Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random bsod's while watching netflix/youtube/Browsing normally

11 Jun 2015   #1
Yeehu

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 
Random bsod's while watching netflix/youtube/Browsing normally

Hello! I get bsod randomly while watching videos and browsing, sometimes when i try to start a game.
The blues screen says something like this : Attemp to reset display driver and recover from timeout failed

What i have checked/tried

-Gpu temps idle 25-28 C And under load about 30-50C
-Gpu voltage 0.90V Minimum / 1.20V Max

Deleted Catalyst Control thing and installed drivers manually

Deleted a windows patch that i heard could cause problems with Catalyst control center (KB2670838)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Jun 2015   #2
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Yeehu View Post
Hello! I get bsod randomly while watching videos and browsing, sometimes when i try to start a game.
The blues screen says something like this : Attemp to reset display driver and recover from timeout failed

What i have checked/tried

-Gpu temps idle 25-28 C And under load about 30-50C
-Gpu voltage 0.90V Minimum / 1.20V Max

Deleted Catalyst Control thing and installed drivers manually

Deleted a windows patch that i heard could cause problems with Catalyst control center (KB2670838)
Hi Yeehu,

Welcome to the Seven Forums! We will try help the best we can!


Thanks for uploading your system information zip file. I've analysed your minidumps and the problem is with you ATI Radeon Driver.


Please follow the steps below exactly as narrated:

  1. Run the Guru3D Display Drivers Removal Tool: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.3.0.0
  2. Download CCleaner here and run both the Cleaner and the Registry Cleaner to remove left-over keys.
  3. Go into C:\Program Files & C:\Program Files (x86) & C:\ProgramData and delete any leftover ATI files.
  4. Disable automatic driver installation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
  5. Restart Computer.
  6. After restart go to: Download Drivers and install the latest ATI Package (Including the Catalyst & Crossfire Drivers - Install it all).
  7. Re-enable the automatic driver installation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
  8. Run CCleaner again (as instructed in Step 2).
  9. Restart Computer.

Let me know how you get on.

MistUnleashed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2015   #3
Yeehu

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

It did it again when i downloaded the drivers :/ ill try the process again later.
It also says something about atikmpag.sys in the bsod

*Edit I'll try downloading Amd Catalyst 13.9 Drivers and see if that works. Before i have deleted the old ones of course
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jun 2015   #4
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Yeehu View Post
It did it again when i downloaded the drivers :/ ill try the process again later.
It also says something about atikmpag.sys in the bsod

*Edit I'll try downloading Amd Catalyst 13.9 Drivers and see if that works. Before i have deleted the old ones of course
^ atikmpag.sys is your ATI Graphics Driver, this is what I believe to be corrupted.

Please follow the instructions from my first post and let me know what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2015   #5
Yeehu

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Yeehu View Post
Hello! I get bsod randomly while watching videos and browsing, sometimes when i try to start a game.
The blues screen says something like this : Attemp to reset display driver and recover from timeout failed

What i have checked/tried

-Gpu temps idle 25-28 C And under load about 30-50C
-Gpu voltage 0.90V Minimum / 1.20V Max

Deleted Catalyst Control thing and installed drivers manually

Deleted a windows patch that i heard could cause problems with Catalyst control center (KB2670838)
Hi Yeehu,

Welcome to the Seven Forums! We will try help the best we can!


Thanks for uploading your system information zip file. I've analysed your minidumps and the problem is with you ATI Radeon Driver.


Please follow the steps below exactly as narrated:

  1. Run the Guru3D Display Drivers Removal Tool: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.3.0.0
  2. Download CCleaner here and run both the Cleaner and the Registry Cleaner to remove left-over keys.
  3. Go into C:\Program Files & C:\Program Files (x86) & C:\ProgramData and delete any leftover ATI files.
  4. Disable automatic driver installation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
  5. Restart Computer.
  6. After restart go to: Download Drivers and install the latest ATI Package (Including the Catalyst & Crossfire Drivers - Install it all).
  7. Re-enable the automatic driver installation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
  8. Run CCleaner again (as instructed in Step 2).
  9. Restart Computer.

Let me know how you get on.

MistUnleashed
Followed those instructions, worked for me so far. (first time it didn't because i forgot to run registry cleaner after i had installed the drivers)
5h Without bsod's so far! Thx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2015   #6
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Yeehu View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Yeehu View Post
Hello! I get bsod randomly while watching videos and browsing, sometimes when i try to start a game.
The blues screen says something like this : Attemp to reset display driver and recover from timeout failed

What i have checked/tried

-Gpu temps idle 25-28 C And under load about 30-50C
-Gpu voltage 0.90V Minimum / 1.20V Max

Deleted Catalyst Control thing and installed drivers manually

Deleted a windows patch that i heard could cause problems with Catalyst control center (KB2670838)
Hi Yeehu,

Welcome to the Seven Forums! We will try help the best we can!


Thanks for uploading your system information zip file. I've analysed your minidumps and the problem is with you ATI Radeon Driver.


Please follow the steps below exactly as narrated:

  1. Run the Guru3D Display Drivers Removal Tool: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.3.0.0
  2. Download CCleaner here and run both the Cleaner and the Registry Cleaner to remove left-over keys.
  3. Go into C:\Program Files & C:\Program Files (x86) & C:\ProgramData and delete any leftover ATI files.
  4. Disable automatic driver installation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
  5. Restart Computer.
  6. After restart go to: Download Drivers and install the latest ATI Package (Including the Catalyst & Crossfire Drivers - Install it all).
  7. Re-enable the automatic driver installation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
  8. Run CCleaner again (as instructed in Step 2).
  9. Restart Computer.

Let me know how you get on.

MistUnleashed
Followed those instructions, worked for me so far. (first time it didn't because i forgot to run registry cleaner after i had installed the drivers)
5h Without bsod's so far! Thx
No worries, glad to know it worked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jun 2015   #7
Yeehu

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Well the bsods are back... :/
First one happened when i went browsing after i had pressed "Skip version" on Raptr gaming evolved, it offered me to download version 14.12 ( wich i already had)

I tried the instructions you gave me but this time downloaded only the graphics card drivers and not the catalyst contorl things...
still same problem, any ideas?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jun 2015   #8
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Yeehu View Post
Well the bsods are back... :/
First one happened when i went browsing after i had pressed "Skip version" on Raptr gaming evolved, it offered me to download version 14.12 ( wich i already had)

I tried the instructions you gave me but this time downloaded only the graphics card drivers and not the catalyst contorl things...
still same problem, any ideas?
The graphics driver won't work without the Catalyst software. Try downloading and installing the whole package not just the driver.

Also please upload a new ntbtlog.txt and a new BSOD zip file.

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jun 2015   #9
Yeehu

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Umm how do i get that "ntbtlog.txt"
Anyways here's the most recent one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2015   #10
Yeehu

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

I downloaded the catalyst 13.12 (Newest one is 14.12 i think?)
Good: No more bsod's
Bad : I get "Display driver has stopped responding and recovered"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random bsod's while watching netflix/youtube/Browsing normally




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Frequent BSOD while watching Netflix / Youtube, random errors
Hi - I keep on getting random BSOD while watching Netflix, Youtube, or just simply browsing (although it's more frequent on Netflix / Youtube). This has been going on ever since my PC was built, but I just kept on ignoring them. However I want to get rid of the problem because it is interrupting...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD's while gaming/watching movies/browsing internet-ntoskrnl
Over the last week or so I've had several BSOD's with ntoskrnl.exe as a common factor in all but one. Ran SF Diag Tool, results are attached. Not sure what else to say about it. A few more BSOD's since this post, minidumps uploaded.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during internet browsing/youtube watching.
Hi, I have these crashes when browsing the internet and watching youtube videos, or any other online videos. It does not seem to depend on which web browser is use. I tried reinstalling adobe flash player and updating my graphics card driver, didn't work. Also, I had no crashes on my openSUSE when...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD and random hangups while watching videos, gaming, browsing
Windows 7 - x64 - originally installed OS - retail version from Microsoft Dynamics Academic Alliance - first os installation (no re-install, so far thinking to do so) My system is just about a month old and I experience random bsod or hangups, it can occur after 3 days without problems. I...
BSOD Help and Support
Daily BSODs usually when watching Netflix/Youtube, but not exclusively
Hi All! So I am reaching out to all you wonderful people in hopes that I'll be able to recover my system without having to send it back to HP (terrible, terrible service!) In short, I bought a system that was a demo system. I just needed it for school (Adobe Creative Suite, pretty much) and...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD (no clear cause) while browsing, watching TV, etc.
Not sure why this keeps happening. I did figure out how to remove the evil LVUSBSta.sys driver (see Logitech and its damned LVUSBSta.sys driver | sandon.it) and my sound is fine. However, I have gotten at least one BSOD since the driver was uninstalled.
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:22.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App