If you've ever seen a problem similar to the one depicted below, then your in luck. This thread outlines a quick and easy method for solving this problem. To summarise, the syptoms are missing icons everywhere! Heres how to fix this problem:
- Go to "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\" (Just copy the bit inbetween the quotes into the address bar of an windows explorer window
- Delete the file "Iconcache.db"
- Right click the task bar (big bar at the bottom), Click Start Task Manager
- In the processes tab, find "explorer.exe", select it and click the End Process button (dont worry about things disappearing, its expected)
- Click File, then click New Task (Run...), Type explorer into the text box and click OK
- Done! Everything should look normal now
A possible alternative to steps 3-6 might be to simply log out then log in again, or restart. Hope that helped, please leave feedback below