Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Just got my first BSOD


02 Apr 2009   #1

Windows 7, of course.
 
 
Just got my first BSOD

I had just removed a download from utorrent (which I have done often), and I was just about to select my Music folder from the jumplist off of my Windows Explorer pinned icon, and all the sudden the screen went black, then showed a BSOD just for a second or two, and the computer restarted. I'm running 5057 x86. Any help here? The only new thing I installed today was the Windows 7 Beta Driver for my Audigy SE Sound Card, and I wasn't even playing any music or doing anything that would be making any sounds and using the sound card, but I don't know...

When Windows loaded back up, it said "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"

And this is what it said in the details box:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7057.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 82A15E50
BCP2: 0000000A
BCP3: 00000008
BCP4: 82A15E50
OS Version: 6_1_7057
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
X:\Windows\Minidump\040209-45609-01.dmp
X:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-58234-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
X:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Apr 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thenext8seconds View Post
I had just removed a download from utorrent (which I have done often), and I was just about to select my Music folder from the jumplist off of my Windows Explorer pinned icon, and all the sudden the screen went black, then showed a BSOD just for a second or two, and the computer restarted. I'm running 5057 x86. Any help here? The only new thing I installed today was the Windows 7 Beta Driver for my Audigy SE Sound Card, and I wasn't even playing any music or doing anything that would be making any sounds and using the sound card, but I don't know...

When Windows loaded back up, it said "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"

And this is what it said in the details box:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7057.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 82A15E50
BCP2: 0000000A
BCP3: 00000008
BCP4: 82A15E50
OS Version: 6_1_7057
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
X:\Windows\Minidump\040209-45609-01.dmp
X:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-58234-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Pre-Release (Beta) Privacy Statement Highlights

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
X:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bad pointer used by driver. Post X:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-58234-0.sysdata.xml for more info but check it first for personal info.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2009   #3

Windows 7, of course.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bad pointer used by driver. Post X:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-58234-0.sysdata.xml for more info but check it first for personal info.
That file is missing for some reason! I just checked. I still have the other one listed on there though....

Here's the other one, just change extention back to .dmp , I had to change it to txt so I could post it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Apr 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thenext8seconds View Post
That file is missing for some reason! I just checked. I still have the other one listed on there though....

Here's the other one, just change extention back to .dmp , I had to change it to txt so I could post it
Don't have the debugger configured to load that. Best guess with that error is definately driver related. Where'd you get that driver? What's the exact hardware?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2009   #5

Windows 7, of course.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Don't have the debugger configured to load that. Best guess with that error is definately driver related. Where'd you get that driver? What's the exact hardware?
Which driver? The one for Augidy SE? From here: Creative Worldwide Support

The Windows 7 one under the Beta Section


Oh yeah, it's happened twice now in the last 2 hours. Both times I had just removed a download from Utorrent seconds earlier.... But uTorrent has worked fine though ever since I've had Windows 7.

And how do I make it so the debugger will load that file?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2009   #6

Windows 7, of course.
 
 

Hey it just happened again! Again I tell you, I wasn't running uTorrent this time, so it's definitely not that. This time I found the other file though and made a copy of it onto my desktop so here ya go (Again I had to convert it from an XML file to a Test file because this forum will not allow attachments of XML, but it reads the exact same way...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thenext8seconds View Post
Which driver? The one for Augidy SE? From here: Creative Worldwide Support

The Windows 7 one under the Beta Section


Oh yeah, it's happened twice now in the last 2 hours. Both times I had just removed a download from Utorrent seconds earlier.... But uTorrent has worked fine though ever since I've had Windows 7.

And how do I make it so the debugger will load that file?
There's a Windows 7 driver on the Microsoft Update site that might work better -- and by better I mean not crashing your computer all the time

Version is 5.12.1.415. Just search for Audigy on Microsoft Update Catalog

You have to load the Windows DDK for the debugger to load that and do anything meaningful with it. It's what we like to call "non-trivial"

What's this new driver do that's important?

Edit: looked at XML file

<DRIVER>
<FILENAME>P17.sys</FILENAME>
<FILESIZE>1144320</FILESIZE>
<CREATIONDATE>02-25-2009 15:37:02</CREATIONDATE>
<VERSION>5.12.1.2013</VERSION>
<MANUFACTURER>Creative Technology Ltd.</MANUFACTURER>
<PRODUCTNAME></PRODUCTNAME>
</DRIVER>

The one on Microsoft Update is 5.12.1.415. Seems only build number difference. Can you try that as a last resort?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2009   #8

Windows 7, of course.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
There's a Windows 7 driver on the Microsoft Update site that might work better -- and by better I mean not crashing your computer all the time

Version is 5.12.1.415. Just search for Audigy on Microsoft Update Catalog

You have to load the Windows DDK for the debugger to load that and do anything meaningful with it. It's what we like to call "non-trivial"

What's this new driver do that's important?
Hmm, well my driver that windows update automatically downloaded for me WAS 5.12.1.2001 ......... The reason why I got that Windows 7 BETA Driver was because with the one that Windows Update automatically gave me, it did not let me choose 24-bit/96,000Hz.... Anyway, I rolled back to the 5.12.1.2001 and so far no BSOD's, I'll let you know if it stays that way. In the meantime, I'm going to search for that 5.12.1.415 to see if that's actually newer than 5.12.1.2001 and see how that works out for me...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2009   #9

Windows 7, of course.
 
 

Okay well 5.12.1.415 has an older date associated with it according to that Microsoft site than my previous 5.12.1.2001 which was the one that was working fine, only it didnt let me choose 24-bit/96,000Hz like I was able to when I was using this sound card on Vista. Also, 5.12.1.415 says it is WDM which none of the audio drivers I've had so far have been. I'll try it anyway though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2009   #10

Windows 7, of course.
 
 

Okay, I downloaded the files that that Microsoft website gave me for 5.12.1.415 but it was just a RAR or ZIP file , which I extracted, then there was a whole bunch of different kinds of files, I found one that said it was a setup file , so I right clicked it and hit install, but I still have 5.12.1.2001........

Anyway oh well, I guess I'll just have to get by without the 96,000Hz and settle for the 48,000Hz until Creative comes out with an official Windows 7 driver that's not in Beta and not so buggy (as in causing BSOD's). It does say on their website, that I shouldn't use it if I do critical things on my computer, and that there's no official support for it because it IS a Beta driver, but I suppose I can wait until Windows 7 is officially released to get my full 96,000Hz audio.

After all, this operating system is in beta, and of course so are they're fully-featured Windows 7 drivers, so that's what ya run the risk of. Oh well, I'm glad I'm pretty sure I know that that is what was causing it, so now I just had to roll back to 5.12.1.2001. At least I do have sound in the first place.... I guess who cares if it's not giving me the option for 96,000Hz.... I can wait. Thanks for all the help though man.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Just got my first BSOD




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33