Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD when GPU driver is loaded/detected 0x116 and 9F

25 Apr 2015   #21
Azseral

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Thank you very much


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Apr 2015   #22
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800aa20a10, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa800a435760}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa800aa20a10, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c3d8, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800a435760, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------


DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE:  3

IMAGE_NAME:  pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4ce7928f

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000e00000 pci

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre

DPC_STACK_BASE:  FFFFF80000BA2FB0

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff800`00b9c388 fffff800`02d509c2 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0aa20a10 fffff800`00b9c3d8 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c390 fffff800`02cef652 : fffff800`00b9c4c0 fffff800`00b9c4c0 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x34a90
fffff800`00b9c430 fffff800`02cef4f6 : fffff880`00fc32b0 00000000`00009dd8 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09e7e200 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66
fffff800`00b9c4a0 fffff800`02cef3de : 00000001`77bcea06 fffff800`00b9cb18 00000000`00009dd8 fffff800`02e5ad88 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`00b9caf0 fffff800`02cef1c7 : 00000000`54469cc2 00000000`00009dd8 00000000`54469c94 00000000`000000d8 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`00b9cb90 fffff800`02cdba2a : fffff800`02e56e80 fffff800`02e64cc0 00000000`00000001 fffff880`00000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277
fffff800`00b9cc40 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`00b9d000 fffff800`00b97000 fffff800`00b9cc00 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

IMAGE_VERSION:  6.1.7601.17514

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_ACPI_IMAGE_pci.sys

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_ACPI_IMAGE_pci.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE:  KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:  km:x64_0x9f_3_acpi_image_pci.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {f949ba98-ee69-8040-f9fe-7209de5e5499}

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !devobj fffffa800aa20a10
Device object (fffffa800aa20a10) is for:
 Cannot read info offset from nt!ObpInfoMaskToOffset
 \Driver\pci DriverObject fffffa80099f7370
Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000023 Flags 00001040
DevExt fffffa800aa20b60 DevObjExt fffffa800aa20f88 DevNode fffffa800aa1aad0 
ExtensionFlags (0000000000)  
Characteristics (0x00000100)  FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN
AttachedDevice (Upper) fffffa80099deb90 \Driver\ACPI
Device queue is not busy.
Can you please uninstall any motherboard application software if any is installed - not drivers, just the applications.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2015   #23
Azseral

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800aa20a10, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa800a435760}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa800aa20a10, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c3d8, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800a435760, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------


DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE:  3

IMAGE_NAME:  pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4ce7928f

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000e00000 pci

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre

DPC_STACK_BASE:  FFFFF80000BA2FB0

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff800`00b9c388 fffff800`02d509c2 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0aa20a10 fffff800`00b9c3d8 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c390 fffff800`02cef652 : fffff800`00b9c4c0 fffff800`00b9c4c0 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x34a90
fffff800`00b9c430 fffff800`02cef4f6 : fffff880`00fc32b0 00000000`00009dd8 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09e7e200 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66
fffff800`00b9c4a0 fffff800`02cef3de : 00000001`77bcea06 fffff800`00b9cb18 00000000`00009dd8 fffff800`02e5ad88 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`00b9caf0 fffff800`02cef1c7 : 00000000`54469cc2 00000000`00009dd8 00000000`54469c94 00000000`000000d8 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`00b9cb90 fffff800`02cdba2a : fffff800`02e56e80 fffff800`02e64cc0 00000000`00000001 fffff880`00000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277
fffff800`00b9cc40 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`00b9d000 fffff800`00b97000 fffff800`00b9cc00 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

IMAGE_VERSION:  6.1.7601.17514

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_ACPI_IMAGE_pci.sys

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_ACPI_IMAGE_pci.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE:  KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:  km:x64_0x9f_3_acpi_image_pci.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {f949ba98-ee69-8040-f9fe-7209de5e5499}

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !devobj fffffa800aa20a10
Device object (fffffa800aa20a10) is for:
 Cannot read info offset from nt!ObpInfoMaskToOffset
 \Driver\pci DriverObject fffffa80099f7370
Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000023 Flags 00001040
DevExt fffffa800aa20b60 DevObjExt fffffa800aa20f88 DevNode fffffa800aa1aad0 
ExtensionFlags (0000000000)  
Characteristics (0x00000100)  FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN
AttachedDevice (Upper) fffffa80099deb90 \Driver\ACPI
Device queue is not busy.
Can you please uninstall any motherboard application software if any is installed - not drivers, just the applications.
Hello Golden, thank you for taking a look.
When i open my Programs and Features, i can't find any app that links to motherboard.
Here is the full list:

-Dota 2
-Google Chrome
-Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless for Bluetooth(R) 3.0 + High Speed
-Intel HD Graphics
-Intel Management Engine Components
-Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package
-Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver
-Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
-MusicBee 2.4
-NVIDIA Graphics Driver 350.12
-NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.15.0323
-Realtek High Definitio Audio Driver
-Realtek PCIE Card Reader
-Steam
-SUPER CHARGER
-Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

And, i thought that windows was fully updated, but it wasn't, after i try a few times because of errors and BSODs, i finally got him fully updated, there is only one Optional Application that i did not install that is
Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.

There was a moment that my notebook was running "stable" without the bsod, but when i started Dota 2 for a test, the 0x116 Bsod appeared.

Here is another CM log, after all the updates, and after a few new BSODs, just in case that it may be helpfull.

At this exact moment, my GPU is listed as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter".

PS: I don't know if i told you that, but BSODs only appears when Windows recognizes the GPU.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 May 2015   #24
Azseral

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Hello Golden, I still can't find a solution. do you have any idea?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2015   #25
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\MSI\SUPER CHARGER	Public:Start Menu\Programs\MSI\SUPER CHARGER	Public
Uninstall that.

Install the latest Intel video driver from the Intel site please. Leave it installed, even if you get a 9x116, and upload the new .dmp file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2015   #26
Azseral

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\MSI\SUPER CHARGERPublic:Start Menu\Programs\MSI\SUPER CHARGERPublic
Uninstall that.

Install the latest Intel video driver from the Intel site please. Leave it installed, even if you get a 9x116, and upload the new .dmp file.
Thank you. I will do it as soon as I get home and post here the results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2015   #27
Azseral

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\MSI\SUPER CHARGER	Public:Start Menu\Programs\MSI\SUPER CHARGER	Public
Uninstall that.

Install the latest Intel video driver from the Intel site please. Leave it installed, even if you get a 9x116, and upload the new .dmp file.
Hey Golden, i did it.
Windows don't start when GPU (nvidia) is Detected and the driver (ndivia) is working and being loaded. So i had to uninstall it (nvidia driver) in safe mode and then install again the nvidia driver, then windows started normally but after i try to open nvidia pannel, the BSOD 9F showed up and then i'm here with the logs.
And i uninstalled supercharger.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 May 2015   #28
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Hi Azseral.

Go to control panel > Power options, take a screenshot of the power options window and let us see it.

Also, if you have to let either of the graphics options go, which one you will let go, the Intel HD graphics or the Nvidia graphics? Asking it, because there is no other feasible solution of this issue. But the final decision will depend on a lot of other things which we will check gradually.
__________________________________________
Code:
 \Driver\ACPI DriverObject fffffa80099c1060
Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000032 Flags 00000000
DevExt fffffa800a3f0a90 DevObjExt fffffa80099e0190 
ExtensionFlags (0x00000800)  DOE_DEFAULT_SD_PRESENT
Characteristics (0x00000100)  FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN
AttachedDevice (Upper) fffffa800b3fd480Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 May 2015   #29
Azseral

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hi Azseral.

Go to control panel > Power options, take a screenshot of the power options window and let us see it.

Also, if you have to let either of the graphics options go, which one you will let go, the Intel HD graphics or the Nvidia graphics? Asking it, because there is no other feasible solution of this issue. But the final decision will depend on a lot of other things which we will check gradually.
__________________________________________
Code:
 \Driver\ACPI DriverObject fffffa80099c1060
Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000032 Flags 00000000
DevExt fffffa800a3f0a90 DevObjExt fffffa80099e0190 
ExtensionFlags (0x00000800)  DOE_DEFAULT_SD_PRESENT
Characteristics (0x00000100)  FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN
AttachedDevice (Upper) fffffa800b3fd480Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Hello Arc, thank you for the response.
Between Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA, i rather have nvidia, because i want to play demanding games like GTA V, Dota 2, Skyrim, etc. The purpose of this notebook was entirely of gaming, so if i have to choose between those two GPUs, i would choose Nvidia.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 May 2015   #30
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Now let me explain the situation, and why disabling either graphics is needed.

Your computer has switchable graphics, it switches between the Intel HD graphics and Nvidia graphics. When and how the graphics will be switched is determined by a program integrated in your computer's BIOS, called Nvidia Optimus Technology. And this switching is the root of the issue.

To stop the switching and to use either of the graphics as a permanent one, you need to disable Nvidia optimus technology. How to do it ... you will get it in this post: BSOD after startup, error 0x0000009f

Read carefully, proceed slowly, step by step. Hope you will be able to arrive at your desired goal.

Let us know how it goes. Best of luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD when GPU driver is loaded/detected 0x116 and 9F




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD playing games error 0x116, nvlddmkm.sys (display driver timeout)
Have been having this problem for a while now. From reading the forums I figured it must've been a faulty VGA. Tech support has replaced it for a brand new and have also given me a new PSU/Power Brick. Whenever I tried to do anything that was VGA-demanding, it would blue screen on me, even after...
BSOD Help and Support
Re-install Windows 7, Drivers Loaded, No Network Adapters Detected
Hi, I've got a Dell Inspiron M5040 with Windows 7. It had the annoying cursor jumping all over the place issue. I tried to load Windows XP x64, but no, go. So, back to Windows 7, but this time, Ultimate. It's loaded, but no network adapters detected. I've loaded all the network drivers...
Drivers
Bsod driver verifier detected violation
Hi i recently installed a new graphics card aswell as ram, and i have been recieving different bsod at random. really need help this. i changed my ram to the old one still got bsod . Specs = OS - Windows 7 home ram- 6gb hdd- 2tb antivirus-avast image of bluescreen viwer with different...
BSOD Help and Support
Driver not loaded - BluRay driver BC5600-S
Hi, Recently, not sure exactly when but my Blu-Ray drive meant missing from Windows. At the same a drive letter for a software based drive went missing too. There is no hardware for this second drive. The driver allows me to mount ISO images easily in Explorer. I spotted in the hardware...
Drivers
EIO Driver Cannot Be Loaded!
Usually happening when I am syncing the external drives. http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8707/seven1.jpg http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/6559/seven2.jpg http://img820.imageshack.us/i/seven1.jpg/
BSOD Help and Support
No Driver Files Are Loaded For This Device...
Hey there - Just a quick question regarding Device Manager. I was updating some drivers and was checking through System Devices and noticed that when I checked the properties on some of the devices ( Intel ICH9 Family SMBus Controller 2930 for example ) it says that there are no driver...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App