Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: windows 7 is freezing every 5 min i need help


21 Jan 2010   #1

windows 7
 
 
windows 7 is freezing every 5 min i need help

i started using win 7 in July 2008 from the beginning and it was good no problem at all till 15 November started freezing after my graphic card fan had stopped working and i repaired it but the freezing is still driving me crazy till now.
i removed the graphics card but still no use and
there is no system restore or any backup


sygnus21 thanks for help and guiding me through your post on how to ask for help it's very useful ...

system space
c:7.82 GB free of 20.7 GB
D:34.8 GB free of 98.2 GB
E:7.29 GB free of 30 GB
total 160 GB hard disk

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit RTM 7600

my level of experience is medium

the specific issue is my pc is freezing every like 5 to 10 min and start working after 2 to 3min
complete freezing

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
Memory: 2 GB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jan 2010   #2

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

One, it would really help if you provided a little more info, like say... your system specs.

Second, every image you included is gone/not showing.

Third, you might want to read my "How To Ask For Help" guide in my signature.

Help us help you.

Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #3

windows 7
 
 

thanks for help and guiding me throw i saw your post on how to ask for help it's very useful ...

system space
c:7.82 GB free of 20.7 GB
D:34.8 GB free of 98.2 GB
E:7.29 GB free of 30 GB
total 160 GB hard disk

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit RTM 7600

my level of experience is medium

the specific issue is my pc is freezing every like 5 to 10 min and start working after 2 to 3min
complete freezing

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
Memory: 2 GB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Jan 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ad350 View Post
i started using win 7 in July 2008 from the beginning and it was good no problem at all till 15 November started freezing after my graphic card fan disabled and i repaired it but the freezing still driving me crazy till now i removed the graphic card put ... no use and this is Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Report


thanks for help and guiding me throw i saw your post on how to ask for help it's very useful ...

system space
c:7.82 GB free of 20.7 GB
D:34.8 GB free of 98.2 GB
E:7.29 GB free of 30 GB
total 160 GB hard disk

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit RTM 7600

my level of experience is medium

the specific issue is my pc is freezing every like 5 to 10 min and start working after 2 to 3min
complete freezing

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Try a System Restore to a point before you had the problem with the graphics card. The driver may have become corrupted.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #5

windows 7
 
 

macgyvr thanks for help but the issue is that i made format after removing the graphics card ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #6

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Hmmm...his post didn't indicate a system restore. Perhaps I missed it???

At any rate ad350, can you tell us what you mean by this statement....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ad350 View Post
the issue is that i made format after removing the graphics card ...
Not sure what it is you're saying. Sorry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #7

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Hmmm...his post didn't indicate a system restore. Perhaps I missed it???

At any rate ad350, can you tell us what you mean by this statement....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ad350 View Post
the issue is that i made format after removing the graphics card ...
Not sure what it is you're saying. Sorry.
there is no system restore or any backup
and i formatted my pc after removing its graphics card hoping that this would solve the problem but it didn't..still hanging.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #8
Microsoft MVP

 

Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Test for full two passes. If errors, remove RAM to isolate problem stick.

Determine your HD maker and download their DOS diagnostics, burn to CD and do full HD scan.

Run sfc /scannow to make sure corrupted system files are not the problem, and then a Repair Install to make sure it is not install.

What Display adapter are you using now? Check in Device manager to see if it is in error, try to update Driver using Auto updater. Check for a more recent driver from manufacturer's Support Downloads webpage, and any custom Windows Updates you haven't installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #9

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Test for full two passes. If errors, remove RAM to isolate problem stick.

Determine your HD maker and download their DOS diagnostics, burn to CD and do full HD scan.

Run sfc /scannow to make sure corrupted system files are not the problem, and then a Repair Install to make sure it is not install.

What Display adapter are you using now? Check in Device manager to see if it is in error, try to update Driver using Auto updater. Check for a more recent driver from manufacturer's Support Downloads webpage, and any custom Windows Updates you haven't installed.


gregrocker
thanks for help
1-i did windows memory diagnostics tool and it showed hardware problems were detected contact manufacturer's ....
i removed one ram and still the issue is there i tried with both but I'll try new ram later till then..
2-Determine your HD maker and download their DOS diagnostics, burn to CD and do full HD scan.

i need more explanation with this point..

3-
Run sfc /scannow no issue it's ok

4- i have the most recent drivers at all for all hardware....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2010   #10
Microsoft MVP

 

isolate the problem memory stick and replace. try install with other.

Look in Device Manager for Hard Drive and google model number to determine maker.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 windows 7 is freezing every 5 min i need help




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: windows 7 is freezing every 5 min i need help
Thread Forum
Newly built computer random freezing and freezing on starting windows General Discussion
Windows freezing up General Discussion
Windows 7 Freezing BSOD Help and Support
Solved Windows 7 keeps freezing. BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 pro freezing BSOD Help and Support
windows 7 keeps freezing BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 keeps freezing!!! BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33