Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: My Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit Laptop Freezes.

01 Mar 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 
My Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit Laptop Freezes.

It started happening this Sunday (yesterday) that my laptop would freeze all of a sudden. I turned it on again and this time I didn't connect it to the internet. It seems to work fine as long as I'm not on the internet. When I'm on the internet, it takes about 15-45 secs to finally freeze up.

I scanned the laptop with 3 different programs.
  • Microsoft Security Essentials
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • SUPERAnti-Spyware
None of these programs seemed to have detected anything. I decided to come here for help instead now. I don't know what can be causing the problem.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #2

Windows 7
 
 

When you say "on the Internet" I'm assuming you mean you've opened up your browser? Or the actual connection to the network? If it's you opening a browser, which browser are you using?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nekkidtruth View Post
When you say "on the Internet" I'm assuming you mean you've opened up your browser? Or the actual connection to the network? If it's you opening a browser, which browser are you using?
No, when I say "on the internet", I mean when my computer connects to the wireless network. I still don't open up my browser. If in any case, I use Mozilla Firefox (Latest Version)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Mar 2010   #4

Windows 7
 
 

Ok. Just wanted to make sure. Some people don't understand that opening their browser isn't "connecting to the Internet" That aside, do you have the latest drivers for your wireless network adapter?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

I'm not really sure. Even if I were able to update, my computer would just freeze again. And worse up, even during an installation. Can freezing up actually be by having an outdated wireless adapter?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #6

Windows 7
 
 

If the drivers are out of date and or buggy, yes it's perfectly possible. If you can download the drivers for your wireless network adapter on another machine and put them on a disk, you could install them on your machine that way. This is just the start of basic troubleshooting of course. Once we've established you're using the correct/up-to-date drivers, we can move on to something else should the issue continue. But the majority of the time a simple driver update or reinstall can resolve something like this. Assuming it isn't related to something else
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nekkidtruth View Post
If the drivers are out of date and or buggy, yes it's perfectly possible. If you can download the drivers for your wireless network adapter on another machine and put them on a disk, you could install them on your machine that way. This is just the start of basic troubleshooting of course. Once we've established you're using the correct/up-to-date drivers, we can move on to something else should the issue continue. But the majority of the time a simple driver update or reinstall can resolve something like this. Assuming it isn't related to something else
I'm going to go ahead and look for the latest drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

Well I had installed the drivers found on the gateway.com website. I restarted the computer and logged-in. Apparently, a few seconds later after my computer was loading up when it had just logged-on, a blue screen appeared about memory dump or something. It was just a bunch of white text on a blue screen.

Now it happens everytime I log-in. Not just once did it happen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #9

Windows 7
 
 

What is the error code it's giving you? Is the screen staying up long enough for you to grab the code? The most important portion is near the bottom where it says: 0x000000(0x000000,0x000000 etc) Obviously they won't be all zeroes. If it doesn't you'll need to go into Safe Mode and rollback the driver. Do you know what wireless card you have?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nekkidtruth View Post
What is the error code it's giving you? Is the screen staying up long enough for you to grab the code? The most important portion is near the bottom where it says: 0x000000(0x000000,0x000000 etc) Obviously they won't be all zeroes. If it doesn't you'll need to go into Safe Mode and rollback the driver. Do you know what wireless card you have?
Well, now the blue screen doesn't appear any more and it freezes up just like it used to. And it's an Atheros card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 My Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit Laptop Freezes.





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: My Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit Laptop Freezes.
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, encountering random freezes Performance & Maintenance
Solved Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit laptop will not detect headphones! Sound & Audio
Computer Freezes ACER Aspire M5300 windows 7 home premium 64 bit BSOD Help and Support
Kindle for PC on Windows Home Premium 64 freezes BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 Home Premium freezes often ! BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 Home Premium Sudden Freezes BSOD Help and Support
Dead Laptop - Transfer Windows Home Premium to New Computer? General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33