I am a new student in college and I will give you some advice I have picked up so far!
1) Go to sleep.
2) Go to class.
3) If you decide to party, you'll be bored of it in three months max, so don't bother.
4) Clean everything.
5) Make lists. You'll forget anything that's important.
6) Ask questions. Not only will you learn, but the professors will like you and you will benefit if they like you.
7) Add phone numbers to your contact list that might be useful (like 24/7 medical places, cabs, and a non-emergency police number).
11) Know your roommate's schedule.