Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Lost applications

21 Mar 2010   #1

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
 
 
Lost applications

Guy I need some help with this strange problem. Everything is running fine on my Windows 7 64bit rig. Here is the problem for some reason the things in my start menu that open a internet link, and some desktop icons will not open due to the error( LOST APPLICATION FOR --- ) LIKE OPEN MY LOGITECH SETPOINT on my desktop for update the drivers and AMD RAIDXPERT LOGIN I get the same error. But I can go to IE and open them from there by typeing them in the url. I could open my setpoint for logitech on the desktop and click on support and it would open the support page but now it will not?? Something has changed, I use disk cleanup on the Windows 7 TOOLS, maybe something like that did something I don't know. Please help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Mar 2010   #2
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

You were probably working off some temporary files that were wiped out. Why don't you make new shortcuts of the things you are missing and go from there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #3

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
 
 



I think you are right I most of wipe them out some how..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Mar 2010   #4
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

But that's easy to fix. Do you need further help?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2010   #5

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
 
 

What is the easiest way to fix this? Thanks for all the help..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2010   #6
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M YANCEY View Post
What is the easiest way to fix this? Thanks for all the help..
Are those URL's (webaddresses)? If yes, bring the webpage up in IE, grab the icon in front of the URL and pull it to the dektop (your IE window needs to be small enough so that you can see the desktop). Then you have a shortcut that you can put wherever you like.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2010   #7

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
 
 

I tried it yesterday and it will not work for some reason???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2010   #8
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M YANCEY View Post
I tried it yesterday and it will not work for some reason???
What does not work?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2010   #9

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M YANCEY View Post
Guy I need some help with this strange problem. Everything is running fine on my Windows 7 64bit rig. Here is the problem for some reason the things in my start menu that open a internet link, and some desktop icons will not open due to the error( LOST APPLICATION FOR --- ) LIKE OPEN MY LOGITECH SETPOINT on my desktop for update the drivers and AMD RAIDXPERT LOGIN I get the same error. But I can go to IE and open them from there by typeing them in the url. I could open my setpoint for logitech on the desktop and click on support and it would open the support page but now it will not?? Something has changed, I use disk cleanup on the Windows 7 TOOLS, maybe something like that did something I don't know. Please help.

Do you have a backup you can restore? Do you have a win 7 dvde that you can boot from so you can do a repair install?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2010   #10

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M YANCEY View Post
What is the easiest way to fix this? Thanks for all the help..
Are those URL's (webaddresses)? If yes, bring the webpage up in IE, grab the icon in front of the URL and pull it to the dektop (your IE window needs to be small enough so that you can see the desktop). Then you have a shortcut that you can put wherever you like.
This is what I did that did not work. But the AMD link will work form IE but not from the disktop. And you cannot run a repair with a raid array, It can't find the MBR..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Lost applications




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Lost applications
Thread Forum
Lost my HP Touchsmart LOGO since I lost resetted my BIOS (I guess) Hardware & Devices
Lost Applications General Discussion
Lost boot,lost partition, lost OS. Hardware & Devices
Applications can not launch other applications General Discussion
Pinning applications to other applications? General Discussion
Net Applications Network & Sharing
Lost Dual Boot Screen?...Lost Windows 7 General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33