Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: BSoD Help: APC Index Mismatch

17 Mar 2010   #1

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
BSoD Help: APC Index Mismatch

Hello,

I'm new here, this is my first post as I'm at my wits end to why I keep getting a BSoD and how to solve it. I hope someone on here might be able to help me.

I've not had it for a few weeks now but today it's done it around 5 times whenever I have tried moving photos from one folder in My Documents to a sub-folder. At first I thought I was doing too many but it started occuring when I tried moving just one file.

Below is the dump file information, which doesn't make much sense to me.

Any help would be most appreciated. If you require any further info from me just ask.

Thanks.

Dump file:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1
BCP1: 000000007782040A
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: FFFFF88008E5ECA0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\031610-17425-01.dmp
C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-39343-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Mar 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lynxboy View Post
Hello,

I'm new here, this is my first post as I'm at my wits end to why I keep getting a BSoD and how to solve it. I hope someone on here might be able to help me.

I've not had it for a few weeks now but today it's done it around 5 times whenever I have tried moving photos from one folder in My Documents to a sub-folder. At first I thought I was doing too many but it started occuring when I tried moving just one file.

Below is the dump file information, which doesn't make much sense to me.

Any help would be most appreciated. If you require any further info from me just ask.

Thanks.

Dump file:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1
BCP1: 000000007782040A
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: FFFFF88008E5ECA0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\031610-17425-01.dmp
C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-39343-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Hi and welcome

We need the actual DMP file. Use these to find and upload it to us. http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

Thanks

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #3

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Hello Ken,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have followed the procedure in the link you provided but there is some bad news.

The minidump folder within C:\Windows is empty, even with the 'show hidden folders' option enabled, it still shows nothing.

Any further ideas?

Regards, Adam.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Mar 2010   #4

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lynxboy View Post
Hello Ken,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have followed the procedure in the link you provided but there is some bad news.

The minidump folder within C:\Windows is empty, even with the 'show hidden folders' option enabled, it still shows nothing.

Any further ideas?

Regards, Adam.
just make sure all these parameters are set then wait for your next bluescreen
to setup minidumps and stop the auto restart ...............
  1. Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
  2. Click on the Advanced tab
  3. Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
  4. Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
  5. Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
  6. Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
  7. Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

also make sure your swop file is on the same drive as your Operating System ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #5

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Thanks for the replies so far and sorry for the delay in responding; it hasn't dumped for a while until now, twice.

I attach the .dmp files in a zipped folder.

One thing to note, when I let it do its start up after a dump, it takes much longer and eventually comes up with this message:

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".

I just press reset on the front of the PC and it starts up as normal.

Any help in rectifying this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam

P.S. The dump screens only appear when I'm moving files about. I use Flight Simulator X with plenty of add-ons as well and as you might be aware, FSX is one heavy load on the system and I've never had that crash on me!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #6

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lynxboy View Post
Thanks for the replies so far and sorry for the delay in responding; it hasn't dumped for a while until now, twice.

I attach the .dmp files in a zipped folder.

One thing to note, when I let it do its start up after a dump, it takes much longer and eventually comes up with this message:

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".

I just press reset on the front of the PC and it starts up as normal.

Any help in rectifying this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam

P.S. The dump screens only appear when I'm moving files about. I use Flight Simulator X with plenty of add-ons as well and as you might be aware, FSX is one heavy load on the system and I've never had that crash on me!
Windows Debugger shows this as an APC_INDEX_MISMATCH bugcheck 1 and at this point I think it's likely to be a device and driver that's incompatible but updating these drivers might fix it .......
Quote:
RtNdPt60.sys fffff880`07eb3000 fffff880`07ebf000 0x0000c000 0x475dfad0 11/12/2007 02:49:52
AsIO.sys fffff880`03f7e000 fffff880`03f85000 0x00007000 0x47663d55 17/12/2007 09:11:49
ElRawDsk.sys fffff880`02dd6000 fffff880`02de0000 0x0000a000 0x488b65ed 26/07/2008 17:59:09
purendis.sys fffff880`07e8f000 fffff880`07e9b000 0x0000c000 0x490695a0 28/10/2008 04:31:28
pnarp.sys fffff880`07e83000 fffff880`07e8f000 0x0000c000 0x4906a9ac 28/10/2008 05:57:00
RtNdPt60.sys driver belongs to to your Realtek NDIS Protocol Networking Driver
AsIO.sys is a driver for the ASUS Probe V by ASUSTeK Computer Inc , this has been known to cause crashes with old versions ?
ElRawDsk.sys is a RawDisk Driver from EldoS Corporation
purendis.sys is something from Network Magicand your NDIS Relay Driver from Pure Networks, Inc. possibly included with your realtek driver ?
pnarp.sys another component in your network magic program ?

Do you have the latest bios for your ASUS motherboard ?
And what antivirus and or third party firewall are you running ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #7

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

I'm not aware of having updated the bios for my motherboard; is this something that is easily done?

Antivirus and firewall is all done through System Mechanic Pro, something I've never had an issue with.

I had ASUS Probe but uninstalled it as I deemed it unnecessary and I too read of problems with it, could this be a lingering file?

My wireless network adapter is a Linksys (Cisco) Wireless-N PCI dual-band adapter [WMP600N]; would this be the one you think is included with the Realtek driver?

My Graphics drivers aren't the most recent ones as I've kept older ones running only because when I updated them last time, it caused me problems with Flight Sim and I found using the previous ones kept it running smooth without problems.

Thanks for the 'decoding' and your response - greatly appreciated.

Adam
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lynxboy View Post
Hello Ken,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have followed the procedure in the link you provided but there is some bad news.

The minidump folder within C:\Windows is empty, even with the 'show hidden folders' option enabled, it still shows nothing.

Any further ideas?

Regards, Adam.

On some systems the DMP file is located in c:\windows. Or you can just do a search for *.DMP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Mar 2010   #9

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lynxboy View Post
I'm not aware of having updated the bios for my motherboard; is this something that is easily done?

Antivirus and firewall is all done through System Mechanic Pro, something I've never had an issue with.

I had ASUS Probe but uninstalled it as I deemed it unnecessary and I too read of problems with it, could this be a lingering file?

My wireless network adapter is a Linksys (Cisco) Wireless-N PCI dual-band adapter [WMP600N]; would this be the one you think is included with the Realtek driver?

My Graphics drivers aren't the most recent ones as I've kept older ones running only because when I updated them last time, it caused me problems with Flight Sim and I found using the previous ones kept it running smooth without problems.

Thanks for the 'decoding' and your response - greatly appreciated.

Adam
yes bios updates can make a major difference to system stability and operation and is comparatively simple and safe nowadays, look for a utility on your motherboard manufacturers website

was system mechanic pro installed and in use from the time you started experiencing bluescreen crashes ?
unfortunately system mechanic pro has proven to cause bluescreen errors on systems with windows7 so I suggest unninstall it and replace with MSE at least for the purposes of debugging

with the ASUS probe it depends if you unninstalled it after the date of the .dmp files you uploaded, otherwise yes it's a lingering driver that needs removing ?

at this point I suggest you find the latest drivers for your hardware and get your system updated, and regarding the gfx card drivers I am finding pretty much 50% of bluescreen crashes are caused by old drivers or faulty hardware

let us know how you are getting on and post any more minidump files if you get a bluescreen crash
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Mar 2010   #10

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Well I'm pleased to report that everything is working ok now. I guess that's to be expected seeing as I formatted my HD and reinstalled Windows.

Cheating I know but even moving files around to back up was causing crashes and it was happening ever more frequently.

I've reinstalled the basics, no extra utilities from ASUS for the motherboard and have updated all my drivers with the latest. So far so good. I transferred 4Gb of data in one go, it took a few minutes but it did it without crashing!

I've also installed MSE as you have recommended - never knew about this.

Thanks for everyones help - it has been much appreciated.

Adam
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSoD Help: APC Index Mismatch





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSoD Help: APC Index Mismatch
Thread Forum
BSOD at random times - APC Index Mismatch BSOD Help and Support
BSOD APC Index Mismatch 0x1 - please help BSOD Help and Support
BSOD with APC Index Mismatch BSOD Help and Support
APC Index Mismatch bod crash blue screen BSOD Help and Support
APC Mismatch BSOD Help and Support
BSOD crashes APC Index Mismatch BSOD Help and Support
APC Index mismatch HELP!!! BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33