Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD during prime95 test?

30 Apr 2010   #1

Window 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
BSOD during prime95 test?

Hello guys,

I was doing a prime95 test to see if my system is stable or not and it errored within 5 minutes of the test and then I received a BSOD saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I am not sure what the values are but I checked the event viewer and it says

- System

+ Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-04-30T06:43:23.187617000Z

EventRecordID 14037

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Phong-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18
Event Data
BugcheckCode 10
BugcheckParameter1 0x9eb101
BugcheckParameter2 0x2
BugcheckParameter3 0x1
BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff80002c83504
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0


I ran memtest86+ for 24 hrs and got no error.

I've look around in the forums and google and can't seem to locate what the problem really is. I did not overclock anything in my computer.

I also tried running prime95 small FFT test, and no errors was presented after about two hrs. When I tried the blend test again however, it errored very quickly and another bsod showed up saying:

STOP 0x00000007F (0x0000000000000008, 0x000000008005003, 0x00000000000006F8, 0xFFFFF88001856175)

tcpip.sys -> address 0xFFFFF88001856175 at FFFFF8800180000

My computer specs are :
i7 920 2.66 ghz
6gb rams OCZ gold 8-8-8-24 (1600mhz)
XFX ATI 5850
Corsair 850TX 850W
ASUS P6x58d premium motherboard
Window 7 Ultimate x64

Attached is my minidump files. One of them is because of an xbox controller driver xusb21.dll and the others I do not know.

Thank you in advance for the help guys.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Apr 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prime95 Website
The "Blend" test uses FFTs with sizes which range from very small to very large. The FFTs are not run in-place so the tests cycle through RAM. The blend test automatically picks a "Memory to use" value which uses up all the RAM in the computer. This is the version of the test which is most likely to fail if you have bad RAM
I have a gut feeling you may have a bad stick of ram being the blend test works very closely with ALL of your ram in your machine.

have you had any issues with ram not being reported properly?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dbzx View Post
Hello guys,

I was doing a prime95 test to see if my system is stable or not and it errored within 5 minutes of the test and then I received a BSOD saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I am not sure what the values are but I checked the event viewer and it says

- System

+ Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-04-30T06:43:23.187617000Z

EventRecordID 14037

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Phong-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18
Event Data
BugcheckCode 10
BugcheckParameter1 0x9eb101
BugcheckParameter2 0x2
BugcheckParameter3 0x1
BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff80002c83504
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0


I ran memtest86+ for 24 hrs and got no error.

I've look around in the forums and google and can't seem to locate what the problem really is. I did not overclock anything in my computer.

I also tried running prime95 small FFT test, and no errors was presented after about two hrs. When I tried the blend test again however, it errored very quickly and another bsod showed up saying:

STOP 0x00000007F (0x0000000000000008, 0x000000008005003, 0x00000000000006F8, 0xFFFFF88001856175)

tcpip.sys -> address 0xFFFFF88001856175 at FFFFF8800180000

My computer specs are :
i7 920 2.66 ghz
6gb rams OCZ gold 8-8-8-24 (1600mhz)
XFX ATI 5850
Corsair 850TX 850W
ASUS P6x58d premium motherboard
Window 7 Ultimate x64

Attached is my minidump files. One of them is because of an xbox controller driver xusb21.dll and the others I do not know.

Thank you in advance for the help guys.
Hello !!

I believe it's a bad SoftK56 Modem the Dump is pointing to Vstcnxt6.sys. I would recommend to remove the Modem drivers completely and remove the Modem from your Tower and let the PC run for few day. Because the Dump file says it's an Hardware issue as well that's why i suspect it's a bad Modem.

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800501f028, b2000000, 10005}
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\VSTCNXT6.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VSTCNXT6.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VSTCNXT6.SYS
Probably caused by : hardware
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
2: kd> !thread;!analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck;
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ec5000
THREAD fffffa8003d9fb60  Cid 0004.1018  Teb: 0000000000000000 Win32Thread: 0000000000000000 RUNNING on processor 2
Not impersonating
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002e03b74
Owning Process            fffffa8003cd4740       Image:         System
Attached Process          N/A            Image:         N/A
fffff78000000000: Unable to get shared data
Wait Start TickCount      31291        
Context Switch Count      7076             
ReadMemory error: Cannot get nt!KeMaximumIncrement value.
UserTime                  00:00:00.000
KernelTime                00:00:00.000
Win32 Start Address VSTCNXT6 (0xfffff8800451c714)
Stack Init fffff88008d14db0 Current fffff88008d14a90
Base fffff88008d15000 Limit fffff88008d0f000 Call 0
Priority 27 BasePriority 8 UnusualBoost 0 ForegroundBoost 0 IoPriority 2 PagePriority 5
Child-SP          RetAddr           : Args to Child                                                           : Call Site
fffff880`0316ba58 fffff800`0320c903 : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0501f028 00000000`b2000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0316ba60 fffff800`02da3513 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`05020ea0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05020ef0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`0316baa0 fffff800`0320c5c8 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`05020ea0 fffff880`0316be30 fffff880`0316be00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`0316bb00 fffff800`0320bf1a : fffffa80`05020ea0 fffff880`0316be30 fffffa80`05020ea0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`0316bc50 fffff800`0320bdd5 : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0316beb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`0316bc90 fffff800`031ffe88 : fffffa80`052781c0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`0316bcc0 fffff800`02c8d7ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`0316bcf0 fffff800`02c8d613 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`0316be30 fffff880`0451c37f : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153 (TrapFrame @ fffff880`0316be30)
fffff880`08d14bc0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : VSTCNXT6+0xc337f
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800501f028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b2000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000010005, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_GenuineIntel
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
CURRENT_IRQL:  f
STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`0316ba58 fffff800`0320c903 : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0501f028 00000000`b2000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0316ba60 fffff800`02da3513 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`05020ea0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05020ef0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`0316baa0 fffff800`0320c5c8 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`05020ea0 fffff880`0316be30 fffff880`0316be00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`0316bb00 fffff800`0320bf1a : fffffa80`05020ea0 fffff880`0316be30 fffffa80`05020ea0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`0316bc50 fffff800`0320bdd5 : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0316beb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`0316bc90 fffff800`031ffe88 : fffffa80`052781c0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`0316bcc0 fffff800`02c8d7ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`0316bcf0 fffff800`02c8d613 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`0316be30 fffff880`0451c37f : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
fffff880`08d14bc0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : VSTCNXT6+0xc337f

STACK_COMMAND:  kb
FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME:  hardware
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE
BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE
Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Apr 2010   #4

Window 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote:
I have a gut feeling you may have a bad stick of ram being the blend test works very closely with ALL of your ram in your machine.

have you had any issues with ram not being reported properly?
Nope not really.

Quote:
Hello !!

I believe it's a bad SoftK56 Modem the Dump is pointing to Vstcnxt6.sys. I would recommend to remove the Modem drivers completely and remove the Modem from your Tower and let the PC run for few day. Because the Dump file says it's an Hardware issue as well that's why i suspect it's a bad Modem
I have an onboard ethernet modem, so I don't understand what you mean by removing the modem from the tower.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dbzx View Post
I have an onboard ethernet modem, so I don't understand what you mean by removing the modem from the tower.
If its on-board then just uninstall the Modem drivers completely and disable the Modem from Device Manager !!

- Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #6

Window 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Update : I change the vcore setting from auto to 1.35V, and underclock the ram to 1066, and so far no bsod during prime95 test.
thanks for the information.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dbzx View Post
Update : I change the vcore setting from auto to 1.35V, and underclock the ram to 1066, and so far no bsod during prime95 test.
thanks for the information.
Slowing down the RAM could be your solution there, especially if for whatever reason the RAM is faulting at a higher speed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD during prime95 test?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD during prime95 test?
Thread Forum
BSOD running prime95 "Blend" torture test, error 0x00000124 (Win7 x64) BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while running Lare FFT in Prime95 BSOD Help and Support
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 Tutorials
ntsokrnl.exe BSOD when running Prime95 BSOD Help and Support
Daily BSOD's, some random, some during gaming (Prime95 Insta-BSOD) BSOD Help and Support
BSOD despite no errors in prime95, memtest, etc BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33