Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Blue Screen on Shut Down


12 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
Blue Screen on Shut Down

Twice in two days now I've gone to shut down the computer and it's restarted instead. The first time I wasn't watching, but just now I saw it happen, a blue screen then restart.

Error info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00008312
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 8340A8B3
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\071210-22312-01.dmp
C:\Users\Louise\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-36187-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt



What's occurring and how can I fix it?

DMP Zip attached


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jul 2010   #2

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flamingkitties View Post
Twice in two days now I've gone to shut down the computer and it's restarted instead. The first time I wasn't watching, but just now I saw it happen, a blue screen then restart.

Error info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00008312
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 8340A8B3
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\071210-22312-01.dmp
C:\Users\Louise\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-36187-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt



What's occurring and how can I fix it?

DMP Zip attached
Is there any reason you have started a new thread ?

looking at your .dmp file this is very likely to be a driver problem ........

research and update these drivers to start with
Quote:
cledx.sys 0x92e56000 0x92e64000 0x0000e000 0x427fa729 09/05/2005 19:08:41
wacommousefilter.sys 0x92ecb000 0x92ed3000 0x00008000 0x45d5f40d 16/02/2007 19:12:29
Rt86win7.sys 0x92c80000 0x92ca5000 0x00025000 0x49a65b16 26/02/2009 10:04:22
cledx.sys by Team H2O CLEDX service , possibly a synthesizer program that allows you to plug a USB/MIDI keyboard into your computer needs unninstalling ?
wacommousefilter.sys - Wacom tablet mouse driver, needs updating ?
Rt86win7.sys is your RealTek networking driver and is over a year out of date and needs updating ?

let us know how it goes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

To support what ickymay suggested, the Wacom mouse driver has shown up several times before as a problem. The best solution is a new mouse.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Jul 2010   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ickymay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flamingkitties View Post
Twice in two days now I've gone to shut down the computer and it's restarted instead. The first time I wasn't watching, but just now I saw it happen, a blue screen then restart.

Error info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00008312
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 8340A8B3
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\071210-22312-01.dmp
C:\Users\Louise\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-36187-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt



What's occurring and how can I fix it?

DMP Zip attached
Is there any reason you have started a new thread ?

looking at your .dmp file this is very likely to be a driver problem ........

research and update these drivers to start with
Quote:
cledx.sys 0x92e56000 0x92e64000 0x0000e000 0x427fa729 09/05/2005 19:08:41
wacommousefilter.sys 0x92ecb000 0x92ed3000 0x00008000 0x45d5f40d 16/02/2007 19:12:29
Rt86win7.sys 0x92c80000 0x92ca5000 0x00025000 0x49a65b16 26/02/2009 10:04:22
cledx.sys by Team H2O CLEDX service , possibly a synthesizer program that allows you to plug a USB/MIDI keyboard into your computer needs unninstalling ?
wacommousefilter.sys - Wacom tablet mouse driver, needs updating ?
Rt86win7.sys is your RealTek networking driver and is over a year out of date and needs updating ?

let us know how it goes
New topic as the old one was in the wrong place, I believe, sorry!
Updated the RealTek, Wacom mouse thing doesn't seem to want to take, very annoying, and no idea how I am going to update H20, not sure they've ever released another version, will have to search the web harder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
To support what ickymay suggested, the Wacom mouse driver has shown up several times before as a problem. The best solution is a new mouse.
Thing is Wacom is my graphics tablet.
My mouse is a Razer, is there a conflict? Mouse isn't *that* old either, would rather not get a new mouse!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I recommend that you completely uninstall H2O. It is obsolete software and not written for Win 7. It was written for XP. You need to find another program compatible with Win 7.

My mistake. Your Razor mouse mouse appears to be OK. It is the graphics tablet that needs an updated driver or to be upgraded.

Win 7 does not like obsolete drivers. It is a new OS and old drivers can and do cause conflicts and BSOD's.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
I recommend that you completely uninstall H2O. It is obsolete software and not written for Win 7. It was written for XP. You need to find another program compatible with Win 7.

My mistake. Your Razor mouse mouse appears to be OK. It is the graphics tablet that needs an updated driver or to be upgraded.

Win 7 does not like obsolete drivers. It is a new OS and old drivers can and do cause conflicts and BSOD's.
Problem with the H20 is that without it, a bootleg copy of Cubase will not run on my machine - which would be fine if it wasn't for a VST making Logic destroy my work on my MacBook. I can't win either way! Perhaps I'm not meant to make music!

I did attempt to update the Wacom driver, but it didn't take. I will try a third time, maybe I'm looking at the wrong bit in System/Device Mgr. Only seems to have Wacom Mouse listed..and a driver from 2007 in Mice and Pointers...hmm. Maybe it's hiding in the USB devices.

If things continue to crash on shutdown I'll see what else I can do, thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

If you find an updated driver for it, download to you computer and install it from you computer using Device Manager. If the driver is in an exe file, run the exe file and it will install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Blue Screen on Shut Down




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Blue Screen on Shut Down
Thread Forum
Solved Blue screen shut down BSOD Help and Support
Win 7 Shut down blue screen BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen shut down BSOD Help and Support
Blue screen after shut down BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen on Shut Down BSOD Help and Support
Blue Screen Shut Down Help BSOD Help and Support
Blue screen at shut down BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33