|22 Mar 2010||#1|
| || |
display driver crashes after Sleep Mode?
So I wake the computer out of sleep mode and use it for a few minutes but get this message soon afterwards (along with the computer freezing).
1. The computer "slows down," music/video lags, mouse response also lags
2. Screen goes black for a few seconds
3. Screen returns to normal, but mouse and keyboard not functional aka "frozen"
4. Message pops up: "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 196.21 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
5. Since I still cannot do anything, I must do a hard reboot.
Apparently, despite this message, the driver has NOT successfully recovered, or at the very least, hasn't fully recovered.
What could be causing this problem? I am using S3 Sleep Mode.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: display driver crashes after Sleep Mode?|
|Display Driver Crashes in Normal Windows Mode||Drivers|
|Constant display driver crashes out of safe mode multiple times a min.||Graphic Cards|
|BSOD crashes associated with Sleep mode||BSOD Help and Support|
|Crashes in Sleep mode||BSOD Help and Support|
|Windows 7 Crashes upon Sleep mode||BSOD Help and Support|
|Sleep mode crashes PC||BSOD Help and Support|
|Windows 7 Crashes in sleep mode||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.