I have a desktop PC (2 years old) recently its been a real problem when booting up. I was running XP Pro, so thought I would replace the Systems Hard drive (C) and install Windows7 Home edition. This had made no difference
. When I had XP Pro, I removed two of the hard drives, Firewire Card, Sound Car, USB additional card, disconected both CD Roms, but nothing cured the boot-up problem.
I am wondering if It could be a BIOS problem (perhaps needs updating after 2 years use and no updates) or could it be the Graphics Card, memory or even the mother board. Any suggestions what I should do next. It's driving me mad.
The strange thing is it will always reboot as it did several times with the (Clean install) woith Windows7. If you shut it down it's a major problem. I usually have to boot-up to the BIOS and select exit with no changed to get it to function. ------------------------------------------------------ PC Spec. 1. Motherboard: ASUS P5KC AiLifestyle Series iP35 Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX 2. Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Part No BX80557E6850 - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz Socket 775 4MB Cache 1333MHz FSB Retail Boxed Processor 3. RAM PC8500 (1066 MHz) 4 x Corsair 1GB PC2-8500 C5 XMS2 Dominator (2 twin packs) (4GB total) 4. Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB SATA 10KRPM 16MB Cache - OEM – 5 Year Warranty. (20.03.2010 - Replaced with new Western Digital WD1500HLFS 150GB Hard Drive SATAII 10000rpm 16MB Cache - OEM WD VelociRaptor).
5. Hard Disc 2 (500gb) Seagate ST3500630AS 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 16MB Cache 7200RPM – OEM
6. 1 x Western Digital 750GB HD SATA300 7200rpm 32MB Cache Caviar Black OEM
7. Case – Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos Full Tower Case – inv 4 large fans (all ready purchased)
8. Power Supply (PSU) Coolermaster RealPower Pro 850W Modular PSU
9. Graphic Card, Nvidia GeForce 8600GTS 512MB PCI-E - Manufacturer code: 8600GTS
10. Belkin FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 PCI Express card. (Not currently fitted - software installation required first)
11. DVD drives x 2