Just updated parts of my computer -
CPU, Mobo, and Ram (Phenom II x2 550BE, MSI 785GM-E51, OCZ low voltage DD3 1333)
I have an old (&bad?) PSU with 300W peak and Old HD - 80gb maxtor, IDE and no discrete GPU yet.
Getting frequent BSODs under Windows 7. I have been trying to locate the reason but no success so far.
Yes, my cpu is unlocked (so a quad core) and overclocked (10% @ 3.4Ghz), but I'm pretty comfident that it is stable. (Ran prime 95 for an hour, (only :S), no errors under 100% load and ok temperatures)
Ran memtest 86+ for 2 passes, no errors. Ran Furmark 1.7 BSOD in less than a minute x2. Didn't try more. First time at 1440x900 took like 2 secs, second time at 800x600 took me around 15secs to run into a BSOD.
So I figured that there might be an issue around the IGP, but I'm looking for more information from you gurus here. EDIT1:
Running Windows Memtest now. Hooray for the tards who made "Auto" settings for the mobo's bios. Got more errors then I could close to end the test the first 2 times. After setting factory standards for the DRAM, voltage&clocks, I have now ran the test for the first 10 mins without an error
There is still hope... EDIT2:
Seems like the simple settings fixed my furmark as well
The comp finally seems stable and I'm glad I didn't have faulty hardware.