Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD and Random Reboots


03 Jan 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
BSOD and Random Reboots


This computer is really making me mad. I keep getting the BSOD. It says Memory Management STOP: 0x0000001A ( 0x00000783, 0x8A73FA78, 0xA89C0000, 0xA250030). Also, not sure if it related but my computer does random no clean restarts at times. Sometimes it will be on for 10 minutes then at other times 2 minutes. Completly random.

Booted up in safe mode and safe mode with network and computer seems to act fine. Not sure if I am having a hardware issue or software issue.

Thinking about removing Window 7 and going to Windows Vista.

I purchased this PC on ebay so not sure if problem is from the Window 7 as I do not know how it was acting before the install.

I really need opinions on the matter. Getting so frustated about it.

Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jan 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Hi,

Welcome to 7 forums.

Need not panic. We are here to help you

* It seems, you are able to run the PC in safe mode. Hence, a recent installation may have caused this issue. You can try uninstalling the recently installed programs. If that doesn't work, you can perform a System Restore:

System Restore

* In addition, you can Run DISK CHECK in the safe mode:

Disk Check
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I havent installed anything since I powered the PC up. So cause I can boot up and the system runs fine in safe mode it means I have a software issue?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Jan 2010   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jjed2010 View Post

This computer is really making me mad. I keep getting the BSOD. It says Memory Management STOP: 0x0000001A ( 0x00000783, 0x8A73FA78, 0xA89C0000, 0xA250030). Also, not sure if it related but my computer does random no clean restarts at times. Sometimes it will be on for 10 minutes then at other times 2 minutes. Completly random.

Booted up in safe mode and safe mode with network and computer seems to act fine. Not sure if I am having a hardware issue or software issue.

Thinking about removing Window 7 and going to Windows Vista.

I purchased this PC on ebay so not sure if problem is from the Window 7 as I do not know how it was acting before the install.

I really need opinions on the matter. Getting so frustated about it.

Thanks

hi and welcome

We need the dmp file itself. use these to find and upload it http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

Thanks

KJ
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

OK, you can go ahead with ZIGZAG's instructions
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I looked in the windows folder and did not see a minidump folder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jjed2010 View Post
I looked in the windows folder and did not see a minidump folder.

might also be in c:\windows and be called memory.dmp. just search for *.dmp



KJ
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I am not able to find the dump file. Did a search for .dmp and search came up with nothing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

This has crashed a few more times since i last posted. I looked and there is no .dmp file being written. Is there I setting I need to change for it to write a dmp file. Please help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jjed2010 View Post
I am not able to find the dump file. Did a search for .dmp and search came up with nothing.

If you index the entire drive and it is not found it may not be present. DMPs are created unless there is not BSOD, or the memory stack had no info

Ken J+
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD and Random Reboots




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD and Random Reboots
Thread Forum
BSOD and random reboots BSOD Help and Support
random reboots and BSOD BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD and Reboots BSOD Help and Support
Random reboots with no BSOD BSOD Help and Support
Random Reboots and BSOD BSOD Help and Support
BSOD and random reboots BSOD Help and Support
Random Reboots (No BSOD's) BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33