|07 Jan 2010||#1|
| || |
Games Crash on Startup
There is wierd kind of crash that is taking place when i try to run some games on my computer. Let's show it with example of two of them:
1. I have had installed King's Bounty Armored Princess and i was able to play it afterwards for quite a long time.
2. I didn't play this game for a while (2 weeks or so) and when i tried to run it again very recently this is what happened:
- mouse pointer changed into "busy" state
- game seemed to do startup
- screen resolution changed few times while screen was turning black->white->desktop->black->white few times
- game didn't turn off and desktop was displayed instead like nothing ever happened (like the game wasn't ever running)
Second game is Gyromancer but there are two small differences:
- i installed it not so long time ago, somewhere around time i tried to run KB:AP with no success
- system behaves exactly same way besides what happens last. Game doesn't crush "silently" like last one does but it prompts a message box saying "The program stopped working" with error code c0000005.
I figured out from some other posts on this forum that what caused the symptoms might be registry cleaning done with CCleaner some time before trying to run King's Bounty and Gyromancer unsuccessfully.
I have reinstalled my graphic card's drivers, installed both DirectX 11 and 9. I have tried as well reinstalling (with reboot) both games but none of these did help.
I would appreciate help with this case a lot.
I might provide additional data such as HiJackThis or SilentRunners logs and so on if needed.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Games Crash on Startup|
|Games crash.||BSOD Help and Support|
|BF3 Crash on startup||Gaming|
|Crash to bootscreen on startup, startup repair black screen||BSOD Help and Support|
|Windows Games Crash on Startup||Gaming|
|Win 7 Crash on Startup||BSOD Help and Support|
|Startup Crash||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Crash on startup||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.