Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ntoskrnl.exe blue screen

17 May 2010   #1
jason786

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
ntoskrnl.exe blue screen

Hello

I have replaced the graphics card, hardrive and psu since I first got the BSOD messages and still nothing worked :/

I have attached the .dmp files


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 May 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jason786 View Post
We could use the actual DMP files. Use these to find and upload them to us. http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

thanks

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2010   #3
jason786

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jason786 View Post
We could use the actual DMP files. Use these to find and upload them to us. http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

thanks

Ken
Thanks, uploaded

Hope you guys can help, I've tried everywhere else
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 May 2010   #4
jason786

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Some more info:

So yeah, since first getting the blue screens a while back, my grpahics card, psu and hard drive have been changed

I have the latest video drivers for my graphics card and I just uninstalled AVG and put Avast on, but got a random restart :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #5
jason786

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
ntoskrnl.exe constant crash / random restart

Hello, so yeah I've been getting these blue screens for a while now, system specs are on my user so you can see those

I've changed my graphics card, psu, hardrive and OS during the course of these blue screens (like a year) and still get them.

I've run memtest86 and windows diagnostics but they say there are no memory errors, I even tried running the system on one stick but still got the blue screen.

I'm not sure if it's a driver error, but my video drivers are updated, I had to uninstall and delete the default one that came with Windows 7.

Help would be great
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jason786 View Post
Hello, so yeah I've been getting these blue screens for a while now, system specs are on my user so you can see those

I've changed my graphics card, psu, hardrive and OS during the course of these blue screens (like a year) and still get them.

I've run memtest86 and windows diagnostics but they say there are no memory errors, I even tried running the system on one stick but still got the blue screen.

I'm not sure if it's a driver error, but my video drivers are updated, I had to uninstall and delete the default one that came with Windows 7.

Help would be great
These seem to have been caused by win 7 files. I am not sure they were but just to be sure run a system file check
(type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow)

let us know the results

ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #7
jason786

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Ok running it now, but shouldn't those errors have been eliminated after all the clean installs I have done? When I was on vista, I formatted and reinstalled at least 4 times, and now the same thing on Windows 7

Edit: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #8
Pauly

Win7 Ultimate X64
 
 

You have quite a variety of error codes in the dumps you uploaded
19 0xa errors BSOD Index
8 0x3b errors BSOD Index
5 0x1e errors BSOD Index
2 0x7f errors BSOD Index
2 0x101 errors BSOD Index

I would start with basic hardware tests
RAM - download and run memtestx86 more info here Memory Diagnostics
HDD - download and run HDD diagnostics software, more info here HD Diagnostic

Also try a system file integrity check start>cmd.exe>right click run as admin>type sfc /scannow

Hope this helps post back your results
Paul
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 May 2010   #9
jason786

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
You have quite a variety of error codes in the dumps you uploaded
19 0xa errors BSOD Index
8 0x3b errors BSOD Index
5 0x1e errors BSOD Index
2 0x7f errors BSOD Index
2 0x101 errors BSOD Index

I would start with basic hardware tests
RAM - download and run memtestx86 more info here Memory Diagnostics
HDD - download and run HDD diagnostics software, more info here HD Diagnostic

Also try a system file integrity check start>cmd.exe>right click run as admin>type sfc /scannow

Hope this helps post back your results
Paul
Hey, I ran memtest86 but it didn't pick up any errors, nor did the HD Diagnostic test.

sfc /scannow said Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Is it definately a hardware error then?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 May 2010   #10
jason786

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Bump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ntoskrnl.exe blue screen




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Another Blue Screen - ntoskrnl.exe
Hello everyone, This is my first post here. I tried to follow the posting guidelines as best I could. The zip for my dump files should be attached. If you need additional information please let me know. A while back I started getting blue screen crashes. Once a day usually... sometimes even...
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen - ntoskrnl.exe?
Hi. I'm not very good with all the technical stuff, so I found the instructions in the Posting Instructions a little daunting. I will proceed to gether information that way if required, but I'm hoping this will do. I've had this pop up twice in two weeks, and this is what I get: ...
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen - ntoskrnl.exe
Just built a brand new computer. Reinstalled all the correct and up to date drivers. Everything to my knowledge is up to date. I keep getting random crashes and upon looking at the minidump, it seems to be all related to ntoskrnl.exe I get these constantly and without remorse. Doing anything on my...
BSOD Help and Support
Help! Blue screen - ntoskrnl.exe ?
Please Delete thread
BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen (ntoskrnl.exe)
Hi everybody! I have a problem with mi laptop, the blue screen appeas sometimes ONLY when I reset my laptop or when it's shutting down. The last time before yesterday was a month ago when it happens. My laptop specs are: - Sony Vaio VPCF1390x - Intel Core i7-740QM - 4GB Memory DDR3 - Blu-ray...
BSOD Help and Support
Ntoskrnl.exe Blue Screen
Hello First of all I would like to say that I would be very great full at whoever can help me. I have received over 50 blue screen errors due to "Ntoskrnl.exe" I have windows 7 ultimate-64bit and do not have a instilation disk. WHat could I do MAny Thanks:)
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:55.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App