hello, first post on these forums so apologies if I've missed any "ritual" thing I need to go through to post.
Straight to business, Been Bsoding ALOT since I built this system last month.
Basically, built it with the components shown in my avatar/name thing and installed windows 7. (nvm, It doesn't show up in the side bar, http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169532
- Asus M4A785TD-V EVO 785G Socket AM3 onboard DVI VGA HDMI 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173804
- Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM http://www.ebuyer.com/product/143854
- Antec 300 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/135514
- Corsair 650W TX Series PSU - 120mm Fan, 80+% Efficiency, Single +12V Rail http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164047
- AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2 GHz Socket AM3 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor http://www.ebuyer.com/product/177345
- Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3 Dominator Memory CL9 (9-9-9-24) (doesn't run full speed as the mobo only can run it at 1033mhz, but can OC to proper speeds, not sure if that's an issue)
I instantly noticed the PSU was faulty by making a strange buzzing sound. So, took that out, sent it back and got a replacement.
Keep in mind I was getting the same BSODS at that time as I am now.
It's BSOD'd 4 times out of game. Once in a "Steam" chat, once on desktop, once opening firefox, one in youtube.
The rest have been in games, the most noticeable BSODS are when i load up a Company of Heroes Multiplayer game I will BSOD within 20-30 seconds of the game starting.
Enclosed I will attach my minidump files, and a complete system overview thing that really doesn't make much sense to me but a moderator on another forum advised me to make.
This moderator noted that cdrom.sys is a possible fault
Keep in mind I've checked my memory with windows checker and memtest 4.0.
I've also checked my HDD with chkdsk /r (or something similair to that)
Graphics card was working fine for a year, and I've used multiple drivers
. (186.18, 195.36 and 196. something, I think those are the right ones)
The only drivers I updated as I installed 7 were the sound and video, I also recently installed and then uninstalled the chipset drivers, no change in either.
DirectX is fully updated
Not sure if allowed, but link to former forum posts
If linking isn't allowed I will remove.
I don't have anything to backup with, so reinstalling isn't an option currently, Going to grab an external soon but for now I'm looking to see if anyone else has an opinion on this.
Any more information please notify me, thanks in advance.