I have an old DELL latitude E6400 (keyboard issues) and... a new DELL latitude E6400, and two HDDs.
One HDD has WinXP, this hdd boots in both laptops. Another HDD is Windows 7, it boots OK in the old laptop - but BSOD at boot if inside the new laptop.
How do I move a hard drive from one system to another? Any tricks?
0) so, both are same e6400 model, look exactly the same
1) have different CPUs (8400 vs 8700)
2) different RAM amount 2GB vs 4GB
3) I am aware of 'disk controller driver
' trick, but Windows 7 is using 'standard dual IDE controller, i have tried deleting it with no benefit
4) i have tried deleting CPU 'drive' from device manager - no benefit :