|08 Dec 2009||#1|
| || |
Using Windbg for dmp from encrypted app
Here are the steps that I currently follow.
1. Compile to Create appname.exe and appname.pdb
2. Encrypt appname.exe to get appname-enc.exe
3. Ship appname-enc.exe to customers
4. Customer runs appname-enc.exe to get crashdump.dmp and sends it to me. ( Crashdump using minidumpwritedump)
5. I use crashdump.dmp, appname.pdb,appname-enc.exe in windbg to view the call stack.
This is not working. It says it cannot find debug symbols for appname-enc.exe
what should i do ? I cannot use appname.exe it produces the same error. Also, I have to encrypt my app, I cannot send it without security wrapper.
Please let me know if anybody have encountered the same problem. Any workaround would be greatly appreciated.
NOTE: I am sure, its not with the architecture. I am using the same architecture as the client to debug and still no result.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Using Windbg for dmp from encrypted app|
|Where can I find windbg||BSOD Help and Support|
|WinDbg||BSOD Help and Support|
|Cannot access encrypted files even though I never encrypted them||Music, Pictures & Video|
|WinDBG||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.