( AtihdW76+165a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Please uninstall Acronis, at least as a test.

Also Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
  1. Click on the Start button
  2. Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
  3. Select the “Startup” tab.
  4. Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
  5. Apply > OK
  6. Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Feb 2015   #3
Nelson35

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Nice avatar by the way.
Oh yeah, I was getting the bsod before I installed acronis. I just installed that last night because I was reading that it was better than wd smartware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Feb 2015   #4
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Thanks, I like that avatar a lot.

If it BSODs after installing acronis, then it will be free from some noise which will in turn be more clear to analysis.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Feb 2015   #5
Nelson35

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800609865a, fffff880037bd818, fffff880037bd070}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vidsflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vidsflt.sys
Probably caused by : AtihdW76.sys ( AtihdW76+165a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Please uninstall Acronis, at least as a test.

Also Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
  1. Click on the Start button
  2. Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
  3. Select the “Startup” tab.
  4. Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
  5. Apply > OK
  6. Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

I did that and put it to sleep twice and without getting a bsod, but it's done that before so.. The guys who built my pc thinks it has something to do with the graphics card seeing as AtihdW76.sys keeps coming up in the dump files. They told me to reinstall the graphics drivers which seemed to fix it for a little while but it came back. Maybe I should have uninstalled the drivers before reinstalling them?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Feb 2015   #6
Randycool79

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows xp Media center edition x64(Dual boot)/Windows10,Windows7,Ubuntu(64)
 
 

Well this has happened to me. all you need to do is get the newest bios version for your computer. This happened on my windows vista pc and when I upgraded the bios version, I didn't get any BSOD! I hope it works!

Randycool79
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2015   #7
Nelson35

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Randycool79 View Post
Well this has happened to me. all you need to do is get the newest bios version for your computer. This happened on my windows vista pc and when I upgraded the bios version, I didn't get any BSOD! I hope it works!

Randycool79
Thanks Randycool79, I'll look into doing that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2015   #8
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nelson35 View Post
I did that and put it to sleep twice and without getting a bsod, but it's done that before so.. The guys who built my pc thinks it has something to do with the graphics card seeing as AtihdW76.sys keeps coming up in the dump files. They told me to reinstall the graphics drivers which seemed to fix it for a little while but it came back. Maybe I should have uninstalled the drivers before reinstalling them?
Audio drivers are very rare seen to cause BSODs. So I am overlooking it for the time being. If it runs fine after uninstalling Acronis, then everything is ok. If it BSODs again, let us see it. If the audio driver is still shown there, then we will take the precautionary steps.

Also, Randycool79 pointed to BIOS updates, which is always good. But please be aware that the BIOS updating process is risky. If you dont have any prior experience with it, take the help of any technician to do it for you.

But, if it runs wall after uninstalling acronis (the prime suspect), stop troubleshooting here. If the issue recurs, start troubleshooting again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2015   #9
Nelson35

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nelson35 View Post
I did that and put it to sleep twice and without getting a bsod, but it's done that before so.. The guys who built my pc thinks it has something to do with the graphics card seeing as AtihdW76.sys keeps coming up in the dump files. They told me to reinstall the graphics drivers which seemed to fix it for a little while but it came back. Maybe I should have uninstalled the drivers before reinstalling them?
Audio drivers are very rare seen to cause BSODs. So I am overlooking it for the time being. If it runs fine after uninstalling Acronis, then everything is ok. If it BSODs again, let us see it. If the audio driver is still shown there, then we will take the precautionary steps.

Also, Randycool79 pointed to BIOS updates, which is always good. But please be aware that the BIOS updating process is risky. If you dont have any prior experience with it, take the help of any technician to do it for you.

But, if it runs wall after uninstalling acronis (the prime suspect), stop troubleshooting here. If the issue recurs, start troubleshooting again.
I uninstalled the acronis software although I was getting the bsod before installing that program. I have some dump file info I got from a program called bluescreen review I'll post them as well just in case.

I have another tread open that I would like you or someone else to take a look at if you don't mind. I'll add a link to it.I got device error 0x8007045D on new drive
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Feb 2015   #10
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

If it is the same computer, you should not have made a separate thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD when I wake pc from sleep mode




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Laptop extremely slow to wake up from sleep mode, 5+ minutes to wake
Hi, I am new here. Hoping someone can help me out with this issue. I work in IT so am not a complete computer bonehead and am at my wits end with this. My laptop is about 4 years old, it's a toshiba. For whatever reason, it started taking 5+ minutes to wake up from sleeping. If it sleeps...
Performance & Maintenance
BSOD guaranteed on Wake from Sleep Mode - refurbished HP desktop
Hello and thanks for all of the great information I found here. In a nutshell, I get a BSOD, every time the CPU wakes up from sleep mode. After reading many of the posts here, I thought maybe I could trouble shoot this myself. Ran a memory check and a DSKCHK, updated the BIOS, updated lots...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD mostly on wake from sleep mode
Hey guys, my BSOD happens usually about 2 - 5 mins after i wake my computer from sleep mode. Usually happens while im using google chrome. I have updated my graphics drivers (i usually keep them up to date) and that has not fixed the problem. The BSOD tells me that a display driver has failed or is...
BSOD Help and Support
Can't Wake From Sleep Mode
System goes into Sleep Mode, but when I try to wake, it freezes with Black Screen, so I have to restart system, and when I do, it gives me a "Resuming Windows" screen and takes me back to where the I was when Sleep Mode entered. By process of elimination, I know the problem is being caused...
Hardware & Devices
Won't wake from sleep mode
Hello all, I really hope someone can help me out. I am not savvy in this kind of stuff. My husband has a home built computer that runs our tv system with windows media center. He had to leave on a military deployment and right before he left he had to reinstall the OS. Since then the...
General Discussion
BSOD on sleep mode wake-up
New to this forum posted my specs while registering so I assume whoever wants to help me can access my profile and view them, I recently built my PC without to much problem, only little bug I have is the sata3 HDD connected with a 6gbs transfer sata cable in a sata3 port is only a 3gbs transfer...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:05.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App