While shutting down installing last microsoft updates I got a BSOD.
1) System rebooted and got into Automatic Recovery Console but it fails.
2) So I went to advanced options and tried a system restore point but this one fails also with an error code 0x800700b7.
3) So I went to command prompt and tried sfc /scannow but that one keeps telling me that there is a system repair pending and that I should restart. But restarting does not get this message away.
4) Booting the original windows 7 disc and selecting repair brings exactly the same recovery console as above and does give exactly the same results
5) Manualle copying registry files from c:\windows\system32\config\RegBack to .. does not help either.
6) without clues I even deleted registry files but no help there. Also the swap file and hiberfil file deleted but no results.
7) somehow I now can set back some system restore points without the errorcode now but it does not help at all. I get again into a failing automatic system recovery.... all the same as above.
8) booting the last know good configuration also gives the same failing ASR screen.
I will take 2 days to reinstall my system so I really need a trick to fix this one. Also when installing MS updates causing these kind of problems I do consider turning of the damned updates. I need this machine for my work! I have a pretty normal system, nothing special.
Anyhow I would be very very happy if someone posts the tip to solve this issue!