Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Driver IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL

03 Apr 2010   #1

win 7 ultimate 64
 
 
BSOD Driver IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL

So yeah ive had this problem for about a week now, cant get into my xp or win 7 dual boot system...ive tried:

memtest86...passed all 8 tests(I have 4 gigs) I've also tried swapping the 2 DIMMS around in every possible combination possible.
I've restored my cmos settings to both optimized defaults and fail safe defaults...no success..

Ive tried using a windows 7 disk, go into the repair my computer, says it finds errors, fixes them supposedly and restarts...then same shit...

Safe mode in any form will not get me into the OS whatsoever otherwise I would have looked over my minidumps a long time ago.


There is no way to get to anywhere where I can interact with the system. Im going
to attach a picture of my display with the BSOD

I can boot live with a fedora live CD that I have from school, but can't access anything on the NTFS partitions of course, which leads me to believe that my Windows 7 and XP 64 dual boot installations are deadlocking over a resource possibly???

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Nick

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Apr 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gantley82 View Post
So yeah ive had this problem for about a week now, cant get into my xp or win 7 dual boot system...ive tried:

memtest86...passed all 8 tests(I have 4 gigs) I've also tried swapping the 2 DIMMS around in every possible combination possible.
I've restored my cmos settings to both optimized defaults and fail safe defaults...no success..

Ive tried using a windows 7 disk, go into the repair my computer, says it finds errors, fixes them supposedly and restarts...then same shit...

Safe mode in any form will not get me into the OS whatsoever otherwise I would have looked over my minidumps a long time ago.


There is no way to get to anywhere where I can interact with the system. Im going
to attach a picture of my display with the BSOD

I can boot live with a fedora live CD that I have from school, but can't access anything on the NTFS partitions of course, which leads me to believe that my Windows 7 and XP 64 dual boot installations are deadlocking over a resource possibly???

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Nick

Known problem with storport.sys. look here You randomly receive a "Stop 0x0000000A" error in Storport.sys when you start Windows Vista


Let us know if you need help with it

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2010   #3

win 7 ultimate 64
 
 

Im not running windows vista at all...never have been. I have a dual boot of windows xp 64bit and windows 7 ultimate 64 bit...either way, im still not sure how i can do any of these things considering the windows 7 disk, safe mode, safe mode with /cmd , nor w/ net support wont get me to a location where I can interact with the OS at all...let alone run an update from within? Im confused...yet totally not a noob to windows packages at all....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Apr 2010   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gantley82 View Post
Im not running windows vista at all...never have been. I have a dual boot of windows xp 64bit and windows 7 ultimate 64 bit...either way, im still not sure how i can do any of these things considering the windows 7 disk, safe mode, safe mode with /cmd , nor w/ net support wont get me to a location where I can interact with the OS at all...let alone run an update from within? Im confused...yet totally not a noob to windows packages at all....
Sorry should have been more specific. It is a known problem in both vista and win 7. If you have the board mentioned and have 4 gigs of ram, it will usally give you grief.

If the conditions are met, just yank half the ram and it might cure it.

Let us know

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2010   #5

win 7 ultimate 64
 
 

I just popped one of the dimms out and rebooted...its still running super duper slow...just now got to wanting to check the partitions for consistency, which im not doing because I know they are fine. So basically the question still remains...how do I get to a level where I can interact with the OS? These hotfixes all assume I am able to get in there somehow...thats not happening by any convention that I know possible and ive been using windows for 15 years lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2010   #6

win 7 ultimate 64
 
 

If I try to enter it through safemode it stops loading at classpnp.sys in windows 7, it doesnt even get that far in xp, and last time i even tried xp it just restarted after about 2 seconds of displaying the loading screen...if i can just get to the command line with cd/dvd drivers i can burn the exe onto a dvd real fast on my laptop(which is what im on right now)...but im not really sure how to get there at this point
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2010   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gantley82 View Post
I just popped one of the dimms out and rebooted...its still running super duper slow...just now got to wanting to check the partitions for consistency, which im not doing because I know they are fine. So basically the question still remains...how do I get to a level where I can interact with the OS? These hotfixes all assume I am able to get in there somehow...thats not happening by any convention that I know possible and ive been using windows for 15 years lol
The only way is from DVD or USB. If we can boot from something (and shift f10) to get us to a cmd prompt there are other options.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2010   #8

win 7 ultimate 64
 
 

Im trying to boot from the windows 7 dvd right now...everything just takes soooo long, I get to where it loads the mouse icon yet still a black screen before the language selection and it sits there.....so thats where i can get to at this point, cant even get to where shift f10 is even useable right now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Driver IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD Driver IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL
Thread Forum
'Driver IRQL not less or equal' BSOD BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD driver irql not less than or equal to BSOD Help and Support
Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal BSOD Help and Support
Solved Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal BSOD BSOD Help and Support
BSOD: Driver Irql Not Less Or Equal BSOD Help and Support
BSOD (driver IRQL not less or equal) BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33