Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD after last Windows update

18 Jun 2015   #1
DaveSr

Windows 7 64 bit (32 bit on desktop)
 
 
BSOD after last Windows update

I get the BSOD when windows comes up, even if I don't login. This happened last month after the last windows update. I can boot in Safe mode and able to copy the DUMP file to a USB drive (attached). I tried to download your DM Log Collector file but my Norton 360 blocks and deletes it saying it is unsafe??

Looking at several forums suggestions I loaded MSCONFIG and selected Diagnostic startup and able to login. I have done a chkdsk and no errors found on hard drive. In safe mode I tried to unintall last updates and other programs that I have updated (Malwarebytes, Paint.net. I tried to create a restore point but this gives an error.

Oh, and used Bit Defender Rescue CD to do a virus scan and system was clean.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Jun 2015   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

You can do it in safe mode with networking.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2015   #3
DaveSr

Windows 7 64 bit (32 bit on desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

You can do it in safe mode with networking.

That worked, thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Jun 2015   #4
DaveSr

Windows 7 64 bit (32 bit on desktop)
 
 

I've been playing with the system and found that when I disabled all services under "Services" tab of MSCONFIG that system loaded OK. So far have about 3/4 of the systems enabled and working good. Enable a couple at a time, reboot and try again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jun 2015   #5
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Both the crash dumps are reporting the same thing, that the N360 Network Security driver is blocking network which is resulting into the BSOD .
Code:
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c796f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!WfpExpireEntryLru+17 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Based on it, I would suggest you to uninstall Norton and all Symentec products using Norton Removal tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Report us for any further BSOD after doing it.

Norton is one of teh most frequent BSOD causers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2015   #6
DaveSr

Windows 7 64 bit (32 bit on desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Both the crash dumps are reporting the same thing, that the N360 Network Security driver is blocking network which is resulting into the BSOD .
Code:
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c796f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!WfpExpireEntryLru+17 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Based on it, I would suggest you to uninstall Norton and all Symentec products using Norton Removal tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Report us for any further BSOD after doing it.

Norton is one of teh most frequent BSOD causers.
Wow, never had problems with Norton before and have been using it for YEARS - thanks a bunch and not having any problems so far. Will post later and let you know how it is going.

David
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2015   #7
DaveSr

Windows 7 64 bit (32 bit on desktop)
 
 

Thanks for all the help - Day two with multiple reboots, Norton 360 removed and MS Security Essentials installed and no more BSOD. Show me one happy camper.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2015   #8
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Good news. Let us know for any further BSOD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2015   #9
NortonSupport

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DaveSr View Post
Thanks for all the help - Day two with multiple reboots, Norton 360 removed and MS Security Essentials installed and no more BSOD. Show me one happy camper.

Sorry to hear that, may I know which version of Norton 360 you had installed on your computer?
Let us know we'll check that for you!

Praveen
Norton Support.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2015   #10
DaveSr

Windows 7 64 bit (32 bit on desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NortonSupport View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DaveSr View Post
Thanks for all the help - Day two with multiple reboots, Norton 360 removed and MS Security Essentials installed and no more BSOD. Show me one happy camper.

Sorry to hear that, may I know which version of Norton 360 you had installed on your computer?
Let us know we'll check that for you!

Praveen
Norton Support.
We have had what ever is the latest version of Norton 360 for a lest 5-6 years without a problem. Since the first install, always did an update once a year to get the latest. The other two systems (no problems with them) are Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. The laptop that had the problem is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The only thing that I noticed just before the BSOD was doing a Windows update around May 20, 2015.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD after last Windows update




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD on Windows Update; BSOD when playing games
NOTE: DM log collector seem to be getting stuck when collecting msinfo32.nfo, so the attached file can be incomplete. Please let me know if it can take longer than 10 minutes to collect this data so i will run the program again. BSOD #1: It started at around January 15th - basically when i shoot...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during Windows Update
I was installing some updates (I think one driver, new definitions for windows defender, and a couple of random updates), and had restarted my computer. It went to the update screen where is shows the % finished before booting up and the it went to a BSOD. The computer started up again, and it went...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on Windows update
I get 2-3 diffrent BSOD; - On Windows update (think it is on KB982018) - On Asus PC Diagnostic and it's Stress Test It is also not possible to run the Windows Performance Assesment tool without error I think it is a problem with the motherboard =( It is a brand new PC with W7 Pro x64. I...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows Error and BSOD - Windows Update installed on wrong drive (?)
Hello, my computer has been dead for the last few days so to speak. For two days ago I turned on my computer - it started up just like any other day. I saw the Desktop and bang, blue screen of death. This has not happened since I installed Windows on my new SSD Harddisk (I'm running with two...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after Windows Update
So this morning Windows updated automatically when I shut down, but then a little bit later when I tried to boot it up.. I got the blue screen of death. I have gotten it everytime I have tried to boot it up. I couldn't tell you what updates were all downloaded, because there were a lot of them....
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after windows update
machine is new, fresh win7 x64 home install, began updating windows 5 updates at a time, got through 20 or so of them, did the next 5 and it BSOD upon restart from windows update attached my report should i restore to the previous 5 updates? edit: since this bsod i have completed the...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App