Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HELP!! BSOD every time the computer is booted


09 Jun 2010   #1

windows 7
 
 
HELP!! BSOD every time the computer is booted


Hi guys

I'm getting a BSOD pretty much every time when the computer is booted.
I will attach the BSOD files though it is in word since I have tried to open it..sorry I'm a beginner..hope this does not effect the processing.

My spec is:

OS: win 7
CPU:Intel i5
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55A-UD4
Graphics card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5770
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster XL2370
Ram: not sure about the brand but its 4G

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Jun 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dave19821104 View Post
Hi guys

I'm getting a BSOD pretty much every time when the computer is booted.
I will attach the BSOD files though it is in word since I have tried to open it..sorry I'm a beginner..hope this does not effect the processing.

My spec is:

OS: win 7
CPU:Intel i5
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55A-UD4
Graphics card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5770
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster XL2370
Ram: not sure about the brand but its 4G
ntfs.sys
rdyboost.sys
PCIIDEX.SYS
ntkrnlmp.exe
rdyboost.sys
rdyboost.sys
usbhub.sys
ntkrnlmp.exe
Ntfs.sys

All in the disk chain. Remove any readyboost usb device first and we'll go from there. Edit: Two corrupted files in WinSxS could not be repaired -- my gut is this is unrelated.

What anti-virus are you using? Any of them that patch the kernel can cause this too. Can you uninstall whatever your using and install Microsoft Security Essentials simply as a troubleshooting step please? http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #3

windows 7
 
 

Hi baarod,

Thank you for a quick reply

By removing anyboost usb device, is it such as 4gig usb drive and like external HDD?
If so I did remove 4gig kington usb drive and It seems to work fine somehow ( I have rebooted 4times to just check)

I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials for a long time so this won't be an issue.

Thank you for a quick reliable reply.
I will keep you posted how the system runs for couple of days
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Jun 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dave19821104 View Post
Hi baarod,

Thank you for a quick reply

By removing anyboost usb device, is it such as 4gig usb drive and like external HDD?
If so I did remove 4gig kington usb drive and It seems to work fine somehow ( I have rebooted 4times to just check)

I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials for a long time so this won't be an issue.

Thank you for a quick reliable reply.
I will keep you posted how the system runs for couple of days
anyboost? Do you mean Readyboost? It could very well be a 4GB USB flash drive that is failing. How long have you had it? Thank you for keeping me posted. I really do care about those I help.

Would you like to know how I figured it out? I'd be happy to teach you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #5

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
...Would you like to know how I figured it out? I'd be happy to teach you.
I sure would.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #6

windows 7
 
 
BSOD problem still exist...>.< plz help

Oh damn..hey baard I start the comp this afternoon around 12:40ish and had another BSOD.
I sort of figured out the pattern and it seems to be happening only after long shutdown? like over night.
Sounds unlikely lol but it is the likewise pattern. hmm here is the dump file
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #7

Microsoft Window 7 Professional 32 bit
 
 

sounds like the system files are fail
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dave19821104 View Post
Oh damn..hey baard I start the comp this afternoon around 12:40ish and had another BSOD.
I sort of figured out the pattern and it seems to be happening only after long shutdown? like over night.
Sounds unlikely lol but it is the likewise pattern. hmm here is the dump file
This one is different. It's referencing cdrom.sys. Were you doing anything with an optical drive? Have any "perfect copy" software installed? iTunes?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HELP!! BSOD every time the computer is booted




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: HELP!! BSOD every time the computer is booted
Thread Forum
Solved Computer BSOD from time to time regardless what I'm doing BSOD Help and Support
New built computer bsod's time to time.stop error 0x000000a BSOD Help and Support
computer needs to be booted twice to get some display Hardware & Devices
BSOD randomly when booted ID:2057 new pc Drivers
computer booted with 16 gig of ram and now wont Hardware & Devices
BSOD when system was booted BSOD Help and Support
IE8 loses its cookies when computer is hard booted. Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33