Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Freezing problem


23 Nov 2009   #1

 
Freezing problem

Hey again guys ,
i have serious problem with my win . It freezes all the time and 'till that day i though it's because i've got only 512 of RAM. We'll you all know the screen when your computer is shutting down (or restarting) where all running programs are w8tingto close.I notice that when i hit cancel (before windows shuts down or restarts) my PC runs faster! How could that be? Does some process slows my machine?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Nov 2009   #2

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Let me see if I can optimize your system for you and 512 MB.

Type system information in the start menu search box then hit enter. Use ctrl+s on the screen that opens. Then rar or zip the saved file and attach to a post using the paperclip. I will have a few suggestions, for sure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2009   #3

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Let me see if I can optimize your system for you and 512 MB.

Type system information in the start menu search box then hit enter. Use ctrl+s on the screen that opens. Then rar or zip the saved file and attach to a post using the paperclip. I will have a few suggestions, for sure.
I hope there is a way to optimize my PC's performance (until i buy some more memory)
Here's the file you want:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Nov 2009   #4

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Go to the start menu | all programs | startup folder:

delete Mozilla Thunderbird.

Then in the start menu search box, type Regedit then hit enter. Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and delete:

tsnpstd3
snpstd3


then navigate to

HKU\S-1-5-21-817433145-3014169486-1472219731-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and delete:

Skype
uTorrent
SmartRam
(better to completely uninstall this. These programs are the worst and don't do what you think. They do opposite.)

Then go back to start menu search box and type services.msc and hit enter.

Disable the following:

Offline Files
DNS Client
Program Compatibility
Nero BackItUp Scheduler
Diagnostic Service Host
IP Helper (If you use Homegroup, leave this alone.)

Then reboot and enjoy the pc working much better.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #5

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
HKU\S-1-5-21-817433145-3014169486-1472219731-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Couldn't find HKU\... ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #6

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by psydex View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
HKU\S-1-5-21-817433145-3014169486-1472219731-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Couldn't find HKU\... ??
Hkey Users , the 4th one down
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #7

 

I did it , but that wat i have no running programs at startup Does this mean if check skype , thunderbird i'll be the same way as before (freezing)? btw i've uninstalled the antivirus before posting that thread and it was a little bit better (not much differance as now).I still have no antivirus installed because then it was too much freezing~!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2009   #8

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by psydex View Post
Hey again guys ,
i have serious problem with my win . It freezes all the time and 'till that day i though it's because i've got only 512 of RAM. We'll you all know the screen when your computer is shutting down (or restarting) where all running programs are w8tingto close.I notice that when i hit cancel (before windows shuts down or restarts) my PC runs faster! How could that be? Does some process slows my machine?
Is there any reason why you can't add more ram ?

the difference will be significant
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Nov 2009   #9

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ickymay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by psydex View Post
Hey again guys ,
i have serious problem with my win . It freezes all the time and 'till that day i though it's because i've got only 512 of RAM. We'll you all know the screen when your computer is shutting down (or restarting) where all running programs are w8tingto close.I notice that when i hit cancel (before windows shuts down or restarts) my PC runs faster! How could that be? Does some process slows my machine?
Is there any reason why you can't add more ram ?

the difference will be significant
The only reason is that i haven't money at the moment!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Freezing problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Freezing problem
Thread Forum
Solved Freezing problem Performance & Maintenance
Freezing Problem General Discussion
Freezing problem BSOD Help and Support
Freezing Problem BSOD Help and Support
Freezing problem General Discussion
Strange freezing problem and administrator problem BSOD Help and Support
Odd freezing problem Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33