Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Minidump file help!

31 Jan 2010   #1
WIGILOCO

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 
BSOD Minidump file help!

I have 7 64-Bit and often when I boot my pc It says that " windows desktop manager has stopped working and closed ". Sometimes I get bluescreen when I get to desktop. Today I started my pc and It said Loading windows and then came black background and only the cursor showing, and then It said that computer won't start or something. When windows tried to find solution to this and chose the return thing It crashed and caused me a BSOD. Here is the dmp file.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jan 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WIGILOCO View Post
I have 7 64-Bit and often when I boot my pc It says that " windows desktop manager has stopped working and closed ". Sometimes I get bluescreen when I get to desktop. Today I started my pc and It said Loading windows and then came black background and only the cursor showing, and then It said that computer won't start or something. When windows tried to find solution to this and chose the return thing It crashed and caused me a BSOD. Here is the dmp file.
Hi and welcome

this crash was probably caused by your video driver atimkdag.sys. You also have several drivers that need to be updated.

I would uninstall the current driver then install a fresh one.

I would also run a system file check
type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2010   #3
WIGILOCO

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Okay then. Thanks! I run that sfc /scannow and It didn't find errors. So you recommend to uninstall gpu drivers and install new ones?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Jan 2010   #4
jcgriff2

Windows 7 - Vista
 
 

Hi -

Update the drivers for your Logitech KB &/or mouse - your's are 2.5 years old - way before Windows 7 time -
Code:
LHidFilt.Sys Fri Sep 21 07:05:39 2007 (46F3A583)
LMouFilt.Sys Fri Sep 21 07:05:43 2007 (46F3A587)
Logitech Driver Updates


Check for Asus mobo updates - these are pre-Windows 7 RTM -
Code:
 
ASACPI.sys Wed May 13 21:25:17 2009 (4A0B72FD)
AsIO.sys   Mon Apr 06 03:21:08 2009 (49D9AD64)
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support



Check Via for update also --> http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp
Code:
viahduaa.sys Thu Jul 09 23:07:01 2009 (4A56B055)

Via support thread re: Asus --> http://www.viaarena.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39205

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2010   #5
WIGILOCO

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jcgriff2 View Post
Hi -

Update the drivers for your Logitech KB &/or mouse - your's are 2.5 years old - way before Windows 7 time -
Code:
LHidFilt.Sys Fri Sep 21 07:05:39 2007 (46F3A583)
LMouFilt.Sys Fri Sep 21 07:05:43 2007 (46F3A587)
Logitech Driver Updates


Check for Asus mobo updates - these are pre-Windows 7 RTM -
Code:
 
ASACPI.sys Wed May 13 21:25:17 2009 (4A0B72FD)
AsIO.sys   Mon Apr 06 03:21:08 2009 (49D9AD64)
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support



Check Via for update also --> http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp
Code:
viahduaa.sys Thu Jul 09 23:07:01 2009 (4A56B055)
Via support thread re: Asus --> http://www.viaarena.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39205

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

.

About those mobo updates, what should I update? Chipset drivers? There are lots of different things like audio, lan, utilities etc.. And my audio is up to date, no newer version there than mine =)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2010   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WIGILOCO View Post
Okay then. Thanks! I run that sfc /scannow and It didn't find errors. So you recommend to uninstall gpu drivers and install new ones?
Yep and you might want to google uninstall you driver name. You may need an uninstaller.
Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2010   #7
WIGILOCO

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WIGILOCO View Post
Okay then. Thanks! I run that sfc /scannow and It didn't find errors. So you recommend to uninstall gpu drivers and install new ones?
Yep and you might want to google uninstall you driver name. You may need an uninstaller.
Ken
Where I can check my driver name? I didn't even know about these mobo drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2010   #8
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WIGILOCO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WIGILOCO View Post
Okay then. Thanks! I run that sfc /scannow and It didn't find errors. So you recommend to uninstall gpu drivers and install new ones?
Yep and you might want to google uninstall you driver name. You may need an uninstaller.
Ken
Where I can check my driver name? I didn't even know about these mobo drivers
your video card from your specs is Club 3D HD4890 SUPER OC . I just googled it and you dont need to uninstall it first. just google Club 3D HD4890 SUPER OC drivers. Pick the correct one (either 32bit or 64). download it and install it

Let us know if you need help

Ken
EDIT: here is the link for downloading the driver. http://driverscollection.com/?file_c...a794436b9ca21f
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2010   #9
WIGILOCO

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Okay now I uninstall these gpu drivers and install the new ones from amd's site.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2010   #10
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WIGILOCO View Post
Okay now I uninstall these gpu drivers and install the new ones from amd's site.

Exactly. You may have to install in safe mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Minidump file help!




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD please check my minidump file and help me
I had the BSOD problem for some time and then the problem simply stopped. I was calm for few months until today... Here's the minidump file, I hope you can help me guys. Microsoft services
BSOD Help and Support
PC Crashes with NO BSOD and NO Minidump File.
Its got me stumped can you help..? My PC has taken to just turning itself off as if hit by power cut. There is no BSOD and there aren't any minidump files created. The PC runs fine in "Safe Mode With Networking" but in "Start Windows Normally" after a few minutes, sometimes as many as 10...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD w/ Minidump file
I'm having trouble with my Win 7 32 bit BSODing. It appears that whenever it goes to sleep, the computer fails to wake up and blue screens. I've updated the bios and the graphics drivers. I'm not 100% confident that the sleep function is the root cause of the BSOD, but it will happen every...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD with minidump file
My computer is Dell XPS 1645. It crashed (BSOD )sometime before i reformated it. But now, after i reformated, and install a few software inside, it still BSOD. Can help me to find out what is the reason of BSOD? Thanks. window 7 ultimate -64bit -before is original but will crash, now install...
BSOD Help and Support
new bsod - minidump file attached
Hi Guys, can you pelase check the file for me? thanks for your help
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App