Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: GSOD crashes only whilst playing games

20 Mar 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 
GSOD crashes only whilst playing games

Hey guys,
OK, basically i'm having GSODs (grey striped screen of death) whenever I try to play Borderlands or BFBC2..its always about 3-5mins into the game and ALWAYS happens. The odd thing is that I was playing L4D2 for months with not a sniff of a BSOD until now.
I've gone through test after test after test and made little progress into finding out whats wrong + i've replaced the PSU, HDD & RAM in the hope that these might be causing the issues without getting into big ££s for a new GPU, CPU or MB.
The system is circa Oct 09...so components are still fairly new.

I'm not familiar with the more intrinsic areas of the PC like the Bios settings as i've never had a reason to be familiar with them so i've left my voltage settings on auto as I wouldn't have a clue as to what voltages I need to set everything to.
I've attached an analysis file in the hope that someone much cleverer than me can tell me what's wrong.

Thanks guys!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Mar 2010   #2
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ragefree View Post
Hey guys,
OK, basically i'm having GSODs (grey striped screen of death) whenever I try to play Borderlands or BFBC2..its always about 3-5mins into the game and ALWAYS happens. The odd thing is that I was playing L4D2 for months with not a sniff of a BSOD until now.
I've gone through test after test after test and made little progress into finding out whats wrong + i've replaced the PSU, HDD & RAM in the hope that these might be causing the issues without getting into big ££s for a new GPU, CPU or MB.
The system is circa Oct 09...so components are still fairly new.

I'm not familiar with the more intrinsic areas of the PC like the Bios settings as i've never had a reason to be familiar with them so i've left my voltage settings on auto as I wouldn't have a clue as to what voltages I need to set everything to.
I've attached an analysis file in the hope that someone much cleverer than me can tell me what's wrong.

Thanks guys!
Hello Welcome to SF,

I guess it one of the Hardware that has caused the problem. Follow this link it should help you http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

Quote:
Run the Memory Diagnostic & HD Diagnostic

Also i would recommend to run System Integrity Checker
Start > Run > CMD >Right Click and Run as administrator > SFC/ SCANNOW
Validate whether the Windows is Genuine or Not: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/

Also i found that there is something worng with your Keybroard i guess the drivers are missing.

Code:
Standard PS/2 Keyboard ACPI\PNP0303\4&23F9C1E3&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Also ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY which is well known for problems please remove it. Go to Device Manager there you can find it just disable it from there. If you have installed any Asus Utilities uninstall it.

Code:
ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY ACPI\ATK0110\1010110 39
Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #3

Windows 7 x64
 
 

After you followed Captain Jack Sparrow instructions, I recommend trying to use memtestx86+ 4.0. Run 5 to 10 pass if possible. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool


Quote:

Also ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY which is well known for problems please remove it. Go to Device Manager there you can find it just disable it from there. If you have installed any Asus Utilities uninstall it.

Code:
ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY ACPI\ATK0110\1010110 39
Hope this helps,
Captain
I had problem updating this device throuth windows update. I was thinking it would not be a problem to leave it there. Since I'm not experiencing any issue with this device, should I keep it ?

Sorry to bother you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Mar 2010   #4
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Hello Mate,

ATK0110 is well know for problem if you just go through our Crash and Debug thread we can see most of them resolved BSOD just by disabling or uninstall it. I have mention about MemTest86+ on the link

Hope that helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #5

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Hello Mate,

ATK0110 is well know for problem if you just go through our Crash and Debug thread we can see most of them resolved BSOD just by disabling or uninstall it. I have mention about MemTest86+ on the link

Hope that helps,
Captain
Sorry to double post the same advice about memory. I readed too fast I think.
I'll try your advice with the atk0110 drivers just to make sure.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

I fixed this GSOd By turning the Cpu FSB from 333 to 266 and ram from 1333 to 1066
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 GSOD crashes only whilst playing games





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: GSOD crashes only whilst playing games
Thread Forum
BSOD whilst playing various games. Also happens when not playing games BSOD Help and Support
Random computer Freeze whilst playing games and w BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD after start-up and whilst playing several games BSOD Help and Support
GSOD while playing games Graphic Cards
BSOD whilst playing games BSOD Help and Support
BSOD whilst playing games BSOD Help and Support
BSOD, random crashes whilst playing LOTRO and black screen BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33