Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD When Running OBS

10 Jun 2015   #1
andrewb1294

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
BSOD When Running OBS

Hi I'm new to the forums and could really use some help. Now I'm not too familiar with how this sort of thing works and what not but I would definitely not say that I am new to using a computer nor to doing research. I have been having this issue for a few months now and sometimes it can be quite random and other times it can happen a few times within a short period of time. I have spent countless hours researching and trying to diagnose the problem and have still fallen short figuring it out Now I've done everything from testing hard drives, running memtest, spent countless hours running prime95, to running furmark for my gpu and still nothing. And even so i would love to learn how to actually diagnose this issue and not have to rely upon help in the future that being said if you could also post a link or tell me how you actually read the dump files posted that would be awesome Thankyou very much for taking your time to help me out


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Jun 2015   #2
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hi andrewb1294,

I've analysed your minidumps and the cause of the problem is: hal.dll

Follow These Instructions:
  1. Boot from Windows 7 installation disc
  2. Go to 'Repair Computer'
  3. Open the command prompt
  4. Type in: bootsect /nt60 sys
  5. Hit Enter
  6. Restart your computer after it has finished
Hopefully this should fix the BSOD.


MistUnleashed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #3
andrewb1294

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Hi andrewb1294,

I've analysed your minidumps and the cause of the problem is: hal.dll

Follow These Instructions:
  1. Boot from Windows 7 installation disc
  2. Go to 'Repair Computer'
  3. Open the command prompt
  4. Type in: bootsect /nt60 sys
  5. Hit Enter
  6. Restart your computer after it has finished
Hopefully this should fix the BSOD.


MistUnleashed
sadly I do not have access to the installation cd anymore. Are there any other ways to fix that certain error?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jun 2015   #4
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrewb1294 View Post
sadly I do not have access to the installation cd anymore. Are there any other ways to fix that certain error?
Yes!

Got to: Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore and on the left-hand side there is a button that says 'Create a system repair disc' - follow the instructions and burn the disc then boot from it and follow the instructions from my previous post.

MistUnleashed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #5
andrewb1294

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrewb1294 View Post
sadly I do not have access to the installation cd anymore. Are there any other ways to fix that certain error?
Yes!

Got to: Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore and on the left-hand side there is a button that says 'Create a system repair disc' - follow the instructions and burn the disc then boot from it and follow the instructions from my previous post.

MistUnleashed
So what if I told you I didn't have a disc drive :
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #6
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrewb1294 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrewb1294 View Post
sadly I do not have access to the installation cd anymore. Are there any other ways to fix that certain error?
Yes!

Got to: Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore and on the left-hand side there is a button that says 'Create a system repair disc' - follow the instructions and burn the disc then boot from it and follow the instructions from my previous post.

MistUnleashed
So what if I told you I didn't have a disc drive :
What if I told you that you could make a Bootable USB Stick?

Follow the instruction here: Create a USB Memory Stick with System Recovery Tools in Windows 7

Be very careful doing this, remember to COPY the files across DONT MOVE THEM otherwise you'll have a whole heap of problems!

Let me know what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #7
andrewb1294

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrewb1294 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post

Yes!

Got to: Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore and on the left-hand side there is a button that says 'Create a system repair disc' - follow the instructions and burn the disc then boot from it and follow the instructions from my previous post.

MistUnleashed
So what if I told you I didn't have a disc drive :
What if I told you that you could make a Bootable USB Stick?

Follow the instruction here: Create a USB Memory Stick with System Recovery Tools in Windows 7

Be very careful doing this, remember to COPY the files across DONT MOVE THEM otherwise you'll have a whole heap of problems!

Let me know what happens.
Alright so where I'm supposed to be copying the folders over, I cannot seem to find the recovery folder and I do have show hidden files and folders ticked. Any suggestions?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #8
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrewb1294 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post

What if I told you that you could make a Bootable USB Stick?

Follow the instruction here: Create a USB Memory Stick with System Recovery Tools in Windows 7

Be very careful doing this, remember to COPY the files across DONT MOVE THEM otherwise you'll have a whole heap of problems!

Let me know what happens.
Alright so where I'm supposed to be copying the folders over, I cannot seem to find the recovery folder and I do have show hidden files and folders ticked. Any suggestions?
Under ' Show hidden files and folders' there is a check box 3 boxes down that says: 'Hide protected operating system files' - check this box also and then try again, it should show up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #9
andrewb1294

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrewb1294 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post

What if I told you that you could make a Bootable USB Stick?

Follow the instruction here: Create a USB Memory Stick with System Recovery Tools in Windows 7

Be very careful doing this, remember to COPY the files across DONT MOVE THEM otherwise you'll have a whole heap of problems!

Let me know what happens.
Alright so where I'm supposed to be copying the folders over, I cannot seem to find the recovery folder and I do have show hidden files and folders ticked. Any suggestions?
Under ' Show hidden files and folders' there is a check box 3 boxes down that says: 'Hide protected operating system files' - check this box also and then try again, it should show up.
Okay, I managed to find it and get everything copied over and ran the recovery Thankyou very much for all the help and hopefully there aren't any more issues But if there are you'll be the first to know :P Again thankyou for the help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2015   #10
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Did you run the cmd from the recovery as per my previous instructions and executed the bootsect fix?

Glad to know its working!

If this has solved your problem then please mark the thread as 'solved' - you can do this from the top of your original post.


Thanks,

MistUnleashed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD When Running OBS




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Update not running. Error Code 0xc8000247 when running SURT
Please help me out - I replaced my defective HDD with a new Samsung Spinpoint HDD, re-installed my Windows 7 image using the recovery DVDs, and can't update windows at all after that. I tried following the steps from Windows Update Posting Instructions - System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and...
Windows Updates & Activation
Running dual Boot w/ Vista and Win 7, question on running programs
Greetings, New to the forum! I recently installed Win 7 on a second Hard drive. Is it possible to run the programs I had installed on the Vista Hard drive? Both are HD's are still installed. Thanks, Brad
General Discussion
BSOD running when running intel driver update utility and more apps
hello sorry if my post isnt great im a newbie here but for some time now ive been getting BSODs and finally figured out how to debug it with WinDbg (x86) and set the symbols for windows but i cant read the text. ive tried reinstalling my GPU and Java but no luck. when i try to run intel driver...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Running SWTOR Launcher, followed BSOD Posting instructions
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64 - the original installed OS on the system? Windows 7 x64 - an OEM or full retail version? Full retail - What is the age of system (hardware)? April 2012 - What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) May 2012 I have BSOD only a couple of...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while running firefox. Computer has been running terrible.
I was not able to get perfmon /report to work, so I only have the BSOD report.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while running IE9 (flash plugin running)
Was running IE9, a flash game is playing, first IE9 crashes, then BSOD. Dell XPS 8100 Win 7 HP OEM 8GB RAM EVGA GeForce GT240 Intel X-25M80 C: + two SATA HDDs as D: and E: Info as per attached file. I suspect the flash plugin crashing the video driver. Thanks in advance SS
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App