Creating a new thread to summarise my issues and also include a more descriptive title.
As the title says, I am having problems with my Windows 7 64 bit install with the system constantly freezing or generating BSOD.
To troubleshoot I have done the following:
1. Updated all drivers
to use the most recent versions (checked with DriverMax)
2. Updated the motherboard BIOS
3. Ran memtest68+ for 16 hours with no issues reported
4. Ran the windows memory test with no issues reported
5. Using verifier - only stressing non-microsoft drivers - obtained freezes and BSOD
6. Using verifier - only stressing microsoft drivers - obtained freezes and BSOD
System is not overclocked and to the best of my ability I have configured the BIOS to match the system requirements yet it seems to crash / BSOD regardless of basic or optomized settings. What I can replicate
1. When the system crashes / BSOD every time the reboot will get through the initial boot screen then display the message 'Loading operating system'. At this point, I get a single flashing cursor as the system locks. A hard reset then boots up successfully into the Windows boot menu where I 'Start Windows normally'.
2. I cannot seem to run sfc /scannnow if I have my onboard sound enabled? It stops prior to completion with the message 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.'. If I disable onboard sound within the BIOS sfc /scannnow completes without any issues.
Other than the above two scenarios it all seems pretty random! I am pulling my hair out with this one and really hope there is someone out there who has experienced something similar or can point me in the right direction for what I can check next.
I have attached 15 minidumps from the last week, some are verfier enabled and I can most likely generate more verifier enabled logs if this would help.
HArdware details in my sig.
Thanks in advance!