Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD while Win7 64-Bit is idle or various times (BCCode: 7a)

04 Mar 2016   #11
axe0

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

What command did you use?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Mar 2016   #12
kabo0m

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
What command did you use?
I did this:



Isn't that how u do ChkDsk?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2016   #13
axe0

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

I use command prompt with chkdsk X: /f /r command, but yours is pretty much the same.

This is what worries me, if this hasn't been taken care of you'll still notice problems.
Code:
312466431 KB total disk space.
91367308 KB in 144107 files.
111788 KB in 28179 indexes.
4 KB in bad sectors.
369863 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
220617468 KB available on disk.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Mar 2016   #14
kabo0m

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
I use command prompt with chkdsk X: /f /r command, but yours is pretty much the same.

This is what worries me, if this hasn't been taken care of you'll still notice problems.
Code:
312466431 KB total disk space.
91367308 KB in 144107 files.
111788 KB in 28179 indexes.
4 KB in bad sectors.
369863 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
220617468 KB available on disk.
Okay doing chkdsk C: /f /r now. Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2016   #15
kabo0m

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
 
 

Result of chkdsk C: /f /r

Quote:
Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is Boot Disk C.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
259072 file records processed. File verification completed.
760 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. 2 EA records processed. 47 reparse records processed. CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
315608 index entries processed. Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered. CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
259072 file SDs/SIDs processed. Cleaning up 32 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 32 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 32 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.
28269 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
36466080 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
259056 files processed. File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
54450019 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

312466431 KB total disk space.
94182608 KB in 141858 files.
111760 KB in 28270 indexes.
4 KB in bad sectors.
371983 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
217800076 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
78116607 total allocation units on disk.
54450019 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
00 f4 03 00 9b 98 02 00 e0 e1 04 00 00 00 00 00 ................
94 61 00 00 2f 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .a../...........
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.
Result is still the same. Now what?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2016   #16
BorisTheAnimal

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kabo0m View Post
Result of chkdsk C: /f /r

Quote:
Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is Boot Disk C.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
259072 file records processed. File verification completed.
760 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. 2 EA records processed. 47 reparse records processed. CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
315608 index entries processed. Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered. CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
259072 file SDs/SIDs processed. Cleaning up 32 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 32 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 32 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.
28269 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
36466080 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
259056 files processed. File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
54450019 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

312466431 KB total disk space.
94182608 KB in 141858 files.
111760 KB in 28270 indexes.
4 KB in bad sectors.
371983 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
217800076 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
78116607 total allocation units on disk.
54450019 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
00 f4 03 00 9b 98 02 00 e0 e1 04 00 00 00 00 00 ................
94 61 00 00 2f 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .a../...........
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.
Result is still the same. Now what?
I think the drive is failing, not like exactly this minute but I would buy a new hard drive and start moving stuff before it's too late.

Cheers, Boris
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2016   #17
axe0

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

I would backup the important stuff (regularly!) and get a new hard drive to replace the hard drive when it fails more and more.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2016   #18
kabo0m

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
 
 

I have nothing vital on this drive except Windows as it is a pretty fresh install (a month ago) and all vital information is already backed up so that is no big deal. I had already asked the friend who works on my computer hardware for me if I should look into comparative prices for a new HDD or even what an SSD would cost and he only told me that 4Kb of bad sector is not that much and that I should be fine. He then was saying that there is a way to tell the computer not to write on that part of the HD? Is that correct? What is he talking about? Also I don't have a job so for me cost is a factor. What is the smallest size of a hard drive do I need for Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit and Firefox installed and over 200 fonts (I haven't installed those fonts yet since Windows was redone last month)? My current C-drive that is in question is 320Gb in size.



The current 320Gb HDD is a Western Digital Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive and the WD site says it is the Cavier RAID edition.

I also have Acronis True Image WD Edition, Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows, and Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for DOS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2016   #19
axe0

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote:
He then was saying that there is a way to tell the computer not to write on that part of the HD? Is that correct? What is he talking about?
chkdsk /r command, it marks the bad sectors as bad so the system knows not to use them anymore.
/r also includes /f which recovers readable data from the bad sectors if any is present.

Quote:
What is the smallest size of a hard drive do I need for Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit and Firefox installed and over 200 fonts?
I don't know how much space 200 fonts take of space, but 250GB will be more than enough
If 250GB isn't enough, simply install programs to your other partitions to make space.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2016   #20
kabo0m

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
 
 

How come smart data doesn't show any problems with the drive? I thought if the drive was failing there would be some smart alerts or something?



How does that work? I am still learning about all this stuff as I know software not hardware ..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD while Win7 64-Bit is idle or various times (BCCode: 7a)




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Computer Running Idle BCCode:1000007e
Hey guys, got the good ole BSOD while I was at work. Came home to the computer restarted. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem:
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at low load/idle, BCCode 124
This is a new system with a fresh install and hardware. I did NOT have any BSODs until my recent Windows Update installs. Posting now so I don't lose the message before next BSOD, will attach file ASAP. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 ...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after leaving PC idle BCCode 124
Whenever I leave my PC idle, I often return to the following message, Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.49 Locale ID: 2057 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 124 BCP1: 0000000000000000
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD BCCode 116 while idle
I'm getting this BSOD while my computer remains idle. I come back to it after a couple of hours and the OS is unresponsive for a few seconds and then it just shuts down. After it reboots, everything seems to be normal. Also, sfc scan shows that it found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD computer idle, error BCCode: 7a
Windows 7 is x86 version. Original install date is -> 06/13/2011 -> 8:57:26 Windows is full retail version. Laptop was bought on the 31th of december 2010. Age of windows -> 6 months. BSOD occurs even if laptop is in idle mode/browsing/chatting on yahoo messenger. PS: I tried to generate...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD at idle bccode 124
I have been Having this problem for a while. I have been chasing down ssd problems and memory problems and psu problems. Now that all those are fixed i am still having problems. Randomly at idle it will restart or shut down. I have included mini dumps. Have run mem test on replacement memory. Have...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App