Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD and BCCode 124


21 Jul 2010   #11

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Nope, it misses stuff all the time.

Use Memtest86 instead. Here is a direct link: http://memtest.org/download/4.10/mem...+-4.10.iso.zip

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Aug 2010   #12

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

I ran MemTest86+ overnight. It made it through five full passes without any errors and was about 81% complete on a sixth run without any errors thus far.

So, I'm guessing memory is not to blame here. Suggestions for what to do next?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2010   #13

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Aug 2010   #14

Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

According to Intel, this is a Core i7 - either a 930 or a 975. If it's a 975, it is supposed to be a 3.3GHz part, but you're showing a 2.8GHz part. If it's not an i7 930, this could be a problem, so I thought I'd point it out:
Code:
4: kd> !cpuinfo
CP  F/M/S Manufacturer  MHz PRCB Signature    MSR 8B Signature Features
 4  6,26,5 GenuineIntel 2806 0000000f00000000                   211b3ffe
As to the WHEA failures, it looks like it is indeed complaining of a memory *access* issue with processors 0 and 2 failing an internal timer watchdog timeout when accessing bank 5 (all 3 124's you uploaded are a failure accessing bank 5):
Code:
===============================================================================
Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor    @ fffffa800ba88148
Section       @ fffffa800ba882d0
Offset        : 664
Length        : 264
Flags         : 0x00000000
Severity      : Fatal

Error         : Internal timer (Proc 2 Bank 5)
  Status      : 0xfe00000000800400
  Address     : 0x000038801000fb6e
  Misc.       : 0x0000000000007fff
So, either the CPU is damaged, or you have a bad stick of memory.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2010   #15

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Jonathan,

Why do you suggest removing Zone Alarm? I have heard of Windows 7/Zone Alarm issues before. If this is related to the Yukon Ethernet Controller, enabling IPv6 support in Zone Alarm seems to have fixed this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2010   #16

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cluberti View Post
According to Intel, this is a Core i7 - either a 930 or a 975. If it's a 975, it is supposed to be a 3.3GHz part, but you're showing a 2.8GHz part. If it's not an i7 930, this could be a problem, so I thought I'd point it out:
Code:
4: kd> !cpuinfo
CP  F/M/S Manufacturer  MHz PRCB Signature    MSR 8B Signature Features
 4  6,26,5 GenuineIntel 2806 0000000f00000000                   211b3ffe
As to the WHEA failures, it looks like it is indeed complaining of a memory *access* issue with processors 0 and 2 failing an internal timer watchdog timeout when accessing bank 5 (all 3 124's you uploaded are a failure accessing bank 5):
Code:
===============================================================================
Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor    @ fffffa800ba88148
Section       @ fffffa800ba882d0
Offset        : 664
Length        : 264
Flags         : 0x00000000
Severity      : Fatal

Error         : Internal timer (Proc 2 Bank 5)
  Status      : 0xfe00000000800400
  Address     : 0x000038801000fb6e
  Misc.       : 0x0000000000007fff
So, either the CPU is damaged, or you have a bad stick of memory.
My proc is an i7 930. I ran MemTest overnight and it did not report any errors, so I'm guessing the memory is not an issue.

If the CPU is indeed bad, would running Prime95 expose this? And, would that be responsible for the video card errors?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2010   #17

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Also, I ran FurMark and it didn't take long before my entire screen distorted. Probably less than one minute. I had to force the PC off because I couldn't see the "Quit" button on the app.

The temp got up around 75 degrees Celcius before it distorted.

According to SpeedFan, my GPU sits around 49 degrees.

Is this normal? If all GPUs will eventually max out with this program, how does this tell you whether your graphics card is bad?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2010   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rebelagentm View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Jonathan,

Why do you suggest removing Zone Alarm? I have heard of Windows 7/Zone Alarm issues before. If this is related to the Yukon Ethernet Controller, enabling IPv6 support in Zone Alarm seems to have fixed this.
Zone Alarm is a known cause of BSOD on a lot of Win 7 systems. When troubleshooting crashes, you want to eliminate every possible known cause of crashes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2010   #19

Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rebelagentm View Post
Also, I ran FurMark and it didn't take long before my entire screen distorted. Probably less than one minute. I had to force the PC off because I couldn't see the "Quit" button on the app.

The temp got up around 75 degrees Celcius before it distorted.

According to SpeedFan, my GPU sits around 49 degrees.

Is this normal? If all GPUs will eventually max out with this program, how does this tell you whether your graphics card is bad?
No, I wouldn't think that's normal. 75C is around the thermal ceiling for the Intel CPU as well, in fact it's a few degrees above it (Core i5/i7 have a thermal ceiling of ~72C). The GPU is warm too, although I'm not sure that's anywhere near a ceiling for that part. Given the behavior though, I would suspect the GPU right now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2010   #20

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I would purchase a new GFX card, honestly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD and BCCode 124




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD and BCCode 124
Thread Forum
Solved three different BSOD during 2 nights bccode 1A and bccode 24 and D1 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD BCCode 1e BSOD Help and Support
BSOD:: BCCode: 116; BCCode: f4 (mostly f4) BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during high bandwith situations. Bccode a, bccode b1. BSOD Help and Support
BSOD BCCode 1e BSOD Help and Support
Frequent/randon BSODs. once BCCode =3b, once BCCode =1e, BSOD Help and Support
BSOD from new memory card, BCCode:d1 & BCCode:fc BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33