Hi, I'm using Windows 7 starter on my netbook. I wanted to change the desktop wallpaper by doing this:
1. Click start and type [COLOR=#0072BC ! important][COLOR=#0072BC ! important]regedit[/COLOR][/COLOR]
in the search box or run
2. Go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\” folder and click on it
3. On the right hand side you will find a bunch of entries. Find the key named “[COLOR=#0072BC ! important][COLOR=#0072BC ! important]wallpaper[/COLOR][/COLOR]
” and double click on it and put the path of the picture you want as your new wallpaper (example path is “C:\Users\Big Dan\Pictures\new wallpaper.jpg”)
4. Right-click on the “Desktop” folder in left pane click Permissions.
5. Click “Advanced”
6. Go to “Owner” tab, highlight your name in the box that says ‘Change owner to’ ( There are only two choices the other is Administrator )… once your user name is highlighted click “OK”
7. Click on “Advanced” again
8. Uncheck the button that reads “Include inheritable permissions from the object’s parent”… click “Remove” when prompted
9. Click “Add”
10. Type “Everyone” and click “OK”
11. Check Allow “Read Control” and click “OK”
12. Click “OK” again
13. Highlight “Everyone” and check to Allow “Read” and click “OK”
14. Restart [COLOR=#0072BC ! important][COLOR=#0072BC ! important]Computer[/COLOR][/COLOR]
After I did that, restarting didn't work anymore. I can login as a user, and then I see the mouse pointer as if it is loading, then a blink and then jumps back to loading pointer again.
I decided to do a system recovery from hard drive by pressing alt+F10 on startup. That didn't do it either, it said something like 'complete your setup first before recovery'
thanks if someone could help me