Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD 0x0000007E stop error

30 May 2010   #1
inaniloquent

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 
BSOD 0x0000007E stop error

When I turn on my computer, I am able to log on but after a few minutes it crashes to this error message on the BSOD. Sometimes I can stay logged on for 20 mins or so but my programs don't work correctly, they have errors and need to close e.g javascript'd pages on firefox, windows live mail, google earth.

I have taken the hard drive out and placed it in another PC and had no problems whatsoever so I know it's something to do with the PC itself. Please help me


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 May 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by inaniloquent View Post
When I turn on my computer, I am able to log on but after a few minutes it crashes to this error message on the BSOD. Sometimes I can stay logged on for 20 mins or so but my programs don't work correctly, they have errors and need to close e.g javascript'd pages on firefox, windows live mail, google earth.

I have taken the hard drive out and placed it in another PC and had no problems whatsoever so I know it's something to do with the PC itself. Please help me

We need the actual DMP file created when the computer crashed. Use these to find and upload it. http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html


thanks

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #3
inaniloquent

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

i have attached the dump files, there are a few because it has crashed more than once
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 May 2010   #4
inaniloquent

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

more crashes have given me some information now, here is what they said:

IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
PAGE_FAULT_IN_UNPAGED_AREA
DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #5
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

The dump files point to hardware problems.

Quote:
STOP 0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

Usual causes: Device driver, ?Memory


STOP 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory


STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS

STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Usual causes: Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIO
Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 passes. Post back with the results and we will go from there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #6
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff1200add0ce5, 1, fffff80002f6b44a, 7}


Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SeCreateAccessStateEx+13a )

Followup: MachineOwner


*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffffa800529f2d0, 1, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDispatchException+1b9 )

Followup: MachineOwner


*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, e0000000, fffff880085a1080, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!AlpcpReceiveMessage+2d4 )

Followup: MachineOwner


*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C5, {0, 2, 0, fffff80002bac0f7}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+747 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
I found an obsolete driver : ASACPI.sys Oct 30 2006. It is a very old driver and appears to be an Asus driver that is part of the Asus suite. Recommend that you update this driver from Asus website or uninstall the software it is associated with.

If you update it, download the latest driver from the Asus website to your desktop. Using Device Manager, uninstall the old driver, and install the updated driver. Here is alink to a dicussion of this driver on the Asus forum:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- ASACPI.SYS BSOD

If you are overclocking, return your settings to the factory default settings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2010   #7
inaniloquent

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff1200add0ce5, 1, fffff80002f6b44a, 7}


Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SeCreateAccessStateEx+13a )

Followup: MachineOwner


*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffffa800529f2d0, 1, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDispatchException+1b9 )

Followup: MachineOwner


*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, e0000000, fffff880085a1080, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!AlpcpReceiveMessage+2d4 )

Followup: MachineOwner


*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C5, {0, 2, 0, fffff80002bac0f7}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+747 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
I found an obsolete driver : ASACPI.sys Oct 30 2006. It is a very old driver and appears to be an Asus driver that is part of the Asus suite. Recommend that you update this driver from Asus website or uninstall the software it is associated with.

If you update it, download the latest driver from the Asus website to your desktop. Using Device Manager, uninstall the old driver, and install the updated driver. Here is alink to a dicussion of this driver on the Asus forum:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- ASACPI.SYS BSOD

If you are overclocking, return your settings to the factory default settings.
Which one do i uninstall from the device manager? ACPI x64-based PC under the computer icon? what will happen when i uninstall that driver?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2010   #8
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I am not sure I understand your question. The driver to be uninstalled is asacpi.sys. If you have found an updated driver, you want to uninstall it through Device Manager.

If you have not found an updated driver, you have a couple of courses of action.

1. Uninstall the software (Asus Suite) that this driver is associated with.

2. Create a restore point. Using Windows Explorer, do a search for this driver. Rename it to asacpi.bak. Reboot.

3. If Asus has updated this software, install the updated software which should in turn update the driver.

As to what will happen, deleting the driver or renaming it and not replacing it with an updated version will likely adversely affect the software it is associated with. In short, the software may not work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2010   #9
inaniloquent

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
I am not sure I understand your question. The driver to be uninstalled is asacpi.sys. If you have found an updated driver, you want to uninstall it through Device Manager.

If you have not found an updated driver, you have a couple of courses of action.

1. Uninstall the software (Asus Suite) that this driver is associated with.

2. Create a restore point. Using Windows Explorer, do a search for this driver. Rename it to asacpi.bak. Reboot.

3. If Asus has updated this software, install the updated software which should in turn update the driver.

As to what will happen, deleting the driver or renaming it and not replacing it with an updated version will likely adversely affect the software it is associated with. In short, the software may not work.
But which one do I uninstall from the device manager? which section is it under? Computer? System devices? :S
also, i don't even have the software asus suite.. the only ATI/Asus software on my PC is my graphics card.. should i uninstall that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2010   #10
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Four different bugchecks in 6 dmps. That suggests hardware. One of the dmps even mentions memory_corruption.

Follow the advice Carl gave earlier. Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 passes.

Code:

BugCheck 50, {fffff1200add0ce5, 1, fffff80002f6b44a, 7}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SeCreateAccessStateEx+13a )
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffffa800529f2d0, 1, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDispatchException+1b9 )
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, e0000000, fffff880085a1080, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!AlpcpReceiveMessage+2d4 )
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffffc1, 1, fffff80002cee806, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!ExpFindCurrentThread+2a )
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
BugCheck 50, {fffff800277b8e18, 0, fffff80002ff04c9, 2}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiMapViewOfSection+1f9 )
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
BugCheck C5, {0, 2, 0, fffff80002bac0f7}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+747 )
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD 0x0000007E stop error




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Re-Imaged PC has BSOD Error ***STOP 0x0000007e
I am currently trying to re-image a Thinkcenter M92 Desktop and it appears that after I wiped the PC and re-imaged it the BSOD appears and the system loops. I have tried to start in the safe mode and normal mode and neither work. Yet if I installed just the Windows 7 Pro disc and use that to...
BSOD Help and Support
BSO Error STOP: 0x0000007E With any Mode
Hello, My computer was running all fine and dandy and then recently I got a STOP: 0x0000007E BSOD with my computer and it happened a few more times. As a result I reinstalled everything from scratch and reformatted the hard drive. Starting last night I can no longer boot up my computer in any...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Stop error code 0x0000007E
Greetings benevolent community. I have a Sony Vaio T series Laptop (Model SVT131A11W) made in China bought in India. Great machine while it lasted. Yesterday had trouble connecting to Skype. Decided to restart. The following appeared on the dreaded Blue Screen... Technical information: STOP:...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD random intervals, STOP error 0x0000007E, iaStor.sys
This problem has been occurring off and on for about 3 weeks now. Sometimes when playing a game, sometimes surfin the web and once when i left it idle on the login screen. This is the information from the last BSOD: STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF880012696B0, 0xFFFFF88003BB7798,...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD stop error: 0x0000007E
On Friday, my PC crashed and restarted with blue screen of death. Yesterday I was able to booted it once in Safe Mode. Since then I cannot boot (constantly crashes and restarts). Tried anything and everything I can think of without any success. I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS ON...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD STOP: 0x0000007E
After startup animation everytime I see BSOD. I tried all recovery options none succeded. I am attached the crach dump , can you please help me.
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

й Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App