Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Blue Screen Crash, Event ID 41, kernel-power

30 May 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Blue Screen Crash, Event ID 41, kernel-power

Having a problem when working in Photoshop, the screen display freezes, I then get a blue screen followed by the system rebooting. Event viewer lists ‘Event ID 41, kernel-power. I’m uploading the dump file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by epawelko View Post
Having a problem when working in Photoshop, the screen display freezes, I then get a blue screen followed by the system rebooting. Event viewer lists ‘Event ID 41, kernel-power. I’m uploading the dump file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

These were caused byt sbapifs.sys. Sbapifs.sys is related to SBAPIFS Active Protection Driver. Mfr sunbelt

Simply, you should un-install it.

You also have a hardware problem but that may simply be becasue of the sbapifs.

ken


[code]
Code:
[font=lucida console]
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880058867dc, fffff880028c2d60, 0}
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+37dc )
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
BugCheck F5, {6d, fffffa8006ac82e0, fffffa8006ac8280, 0}
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+1fe3 )
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880025327dc, fffff88004611d60, 0}
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+37dc )
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880057777dc, fffff8800912ad60, 0}
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+37dc )
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
BugCheck C2, {7, 1097, 1a0104, fffff8a00ad27e70}
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+1fdb )
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8005a0c028, f6200009, 2010a}
Probably caused by : hardware
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

I can't seem to locate the Sbapifs.sys file to uninstall and don't even know what it is associated to. Can you give me more detailed instructions?

Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 May 2010   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by epawelko View Post
I can't seem to locate the Sbapifs.sys file to uninstall and don't even know what it is associated to. Can you give me more detailed instructions?

Thanks!
Sure, reboot in safe mode (F8). Search for sbapifs.sys in search. open file location and delete.

Let us know if you cant find the file or cant delete it


Ke
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Thank you for all your help, I appreciate it!

I found the sbapifs.sys file located in the drivers folder. It says it’s related to Counter Spy version 3.1.2823, dated 2-22-2010. I don’t have this program but I do have Norton Internet Security 2010 and Ad-Aware Pro installed and always running in the background.

Would you know if this file is associated with a program I am using? The blue screen problem happens when I use a Photoshop plugin. I’m concerned that deleting this file may cause a software problem but I’m not sure what program is using this file. Is it possible that the driver became corrupt or could this problem be caused by a Trojan?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by epawelko View Post
Thank you for all your help, I appreciate it!

I found the sbapifs.sys file located in the drivers folder. It says it’s related to Counter Spy version 3.1.2823, dated 2-22-2010. I don’t have this program but I do have Norton Internet Security 2010 and Ad-Aware Pro installed and always running in the background.

Would you know if this file is associated with a program I am using? The blue screen problem happens when I use a Photoshop plugin. I’m concerned that deleting this file may cause a software problem but I’m not sure what program is using this file. Is it possible that the driver became corrupt or could this problem be caused by a Trojan?
All of the above.

First I would recommend you remove Norton. It is constantly causing BSOD's. I would replace it with microsoft security essentials.

I would also to the same with ad-aware. MSE will do both and since it is written by MS is hooked into the kernel better.

You can test what is using it by rebooting in safe mode (F8) and renaming the file to sbapif.bak.

then reboot. if it is need win 7 will find and install a fresh copy, if it iisnt needed it wont load.

What photoshop plugin?

If you are concerned about a trojan run an AV scan


Ken


My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

I renamed the file but Windows kept on replacing it. I uninstalled Ad-Aware and Ad-Aware for Outlook plugin and then once again renamed the Sbapifs file and this time the system did not replace this file, so it’s gone.

I need a few days to see if working in Photoshop brings up the blue screen crash once again or if this problem has been solved.

I also have another problem that shuts down and reboots the computer instantly at random times, usually when I’m not at the computer so I need to see if this problem has also been resolved.

Thanks again for all your help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by epawelko View Post
I renamed the file but Windows kept on replacing it. I uninstalled Ad-Aware and Ad-Aware for Outlook plugin and then once again renamed the Sbapifs file and this time the system did not replace this file, so it’s gone.

I need a few days to see if working in Photoshop brings up the blue screen crash once again or if this problem has been solved.

I also have another problem that shuts down and reboots the computer instantly at random times, usually when I’m not at the computer so I need to see if this problem has also been resolved.

Thanks again for all your help
What version of win 7 are you running (7100, 7600,etc)???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

It's Windows 7 home premium 64-bit. I can't seem to locate version #
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Update: I’ve worked with Photoshop and it seems stable since I removed the sbapifs file.

I originally swapped memory with my other computer as a test to see if it causes problems on my other machine, which it did not. We put back my original memory and my machine booted successfully. Ten minutes later, while I was in another room I heard my machine reboot. I’ve uploaded the dump file. I’m assuming that this is the other issue mentioned above. This reboot does not go to blue screen, rather the screen goes blank, followed by a reboot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Blue Screen Crash, Event ID 41, kernel-power





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Blue Screen Crash, Event ID 41, kernel-power
Thread Forum
Blue Screen of Death - Event ID 41 Kernel-Power BSOD Help and Support
blue screen bsod kernel power event id 41 BSOD Help and Support
Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a BSOD Help and Support
Solved Black Screen of Death - Kernel-Power Event 41 Occurs often when gaming BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen,kernel-power ID 41 help :( BSOD Help and Support
Random Blue screen error:Event ID 41,kernel Power BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen - kernel power event id 41 BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

ฉ Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33