Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD - Only when waking up from SLEEP - 0x000000F4

16 Oct 2015   #11
axe0

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

The company providing you the BIOS only provides BIOS to retail boards and retail boards don't have an OEM Product ID.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Oct 2015   #12
Maco88

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

So please let me ask you again. Are you saying that I my product key is not genuine and I am using a pirated copy? Is that what you are saying??

If so, is that the reason, you have not progressed to help?

For the record, I really can't tell you what store built this computer for the original owner, this is how I bought the system, but I am quite sure my key is genuine and not using a pirated copy.

Vendors here in Australia are know to build systems with retail components and provide OEM versions of windows. An OEM copy is a legal copy of Windows, is it not?? I have no idea where you go this info from and it would appear you are mistaken with your assumptions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2015   #13
axe0

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

An OEM PID is legal, but as it looks like, how it is used according to the logs, it is not legal. I'll go for it and trust what you are saying about it.

The reason why I have not provided any further help is because I want to make sure there is nothing counterfeit on your system.
I have spend enough time trying to help solving BSOD's where the system was counterfeit without realizing it, but I am aware this will happen again in the future unfortunately.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Oct 2015   #14
axe0

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maco88 View Post
Thanks axe, I will run a sfc scan as per your instructions and report back.

I take it the minidump did not reveal something more definitive??

Just a little baffled as to why this is only happening on wake up from SLEEP and nothing else. Waking up from hibernate, booting in cold, and general use, there is no BSOD? Can corrupt drivers or possible infection really isolate the crashes this way? Obviously I'm no expert, but trying to get a better understanding of this error???

Appreciate the help
To answer this question,
an infection could certainly cause this as it could want to have the memory to get certain information that something else requests. So the malware integrates itself in the memory, the RAM sends the memory to the driver that requests it and the driver does what the memory contains.
This is just 1 thing that could happen with an infection and it isn't known what could have been done if the system was not shut down.
With drivers it is more complicated, but it could be yes.

Honestly, I don't really know why it only happens with the sleep mode.

Please scan your system with Adwcleaner and test your SSD using chkdsk.



BSOD - Only when waking up from SLEEP - 0x000000F4 Diagnostics Test BSOD - Only when waking up from SLEEP - 0x000000F4
 HDD TEST

Run chkdsk Disk Check
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2015   #15
Maco88

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
An OEM PID is legal, but as it looks like, how it is used according to the logs, it is not legal. I'll go for it and trust what you are saying about it.

The reason why I have not provided any further help is because I want to make sure there is nothing counterfeit on your system.
I have spend enough time trying to help solving BSOD's where the system was counterfeit without realizing it, but I am aware this will happen again in the future unfortunately.
Well I will leave it up to your judgement to decide if I telling you the truth or not, I have provided you enough information for you to decide this, but I will not back down from a challenge to prove my key is real. I did a check as soon as I got home when I bought the system that the key was genuine, I used the key to install and activate Windows online which worked, and that is good enough for me. I will continue using this key on this system as it's intended unless Microsoft tells me otherwise.

Having said that I am understand and respect your decision and any forum member and staff to help only genuine users, I applaud you for that, but if you have ever been wrongly accused of anything, then you may understand where I am coming from.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2015   #16
Maco88

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
An OEM PID is legal, but as it looks like, how it is used according to the logs, it is not legal. I'll go for it and trust what you are saying about it.

The reason why I have not provided any further help is because I want to make sure there is nothing counterfeit on your system.
I have spend enough time trying to help solving BSOD's where the system was counterfeit without realizing it, but I am aware this will happen again in the future unfortunately.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maco88 View Post
Thanks axe, I will run a sfc scan as per your instructions and report back.

I take it the minidump did not reveal something more definitive??

Just a little baffled as to why this is only happening on wake up from SLEEP and nothing else. Waking up from hibernate, booting in cold, and general use, there is no BSOD? Can corrupt drivers or possible infection really isolate the crashes this way? Obviously I'm no expert, but trying to get a better understanding of this error???

Appreciate the help
To answer this question,
an infection could certainly cause this as it could want to have the memory to get certain information that something else requests. So the malware integrates itself in the memory, the RAM sends the memory to the driver that requests it and the driver does what the memory contains.
This is just 1 thing that could happen with an infection and it isn't known what could have been done if the system was not shut down.
With drivers it is more complicated, but it could be yes.

Honestly, I don't really know why it only happens with the sleep mode.

Please scan your system with Adwcleaner and test your SSD using chkdsk.



BSOD - Only when waking up from SLEEP - 0x000000F4 Diagnostics Test BSOD - Only when waking up from SLEEP - 0x000000F4
 HDD TEST

Run chkdsk Disk Check
Thanks, but as I have mentioned, seems my system is clean, however I shall run adwcleaner and test my SSD as you have suggested and report back.

If I may ask again, incase I have missed it in previous posts, did my dump reveal anything that stood out that could be causing this BSOD.

Yes, it is very strange how this seems to happen only waking from 'sleep' and not 'hibernation'

Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2015   #17
axe0

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

The dump doesn't really reveal something specific.

Are you able to open taskmanager when waking from sleep?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2015   #18
Maco88

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
The dump doesn't really reveal something specific.

Are you able to open taskmanager when waking from sleep?
When i wake from sleep there is always a 10 second window where it will show my desktop [i have it set to wake without requiring a password, so it goes straight to desktop] and then crashes. This is consistant with every BSOD I've had,in that the crash happens at about the same time, each time.

As for am I able to open Task Manager, I haven't tried. When I wake from sleep each time, I just wait and see what happens.

Do you want me to try and open task manager within that the 10sec window before it BSOD ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2015   #19
axe0

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Yes, we need to know what processes are active at that time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2015   #20
Maco88

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
Yes, we need to know what processes are active at that time.
I doubt I can open up Task Manager, take a screen shot and save it, all in 10 secs before i get the BSOD, but I can try.

Is there any other particular method you recommend I can try to get this information under 10 secs???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD - Only when waking up from SLEEP - 0x000000F4




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD mostly after waking from sleep, sometimes more
Hi all. Recently I'd been having problems with BSOD on waking from sleep mode. This also happened some other times as well. I wondered whether it had anything to do with my MBOX 2 Mini sound card drivers. I formatted the hard drive, started Windows again. Still happening. I've attached a...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD After Sleep Mode 0x000000F4
After I wake my PC from sleep mode I get BSOD with 0x000000F4 I thought it was due to the large HDDs I have. I unplugged them and still the same issue. I have the latest drivers for SSD, BIOS, Audio, Video. It is a new build.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD from waking up from sleep
This morning when I tried to wake up my computer, nothing would display on the computer screen. I had to turn it off and then turn it back on. As it tried to resume windows, I got the BSOD. When I restarted my computer, I got the following message: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: ...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after waking up from sleep Win 7 x64
Hey, have been looking around for help as I am completely new to BSOD's. I have a HP Pavillion dv6 which originally came with Windows Vista Home Premium x32, recently upgraded to Win 7 x64 clean install, and has been relatively problem-free. But, everytime laptop sleeps, I get a BSOD upon waking up...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during gaming or waking from sleep mode stop error 0x000000f4
Hi, I been having BSOD stop error 0x000000f4 while gaming or when I wake the computer up from sleeping. This only happens once every 2-4 weeks it seems. Attached are the wintodws nt bsod jcgriff2 and perfmon report. Thank you. Computer specs are
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after waking from S3 sleep
I have recently built a HTPC and I'm having problems with BSODs when the computer wakes to record a TV show. I've had several instances in the two weeks since I built this computer. There are many times that the computer wakes with no problems and successfully records. So this problem does not...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:24.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App