|30 Apr 2010||#1|
BSOD after laptop replace
I have an old DELL latitude E6400 (keyboard issues) and... a new DELL latitude E6400, and two HDDs.
One HDD has WinXP, this hdd boots in both laptops. Another HDD is win7, it boots OK in the old laptop - but BSOD at boot if inside the new laptop.
How do I move a hard drive from one system to another? Any tricks?
0) so, both are same e6400 model, look exactly the same
1) have different CPUs (8400 vs 8700)
2) different RAM amount 2GB vs 4GB
3) I am aware of 'disk controller driver' trick, but win7 is using 'standard dual IDE controller, i have tried deleting it with no benefit
4) i have tried deleting CPU 'drive' from device manager - no benefit :
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD after laptop replace|
|Replace hard drive in HP Laptop without install discs||Hardware & Devices|
|Li-Fi might replace Wi-Fi||Chillout Room|
|Other BSOD after someone suggestion replace Display Card||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD- need to replace faulty driver on kernel stack||BSOD Help and Support|
|Need to Replace Laptop Battery||Hardware & Devices|
|How to replace keyboard in an Acer 7720Z Laptop||Hardware & Devices|
|replace Win 7 starter with Win 7 pro in mini laptop||Performance & Maintenance|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.