I've attached the msinfo32 file as you requested.
I know you don't think this is a memory error and you might well be right but I think it is. Here's the history:
I have been receiving many errors when using a particular brand of memory(Corsair) and the computer runs error free when using a different brand(Crucial). The build as about a year old. Do not overclock and don't partake in any real risky behavior. The system is well built, well cooled and well organized. The Corsair memory was the original install but it came with a bad module. I RMA'd it but didn't want to wait for the replacement so I bought the Crucial. The Corsairs are a much higher performance stick though and so I installed them when the new ones came. The Crucials went into the closet with me knowing I had a spare if needed.
Until about 3 weeks ago the Corsairs have worked flawlessly. Then the errors started. Mostly application hangs but also blue screens and other weird behavior including services not loading or timing out etc. I have deleted and replaced graphics, chipset, network, and audio drivers
. CHKDSK finds no errors on the hard drive.
I have memtest86+ v4.00 and have used it numerous times on this and my other computers. I have also used the Windows memory test program.
These past 3 weeks I have run memtest many many times in various different ways. Both sticks in, one stick at a time, different slots etc. The only consistency is this;
Crucial always tests fine
Corsair single stick always tests fine. Either stick, any slot, results always the same...no errors.
Corsair both sticks test fine as long as I haven't suffered a recent bad event. In other words when changing from one pair to the other I would always memtest first. Results always pass. Once I've had an error, if I shut down and memtest-always errors, sometimes thousands.
This morning after reading your response my computer started to throw errors. Started with IE Explorer hang, then windows explorer wouldn't respond, then event viewer wouldn't respond, then shut down wouldn't work resulting in a black screen(1st time for this). Shut down with the switch. Then powered back on and ran memtest. 3 passes with errors in test#5 only on the 1st pass.
I am booted back on to Windows and for now it's working but I know it's only a matter of time. Event viewer gave a 2 warning that "The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification event." Whatever that means.
The most significant shange to my system recently is I installed the Retail version of Windows 7 ultimate. I originally had Vista Home Premium and since Spring was dual booting Vista and Window 7 Beta. I liked windows 7 so much I almost never used Vista
Sorry to make this such a long post but wanted you to know the backround.
I will wait for your review of the msinfo32 stuff before I move on to the Driver
Thanks for helping