|09 Mar 2010||#1|
| || |
Save/Open Dialog box crash internet applications
Any application connected to the internet (From what I have tested, MSN messenger, Firefox and IE), when I use an open or save as dialog, the program freezes, then crashes.
The event viewer only shows an error message for IE, which states :
"Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc69e
Faulting module name: wpdshext.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb45
Exception code: 0xc0000006
Fault offset: 0x0006da4d
Faulting process id: 0x564
Faulting application start time: 0x01cabf4d395e5d41
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\wpdshext.dll
Report Id: 7ead31e2-2b40-11df-a7ab-fa00a56ec7b1"
"Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wpdshext.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Internet Explorer because of this error.
Program: Internet Explorer
The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.
Error value: C000009C
Disk type: 3"
Checkdisk doesnt seem to do anything, can anyone help me?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Save/Open Dialog box crash internet applications|
|Save As/Open Dialog not opening in any/all programs. Causes crash.||Software|
|Saving 32bit open/save dialog box views||General Discussion|
|Windows Open and Save As Dialog Boxes cannot expand folders||General Discussion|
|Save Dialog Crash||Microsoft Office|
|Open/Save Dialog Folders Missing||General Discussion|
|Errors whenever dialog box for open/save||General Discussion|
|file downloads - no open/save dialog||Browsers & Mail|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.