I have bought a new computer, thinking I could save some money by building and configure it myself. I happily installed Win 7 and booted - yay evereything works fine.. until BSOD and BSOD and BSOD all at random, even before installing any software.
Windows 7 - Version 6.1.7600 build 7600 x64
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GH
ATI radeon HD4870
3x A-data 2GB DDR2-1066+ plus series
Ok, my trials:
- windows problem - reinstalled windows. No change.
- driver problem, probably graphic card. Downloaded latest ATI Catalyst. No change.
- HDD problem - tested drive with WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic. No errors.
- windows problem (again), tried sfc /scannow. 2 files couldn't be restored: something with quarantine proxy
- memory problem, ran memtest86+, found a problem and found one stick with issues - removed it. No change.
- since the minidumps often points at "memory_corruption", i thought memory bios settings.. changed bios to "fail safe". No change.
- changed RAM timing and voltages in bios to manufacturer rated 5 5 5 15, 2.1V. No Change, got a feeling the BSOD's came more often though
BSODS occur as frequently in windows safe mode.
An excerpt of the minidumps, from Windbg: minidumps:
MSinfo32 and Minidumps attached
any idea how to proceed?